Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Letter from Mary Bono

I received the following letter from my local Congressman Mary Bono:

Dear (outnumberedinSoCal):

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding illegal immigration and border security. I appreciate hearing from you on this very important issue.

Although I recognize the contributions legal immigrants have made to our nation, like you, I am very concerned with the potential dangers associated with illegal immigration and insecure borders. Currently, I am working with my colleagues in the 109th Congress on legislation that reestablishes respect for our immigration laws and secures our borders.

Immigration reform is a major issue being dealt with not just the House of Representatives but in the Senate and throughout the nation. Your involvement in this matter is critical, and I encourage you to also contact your United States Senators, Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein, and local newspapers and media outlets with your concerns on this issue.

Most recently, I cosponsored and helped pass H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. This bill includes the implementation of the Basic Pilot Program (an employee verification system), measures that crack down on alien street gangs and improves cooperation between border sheriffs, border tribal authorities and federal law enforcement officers. Additionally, H.R. 4437 improves the Department of Homeland Security's authority for long term detention and increases the penalties for alien smuggling and human trafficking. When implemented, the effect of this bill will be a more secure border and better immigration policy for America.

As you know, I am a firm believer in having secure and safe borders. However, I also remain consistent in my position that in order to achieve true immigration reform, any border security measure must work in tandem with a robust non-amnesty temporary worker program.

Additionally, at the start of the 109th Congress, I co-sponsored H.R. 418, the REAL ID Act. This legislation, after being considered in the Senate, was adopted in the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act Conference Report and was passed in both the House and Senate to become public law in May of 2005. Some of the provisions included in the approved measures are stronger security standards for the issuance of drivers' licenses, completing the U.S./Mexico Border Fence near San Diego, and asylum reform.

Moreover, I am a co-sponsor to H.R. 4313, the TRUE Enforcement and Border Security Act of 2005, legislation that is currently referred to the House Subcommittee on Economic Security Infrastructure Protection and Cybersecurity. Representing a compilation of several enforcement proposals currently offered in both houses of Congress, H.R. 4313 calls for a border security fence that would extend from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico and empowers states and local authorities to enforce immigration laws. Provisions in H.R. 4313 would also prevent illegal immigrants from claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit and from collecting Social Security. H.R. 4313, if implemented, could serve to further bolster our nation's border security.

Please be assured that I will continue to seek ways in which we can ensure that non-citizens entering, residing and working in our country do so by utilizing our legal immigration channels.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. For your convenience you may sign up to receive regular e-mail updates from me at www.house.gov/bono. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any matters of mutual concern.

Sincerely,

Mary Bono
    Member of Congress

I have yet to get a response fom my bleeding heart liberal Senators Boxer and Feinstein

MW
    Obviously Ms. Bono is one of the good guys (gals), wish I could say the same thing for Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Talk is cheap. I`ve sent letters to most all of them and received close to the same letter back. Including Fienstien and Boxer.
    Anymore I hear too many of them taking credit for issue that they don`t even support. You just don`t know who to believe any more when it comes to talk.
    Don`t get me wrong, there are some that are on our side. We just need to find the good and weed out the bad.
    ACTIONS SPEEK LOUDER THAN WORDS
    ------------------------