Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My handicapped tag was stolen

OK... just venting here.

I had my car washed and cleaned at a local upscale carwash. you know, the kind with the nice convenience store selling items, sundries, gourmet coffee, etc.
    Had a carpeted waiting room with a plasma TV, leather chairs, up to date mags, an internet cafe, a game room for the kids... real posh place.

I noticed that every employee except for the two owners and a person inside at the register were Latino.... both men and women.
    Just sayin'. that's all. Don't know if they're working legally or not.... Just sayin' .... that's all.

Well I paid 22.00 for the cheapy wash.

I have a handicapped tag that is used on my rear view mirror whenever I have to transport a disabled, wheelchair bound parent..... which is quite often.
    Prior to exiting my vehicle, I put the tag in my glove compartment so no one would be ""tempted to take it."""

Well I just checked my glove compartment and my entire car from top to bottom and the tag is gone.

I'm going there first thing in the morning and raise you-know-what!
    I am so pi$$d off right now!

(I thought that since this was a posh car wash in a low crime wealthy suburban part of town I should not have to worry about theft.)

The tag has my parent's name, address, and expiration date on it.

Re: My handicapped tag was stolen

Hi Bornbredhere,
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbredhere
    The tag has my parent's name, address, and expiration date on it.
    Maybe you've thought of this already... make sure their home security is up to standard.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Re: My handicapped tag was stolen

[/quote] Maybe you've thought of this already... make sure their home security is up to standard.[/quote]

I'm going to have to make sure my home security is up to date.
    I use the tag to park in the hadicapped area in my complex, since my parent lives with me!
    It was when I pulled into the spot tonite and went into the glove compartment to get it out that I noticed it missing.

I usually keep it in a side door slot, but figured I'd get it out of sight when I pulled up to the car wash.
    I cannot believe anyone would go into my glove compartment.... especially in a posh car wash like that one. Well it was my first and possibly last visit to that place depending on what I find out tomorrow morning.

bornbredhere:

Please check your messages. I sent you a PM with some suggestions about your situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My sister has a disabled son and they lost their tag that they hung on the mirror, she went to the DMV to get a new one and they asked her if she would like to have "disabled plates" to put on her car, she said "yes" and they gave her a new set of plates for free.
    You might check with your local DMV and see if they will do that for you.
    Good luck.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think the leson learned is this - do not do business with companies that use non-fluent english speaking Mexicans. There's no reason to pussyfoot around the issue. Paying an amount to get work done that should cost double, triple, or more, at a place that is majority Mexican just hurts us, not helps us.

I will not do business with any company that utilizes non fluent-english speaking Mexicans; no exceptions.

THIS is why they come here - because Americans just want to save a buck. They play on our greed, and they are winning!

(I thought that since this was a posh car wash in a low crime wealthy suburban part of town I should not have to worry about theft.)
    No place is safe. "Posh" neighborhoods might not have drive-by shootings as a "normal" part of their day but they certainly aren't void of crime. I don't think there's anyplace where you don't have to always have your guard up.

I'm really eating 'crow' now.

OK.
    I'm dead wrong!!!! I have falsely accused people of wrongdoing.

But let it be said that we ALIPAC folks will admit it when we're wrong.

I found the tag. I decided to go through my vehicle again and found it. It had fallen into a small crack which was between the glove compartment and carpeting.... was caught up in some wiring.

Sorry, I apologize to the board and to Latinos or any implication I've made.

I'm so up in arms over illegal immigration (and yes with Mexico supporting it) that lately I've been more reactionary than proactive.

I'm angry about the US accomodating the Spanish language: "press 1 for English."
    I'm angry about the government's pandering to illegals.
    I'm angry about the blatent disregard that illegals have for our laws and their use of phony ID's to get over. If I was caught with a phony SS Card, my behind would be in jail.
    I'm mad that they have the gaul to equate themselves to Rosa Parks and the 1960's civil rights movement.
    I'm very, very angry about 14th Amendment abuse!

I over-reacted and made false assumptions, guys, and I apologize.

Now to become more proactive.
    My biggest peeve is 14th amendment abuse, because it can prove detrimental to this country. It is a serious problem that is being swept under the rug by the government and not understood by many American citizens.
    I literally can see the invasion almost everywhere I go.

How do I proactively fight against 14th amendment abuse?

I will write my Governer today.

All people make mistakes.
    Good people admit to and correct them.

Bornbredhere.......takes a bigger person to admit when then they messed up. Last I checked......they haven't passed out wings yet. It's a stressful, stressful time we're in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast