mr. hernandez,
I am writing to you in response to your interview on FoxNews with the sheriff from Maricopa county. First of all, I want to say from one american to another, you make me sick. I dont know where your getting your information that 75 percent of americans want to allow ILLEGAL LAWBREAKS the right to stay in the USA. your numbers are so far off base that its not even funny. Truth is, its the opposite. 75 percent say NO AMNESTY and NO to guestworker or path to citizenship. so you can count me and many others who think your numbers and your logic are flat out wrong. I bet you also think the people who commit crimes are good people,.
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BUCK-O. you are so wrong that its not even funny. THE US has laws on the books already and they just need to be enforced. we dont need no stupid immigration reform and since you worked for the Mexican government, I would expect you to be for letting these people come here and take advantage of the US services that are designed for people like you and I...AMERICAN BORN CITIZENS. Let me go on the record as saying I have no problem with someone coming here legally but when someone violates the US law and US Soverignity to illegally cross in order to get around the border patrol or a designated port of entry.. I have a problem with it and as AN AMERICAN CITIZEN, so should you.
In listening to the interview you called the sheriff's family a WOP and you said that when they came here they did not have any papers and you made it sound like they came here illegally. unless you know for a fact that his parents of family had no papers then you had no reason to make that stupid remark. that was a cheap shot (and you know it) and in my mind and others, you crossed the line with that remark. YOU, sir, should stop being loyal to mexico and the citizens of that country and start worrying about The US the place where you were born. your loyalties should lie there, not with mexico for whom you were once employed by.
I am assuming that you are a taxpayer since your a citizen of this country and you cant sit there and tell me that you are not mad that illegals take advantage of any and all federal and state services, including hospitals and free education that your taxes are going to pay for.
Let me throw some numbers your way and ask you to think about these numbers.
Houston (harris county) texas, has two county hospitals. Last fiscal year 88 percent of all babies were born to illegals costing the county residents some 22 to 25 Million Dollars.
Dallas and Fort Worth Texas, a county hospital in each. 77 percent of babies born are to illegals costing those two counties 17 to 20 million dollars.
who pays for this? the county residents every year when they pay taxes.
in southern california, in the past three years, 100 hospitals have had to close parts of the entire hospital because of free health care given to undocumented workers. who pays for this? the sick people of southern california who really need the emergency care.
In Bisbee AZ., the hospital is barely open after filing bankruptcy because they had given too much free health care to illegals crossing into the US. the closes full operating hospital is 75 miles one way down a two lane road. who pays for this? again ths american taxpayer.
The fact that you have thee members of LaRaza (the race), MALDEF, LULAC who are only looking out for people with hispanic origins and most think the SW part of the US was stolen from mexico when it was won in a war and the US bought the land from the mexicna government.

AMERICANS should not put up with a group of thugs who terrorize citizens who have a right to be here. AMERICANS should not have to put up with people stealing their ID to fraudently obtain work. AMERICANS should not have to put up with illegals driving drunk, causing accidents that take lives of american citizens.
Let me give you these numbers. Apparently since you have little or no regard for american citizens, rep. king put a study out last fall. 12 americans on average a day are murdered by illegals. 13 more on averqage each day are killed BY ILLEGALS DRIVING DRUNK. This was the reason for the OReilly/Rivera debate the other night on FoxNews. This Ramos in Virgina had a level of .28 and killed a 16 and 17 year old in a car at a red light when hit from behind. I bet you didnt even know that the Movie director from "porkys" and "a christmas story" was killed in California last week by one of those ILLEGALS YOU SEE TO WNAT TO PROTECT. a blood alcohol level of .26 let me say that again .26 THREE TIMES THE LIMIT. your illegal had no license, and had been arrested before for DUI. Do i see you offering an apology to any american family who was killed because of one of your illegals in this country that you think can do no wrong because that is what you sound like in the interviews that I see you on.
With your hispanic heritage, I Would think that you would want 'your' people to not be exploited by the people who employ them, pay them slave wages and sometimes dont pay them at all.

AMERICANS do not want immigration reform.
Get your facts straight.
From one american to another, I have no respect for you when you apparently are siding with illegal lawbreakers. maybe you should be charged and sued the next time someone comes into the country illegaly and kills someone since you seem to think they can DO NO WRONG.

Here is my proposal for immigration. Lets see how you like this...

Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:

* in the country legally;
* have the means to sustain themselves economically;
* not destined to be burdens on society;
* of economic and social benefit to society;
* of good character and have no criminal records; and
* contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:

* immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
* foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
* foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;
* foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
* foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
* those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:

* Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)
* Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
* Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
* The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 3

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

* Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
* A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
* A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

* Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
* Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

* Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
* Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 11
* Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,

* "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
* Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
* Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

* A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
* Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

I say the US enforce these laws that are the Mexican constitution in regards to their own country. I think its Fair, dont you?