Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first love

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My first love

How many of you remember your first love?
    I remember mine, I was about five years old but she was the most beautiful thing I every saw, I still love her even after a half century.
    Her name is Betty Boop and the last item I bought of her was a small figurine of her holding the American flag, as I looked around for a place to set her I looked at the bottom and it said "made in China".
    My beloved Betty has been sold out had being held hostage in a different land.
    My Betty is crying she wants to come home but big bussiness won't let her, she doesn't like living in China, she loves America so much.
    I want my Betty to come back home where she belongs!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mountain Dog,

Industrial espionage has resulted int reverse engineering of Betty Boop!!!!!!! I'm sure they have Micky and the little dog Pluto too!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ummm

Mountaindog...

What is your point here?

What does Betty Boop have to do with illegal immigration?

(mod edit)
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Re: Ummm

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    Mountaindog...

What is your point here?

Have you had your haldol today?
    I apologise that you aren't able to understand my post, Dixie didn't seem to have a problem.
    I don't understand why you feel a need to be abusive?
    One of the reason I like this forum is that people here get along and can discuss things as adults and don't feel the need to make cheap shots at others, if all you are looking for is someone to argue with and take cheap shots at I suggest you go somewhere else.
    Any thoughts from the moderators on this?

Mountaindog...

What is your point here?

OHFLYING
    I believe that Mountaindog is making a point concerning US Industry/American jobs being siphoned off by China and other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Mountaindog...

What is your point here?

I apologise that you aren't able to understand my post, Dixie didn't seem to have a problem.
    I don't understand why you feel a need to be abusive?
    One of the reason I like this forum is that people here get along and can discuss things as adults and don't feel the need to make cheap shots at others, if all you are looking for is someone to argue with and take cheap shots at I suggest you go somewhere else.
    Any thoughts from the moderators on this?
    MOUNTAINDOG
    What's going on tonight? Drive 2nd to drink night?

Now that you asked.........
    Ohflying asked a valid question and really deserves a polite answer. Perhaps you took his/her comment the wrong way and saw it as a "cheap shot" when, in fact, it was not meant that way?

Fyi: it took me a moment or two to understand what you were driving at when I read it some time ago.

As far as suggesting that OHFLYING go somewhere else, well, as you can see, he's been here a very long time, has worked hard for ALIPAC and isn't going anywhere.

OK, I apologise........ again. However I do think asking someone if they took their haldol is a cheap shot. I don't come on here be insulted or argue with anyone if that's what I wanted to do I could always go talk with my wife.
    To answer the question, yes I was refering to all our jobs being sent overseas, try going out and buying a coffe cup that says "God bless America and you will find it was made in China.
    I don't know how old any of you are but I have been watching the decline of America for over a half century.
    Take a look at the clothes and the shoes you wear and the items you use around your home, I bet you ten to one they were not made in America.
    I have worked hard all my life, I have fought for my country and have served my communities, now that I am older and can no longer do hard work I can't find a job, oh there are things out there I could do but I am not fluent enough in spanish.
    Back when I was working I was getting the VIN off of a ladys Chevy SUV and mentioned to her that it was made in Mexico, whoo hoo was she mad about that, another time when I was a ambulance mechanic we had a brand new one break down on a call so I was out there putting a vacum pump on it and the Medic's asked me why a new rig would break down, I just showed them the parts box from Ford, it said made in Hungary!
    If you think that nice shiney new car parked in your driveway is American made guess again, there are parts on it from all over the world.
    I have watched this country rise up after WWII, I went to school with kids who lost their fathers in Korea, and I have watched it fall flat on it's face since, we are being sold out to big corperations on a global nature so if I get a little wacky at times I do apolgise all I ask is a little respect and I will reurn it in kind!

MountainDog,

You're okay in my book. You went a little off topic for some but I totally get what you're saying.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    MountainDog,

You're okay in my book. You went a little off topic for some but I totally get what you're saying.
    Thanks for the support Bear paw. I know I can get a bit wacky at times but I thinks it's because I have seen and done so much in my life I just expect others to understand me.
    And to Ohflying I again apologise for being out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    MountainDog,

MountainDog,

I second Bearpaw here. It was late last night when I read your post and I was a little confused about the topic title (although interesting) and the mention of Betty Boop. After reading your post I saw clearly what you meant about American jobs going overseas. And, Betty Boop is an American idol/symbol or whatever the word is, isn't she.

I read your post soon after you made it last night and the only response at that time was from Dixie. I was going to post a positive post but was so tired and fell asleep soon after.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast