Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Congressman's obscure letter to me and my response

(This is a reply after I received the letter below on 12/15/05)

September 8, 2005

Mrs. xxxx

Dear Mrs. xxxx:

Thank you for contacting with your concerns regarding immigration.
    After reading your letter, I think there are two areas we can agree on: (1)our current immigration system does not work and (2) we agree to disagree.

Immigration is one of the most complex issues in this country, and is at the
    forefront of discussions in Congress. In Arizona immigration has always been a crucial part of our history. We must remember that history, and also evaluate why the current situation exists in our border.

The last time that our country had a major immigration law change was more
    than twenty years ago. In the 1990s there began an attempt to address
    immigration, but this was a border-security only approach. It did not deter
    immigrants from entering the United Sates nor did it provide a venue for
    legal entry; instead it encouraged immigrants to enter through our Arizona
    deserts.

I bring up this quick synopsis to make my point that we should learn from
    our past approach to immigration and not do a one-sided fix. In Congress, we
    are about to take on immigration laws that would improve the economy,
    security, and humanity for all individuals involved - United States
    Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, and immigrants. As we continue the
    debate to change immigration law, we need to ensure that immigration law
    complements our labor, economic, and population needs, and create accessible legal venues for immigration.

I support legislation that deals with immigration in a comprehensive manner;
    comprehensive includes, at a minimum, dealing with a security strategy,
    immigration law, visa backlogs, family unification, a guest worker program
    that protects employee and employer, and a path to legalization for those
    already in the country.

I support comprehensive immigration reform as well as an international
    dialogue in dealing with immigration. This is to deal with the reality of
    our border and include the "push-pull" factors of immigration to the
    discussion. Understanding immigration is taking responsibility for U.S.
    policy with respect to other countries and the impact it has on their and
    our economy. For example, if we are to deal with immigration from Mexico ,
    we need to expand our ! relationship, dialogue and strategies and work on a U.S.-Mexico policy that addresses both of our economic concerns.

Theses principles guide my support for the Secure America Orderly
    Immigration Act (HR 2330) introduced by Representatives Jim Kolbe, Jeff
    Flake, and Luis Gutierrez, respectively. This legislation addresses the
    reality in our country and addresses all aspects of the immigration debate,
    understanding that improvements will not come through a piecemeal approach.

Immigrants are a part of country. As you know, this country was founded by immigrants, and even though times have changed the role of immigrants advancing our country has not. Immigrants continue to add to our economic success and vibrant diversity.

The value of immigrants is not solely financial, but many of the current
    discussions on immigration surround the cost of immigration. As Americans we must recognize the financial role of immigrants. Research from the National Research Council found that immigrants add about $10 billion to the economy each year, and pay $80,000 per capita more in taxes then the government services they use in their lifetime. The Social Security Administration estimates that workers without valid social security numbers contribute $8.5 billion dollars annually to Social Security and Medicare; this is unclaimed money that ensures United States Citizens continue receiving a dignified retirement. In Arizona , Thunderbird American Graduate School of Management estimates that immigrants provide Arizona with a fiscal surplus of $106 million per year, and that Mexican immigrants alone provide $355.7 million per year in tax contributions.

Immigrants contribute to our economy, our culture, and our history. In
    standing with our historical base, I will remain an advocate for rational,
    intelligent and comprehensive immigration reform, because anything less will not suffice.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I always appreciate hearing
    about the issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,

Raul M. Grijalva
    Member of Congress

December 15, 2005

Dear Congressman Grijalva:

I received this letter from you today, December 15, 2005, dated from
    September 8, 2005. I have no idea what letter you have responded to from me as you have not addressed any of the issues I have brought up to you in the past. You go on and on in this letter about how wonderful immigration is, but you don't address or acknowledge what I have written about to you in the past,illegal immigration or what it does and has done
    to this country. You have in the past stressed what you call the importance of "family reunification," I believe for illegal immigrants, but your goal is for this to occur in the U.S. My goal is for this to occur in the country of ones origin. Why should this occur in the U.S.?

The Pew Institute study recently reported that only 5 percent of illegal immigrants were unemployed at the time they decided to come to the U.S. I find this very significant that 95% of illegal immigrants were employed in their home countries. This shows that a big lie is being perpetuated on the American people who are continuously fed the claim that we must show compassion for illegal immigrants as they are starving and have to feed their families. Send aide to their home countries then. They obviously weren't starving as they were able to pay a smuggler thousands of dollars to illegally transport them into the U.S. They were making a living in their home countries. They just like what we have better and have no regard for the law. You must be overjoyed by the fact that even Mexico acknowledges that 10 percent of Mexican Nationals are now living in the U.S.

I would appreciate that when you write me, you address the issues I have
    brought up with you rather than giving me your form letter and pat line "we agree to disagree," which you have included in other letters to me before. As I stated earlier, you haven't even touched on the issues I
    have brought up and you tout the wonders of immigrants, not the issue of
    illegal aliens. It is a shame that my Congressman from what he has written to me can't perceive the difference between immigrants (who are here with the knowledge of the government)and illegal immigrants that have no accounting whatsoever and break our laws every step of the way.

Mrs. xxxx
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Another side note my husband mentioned that I didn't include in my letter is that the billions of dollars being sent out of the country to the countries of the illegal aliens is money that is being denied to our own economy to the detriment of our economy.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

It is just as important what the remittances are used for.

Canned prepared food

Clothing of the rack

Coyotes
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mapwife---You go Girl!! Give that CongressCritter heck!! What an insulting letter. What a cop out.

Well, we know that one is for Guest Worker which puts him on the Globalist Traitors List.

And once you're on, you stay on.

These people will get just one chance to show their colors as Patriots or Traitors.

These are the same people that decided this year that you don't get a second chance during Bankruptcy.

So, I'm quite certain they'll see the fairness and equity of a one shot deal to peform their duties as either Patriots of the American People....or lyin' cheatin' back-stabbin', two-faced, hideous ugly despicable Globalist Traitors.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Nice letter Nicemap, i am sorry to hear you are getting letters back like this. I wrote Sen Frist a month ago and i received a letter back and it was 4pgs long and they addressed every issue and he seems to be on it and really seems to care as they took the time to address my letter when i cant get it from my own California Senators. Sen Frist is who i contact and email as my own Senators dont care and he has a Majority leader office and a dept for immigration so i hope it is worth all the hassle i have put though on focusing on Frist.

P

Mapwife,
    great response.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hate to say it, but he will probably put your response in the round file. This guy puts the intrests of Mexico ahead of America. He won't listen to you, all you can do is try to fire him.

As for Senator Frist, he is more responsive because he is thinking about running for President.

Timbinh - you are probably right, he'll toss it, but he does keep a file on me as an "enemy combatant," and I do believe if I set foot in his office, they'll call the police on me. At least they know I exist!

Also, remember that William from this group and the guy from NUMBERS keep encouraging us to write, write, write. (even when you can't get blood out of turnip)

Also, remember that William from this group and the guy from NUMBERS keep encouraging us to write, write, write. (even when you can't get blood out of turnip)
    I let my no-good so-called representative know this afternoon that I'll be working with his opposition should he seek re-election. I know it won't matter to him but sure made me feel better.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow, Mapwife. Your rep is PATHETIC. I just read my letter from Clay Shaw. Compared to yours, Clay Shaw looks like a Minuteman.

Don't even suggest that your rep start packing. I think we better send a moving company to do it. It'll be faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast