Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My letter to Sid Lieken, Mayor of Springfield,Oregon.

I believe this is passing the buck? In any event, it is sad.

Here is the response to my email to the Mayor of Springfield, Oregon. I sent this to the City Council as well.

Mr. Widman

Thank you for your articulate e-mail. I want to clarify a couple of things for
    you where we as a city in Oregon are unable to enact your suggestion or that of
    the community of Hazelton, PA, population 8500. First we have a very clear and
    concise Oregon statute, ORS 181.850 that makes it illegal for an Oregon city to
    enforce immigration policy. Second Councilor Ralston did not put forth a
    proposal instead he was responding to an e-mail we received from a person in
    California wanting us to enact an ordinance that again I will reiterate is
    illegal to enforce in Oregon.

I am hopeful this clarifies some of your inquiries.

Respectfully

Sid Leiken
    Mayor

Honorable Mayor and City Council Members,

I am writing to you as a very concerned citizen of Raleigh, N.C. and the United States of America in support of Councilman Dave Ralston and the proposal he has put forth to combat the illegal alien problem in Springfield,OR.

In view of North Carolina's overwhelming population of illegal immigrants I urge you to take action to help protect the citizens of the Springfield and by extension the state from the loss of jobs, the burdening of our social
    structure, and increased crime due to the un-abated flow of illegal aliens in
    our city, and country.

Many cities and towns across America are enacting their own laws in lieu of the inaction by the Federal Government to stem the tide of illegal immigrants.
    There is overwhelming support for these laws by the legal citizens of this
    country. It seems as though there are only two groups that seem to want illegal aliens here. One group is obviously the illegal aliens themselves, and the other is the one party ruled Federal Government.

I have been voraciously reading and researching this very important issue that faces our entire nation. With the recent protests by the illegal immigrants protesting in the streets of this country waving foreign flags while burning ours, and saying things like "gringo's go home to Europe, this is our country" makes their efforts nothing short of an invasion of a foreign army on our soil. Political parties such as La Raza (the race) not so secretly advocate a violent takeover of much of the S.W. United States. They call it Aztlan, their ancestral homeland. Can we afford to stand by and watch this happen?

On July 13 of this year a great man, the Honorable Mayor Barletta of Hazelton, PA., decided enough is enough. He and his council enacted laws to protect the legal citizens of their community while effectively making it nearly impossible for illegals to exist there. Most if not all of the surrounding communities of Hazelton are in process of enacting the same type of laws to make sure they don't get stuck with the illegals that will no doubt be moving on now.

Other municipalities across the country also are acting to address the illegal immigration problem. Ordinances similar to the Hazleton measure have been proposed in the Florida communities of Palm Bay and Avon Park and the California towns of Escondido and San Bernardino.
    It is quickly catching on across the country. The legal citizens of the United
    States want action, not more rhetoric as is evidenced in polls, blogs, and many 'mainstream' media outlets.

I know that immigration is a Federal issue and there will no doubt be challenges to the ordinances enacted by individual cities, but, I can't help thinking that if more cities, towns, or states take it upon themselves to protect our citizens and our country that it will be much harder to challenge them.

The opponents to any laws or legislation that deny or restrict illegal
    immigrants would have you believe that this is a racist cause. I assure you sir that it is not.
    This is an issue of preservation of our jobs, safety from illegal immigrants
    that do not follow our laws, and to relieve our over-burdened social
    infrastructure. The law-abiding citizens of this country, state, and city pay
    for the illegal immigrants schooling, health care, etc.

Proponents of laws like the one passed in Hazelton, PA. are diverse and
    encompass every race and religion. Most legal immigrants even support these laws. After all, they became citizens of The United States of America via legal avenues that were and still are available to any that follow the rules. The Federal Government would just change the law to make it legal instead of dealing with the 15+ million law breakers. By that line of thinking, we could stop all murders in this country by legalizing it, does that make any sense? The people demand enforcement of our immigration laws . We will go to the polls and vote those who refuse (Herndon ,VA) to enforce our laws. Will you do what you
    have been sworn to do - ENFORCE the law?

Sincerely,

Visit www.ALIPAC.US to see how you can help fight the Illegal Immigration
    problem in the U.S.!

David A. Widman
    Carpe Diem!......Deo Velente.
    D.W.

Great job David.

Post it again under "letters from ALIPAC'ers" if you would so that the rest of us can "crib" from it (with you approval, of course).

What do you mean by "crib" from it?
    D.W.

"Steal" passages.

Copy parts of it for member's use in their letters.

Thanks for the letter David.

I've pasted in a letter/email I'd received from Oregonians for Immigration Reform in the last day or so on the same subject - hope this helps...

====================================

SPRINGFIELD COUNCILOR NAILS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Dave Ralston, a member of the Springfield (OR) City Council, sent an email to the Mayor and Council members warning of the dangers of illegal immigration. His email has ignited a controversy in the Eugene area and elsewhere in the State. Here is Mr. Ralston’s message, now posted on the Springfield News website, http://www.springfieldnews.com/articles ... news02.txt

To: Springfield City Council and Mayor

I strongly agree with what Mr. Nave has proposed. I believe that we cannot continue to absorb the flow of illegal immigrants, many of whom benefit from government services that our citizens provide, and most of whom take jobs that Americans can and will do, and not just low pay jobs, I know this for a fact.

I have volumes of documentation on "La Raza", "Mecha" and "The Nation of Atzlan", these people want to take over the "South West of America". They want to invade, and not assimilate. It would be very eye opening to see what these organizations have to say and I will provide information to anyone who is not familiar with these groups.

Mark my words, this is a serious problem that we will have to deal with sooner or later and I am tired of being politically correct in order to not offend anyone. This is MY country and I have a right to stand up for it. Illegal immigrants are breaking OUR laws and getting away with it, just try to go to one of their countries and do what they are doing here and see what happens.

This is "America" and we speak English, love it or leave it.

I want this sent to all of our City Councilors, and Mayor, please forward.
    ==============================================
    The Oregonian’s website carried an article on 7/20/06 giving background and describing the reactions of the Mayor and others:
    Springfield councilman defends call for immigration crackdown
    7/20/2006, 12:34 a.m. PT
    The Associated Press
    http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/reg ... st=orlocal

On 7/21/06 the Eugene Register-Guard reported on comments by “community activists.”
    Councilor's e-mail inflames activists
    By Jack Moran
    The Register-Guard
    Published: Friday, July 21, 2006
    http://www.registerguard.com/news/2006/ ... cityregion

You can support Councilor Ralston in several ways, for example:

Write a letter to the editor of the Eugene Register-Guard. Your chances of publication are probably better in you live in Eugene, Springfield, or general vicinity.
    rgletters@guardnet.com

Write to the Mayor of Springfield, Sid Leiken, who is severely critical of Ralston
    mayor@ci.springfield.or.us

Write to Councilor Dave Ralston, in care of the City Manager at:
    cmo@ci.springfield.or.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My response back to the Mayor:

Mayor,
    Thank you for your response. The issue of illegal immigration is a very complicated issue all over the country. We here in NC are seeing our infrastructure stressed to the breaking point financially and I (and many others) have lobbied the NC General Assembly to enforce US Immigration Laws now. I emailed you and the city council per the proposed ordinance in Springfield, OR because there are cities all over this great country dealing with the same issues. I would hope you and all the political leaders in Oregon would keep one thing in mind, refusing to to enforce U.S. immigration laws (even if the state refuses too) means one thing - the citizens/tax payers of Springfield get the shaft and people who have no right to be here, get a free (illegal) ride. Thank you again for your quick response to my email.

Respectfully,

Visit www.ALIPAC.US to see how you can help fight the Illegal Immmigration problem in the U.S.!

David A. Widman
    Carpe Diem!......Deo Velente
    D.W.