Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My letter to Bush titled "NO to your amnesty plan!"

Bush must think we are apathetic idiots. I will never accept amnesty. The borders need to be secured and the laws enforced now. That is the only way. My letter to Bush:

Mr President,
    I eagerly anticipated and watched your "The American people BETTER ACCEPT AMNESTY AND LIKE IT" speech last night. Your paltry plan to secure the border is just NOT ENOUGH. Six thousand National Guardsmen is NOT ENOUGH! Also, these troops MUST HAVE enforcement powers. I also think that 1.9 billion dollars to secure the border is NOT ENOUGH money, considering your Administration spends 2 billion every TWO WEEKS in Iraq. America's security is more important than Iraq!!

My plan to help fund border security calls for the immediate and complete stoppage of funding to social programs such as Welfare, Public housing, Medi-cal, Food Stamps and schooling to illegal aliens. If this proposal was instituted in California alone, we would have OVER 9 BILLION dollars saved that could then be earmarked for border security! Also, when illegals realize that they will no longer be fed by the teat of the American welfare system they will take themselves home. It's win/win. The amount of illegal aliens in the workplace vs. the illegal aliens in prison and on welfare is disproportionate in a negative way. This is a drain on our system and it must stop now.

As I watch this issue unfold, I am disheartened in seeing Mexican Nationals marching in our streets waving the Mexican flag and burning the Stars and Stripes. They had hoped to "cripple the economy and grind major cities to a halt". Sir, America is a Nation at war and the call to cripple America at this time is an act of treason. Should we give these traitorous criminals a path to citizenship? NO! No matter how you try and spin this, the American people will NEVER accept amnesty. Border security and enforcement NOW! That is the ONLY solution and the American people WILL Remember in November!.

A Concerned American Mom

Banned
    An EXCELLENT letter!

May I post it in other places?

Thank you for the compliment and please feel free to post it elsewhere. I forwarded this letter to all of my Congressional Representatives as well to let them know where I stand on this issue. I encouraged them to remember my comments as they debated this issue. If they want to keep their jobs they had better do the will of the American people and do it now. I am sick of the politicians rhetoric and will not hesitate to vote every sinlge one of them out of office next time I go to the polls. Hopefully they will take heed and do the right thing.

Hi,jenderder,
    I also love your letter and with your permission,will send it to my senators also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenderder
    I forwarded this letter to all of my Congressional Representatives as well to let them know where I stand on this issue. I encouraged them to remember my comments as they debated this issue. If they want to keep their jobs they had better do the will of the American people and do it now. I am sick of the politicians rhetoric and will not hesitate to vote every sinlge one of them out of office next time I go to the polls. Hopefully they will take heed and do the right thing.
    Welcome to the forum. Nice letter. I've written and sent letters through Congress. org, but lately I feel those are ignored. There seems to be an effort from your elected leadership to ignore all letters not specifically sent to their own individual site, from their own personal electorate.
    Of course, that means that Presidente Bush won't read ANY of our mails unless they originate from Mexico! And even if my senators receive my letters who's to say their staff (hmmm, maybe illegal staff?) even cares enough to tally my opinion. As far as "reading the mail" how many of you actually believe any one of our senators or congressmen READ our letters?
    Tooth fairy anyone?
    Call me a skeptic, if you want, and I'm not suggesting we stop mailing, BUT I think we would do better raising a stink through other channels. The question is HOW ? JUST WHAT IS IT THAT WOULD GET THEIR ATTENTION?
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”