Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My NEW mail from The Hispanic Voter Project

Oh goodie! I have now received another mailing from the very important Hispanic Voter Project. This time I am the lucky recipient of a three fold large postcard thing.
    On the front a photo of Jan Brewer and to the right of that "Governor Jan Brewer and Arizona Republicans IGNORE REALITY.
    Below that a fancy cutout from a supposed Forbes magazine dated April 29, 2010 with the headline "Arizona Law Promotes Racial Profiling"

First Inside Page; At the top it says "Tired of being IGNORED?" and below it a photo of Linda Chavez-Thompson with the caption "A message from Linda Chavez-Thompson and the Hispanic Voter Project" Then the message:

"Until Hispanics in Texas vote in equal numbers we'll be denied an equal voice on decisions that matter--from stopping legislation like Arizona's SB 1070 to providing our kids with the education they need to compete in today's job market.
    That's where you come in as a valued member of the Hispanic Voter Project.
    Your family and friends look up to you for advice on important issues. It's time to engage them in conversation about this year's election. If they understand what they are fighting for, then voting comes naturally. And when we vote, politicians will have to address the issues that matter to us."

Middle page in bold lettering at the top:
    HOW TO GET THE CONVERSATION STARTED TODAY.
    Tips from Linda Chavez-Thompson on how to engage your family and friends.
    1. START WITH THE HEADLINES...
    People are often willing to join a conversation they've heard about. A simple question like "Did you hear about....?" or "Did you see...?" allows you to explain an issue that others will at least recognize. And after your conversation, they will be more likely to read the next article or tune into their local news.
    2. DON'T JUST TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES, BUT ALSO THE VALUES BEHIND THEM....
    When talking about politics, you may find yourself better informed than those around you. But it's important to give others the chance to express their opinions as well. Be careful not to lose sight of the larger values driving the issue. Your friends and family will be more willing to talk about the values than details.
    3. THINK ABOUT HOW THE ISSUE AFFECTS THE ONES YOU LOVE....
    It's easy to dismiss an issue if someone can't see how it might affect them personally. If that's the case, ask them to think about how it may affect their children, their grandparents, or someone else close to them. Looking at issues from another's perspective forces us to examine our own options.
    4. ALWAYS IDENTIFY NEXT STEPS....
    Before letting the conversation end, ask "what are we going to do about it?" The next step may be suggesting web sites or sources where y our family and friends can find more information for themselves. The most important step, though, is taking the time to vote. Because of we want politicians to respond, there have to be voters for them to respond to.

On the back page: A photo of Rick Perry and to the right of that:
    "Governor Rick Perry and Texas Republicans IGNORE REALITY. Below that,another fake cutout from CBS channel 11 HD dated March 22, 2010
    with the headline "Hispanics in Texas Less Likely To Graduate College."

Mailed from: The State Democratic Executive Committee
    505 West 12th Street, Suite 200, Austin, TX 78701

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wonder how I became such a valued member of the Hispanic Voter Project? The message in this mailing is about the dumbest thing I've ever read. I tutorial on how to talk to people? Sounds more like a tutorial on how to talk to morons.

Until Hispanics in Texas vote in equal numbers we'll be denied an equal voice on decisions that matter--from stopping legislation like Arizona's SB 1070 to providing our kids with the education they need to compete in today's job market.
    Then they need to go back to Mexico if they want more and see if they get it there.............DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I think we may send this out to our folks. Can you post a link to show us that first letter and can you black out your name and provide us with scans of the original documents if we need you to quickly?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is the link to the first letter I posted here on the 20th and I'm pasting the letter here too.
    I have not scanned them but I can and will.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-215709.html

THE HISPANIC VOTER PROJECT
    HENRY CISNEROS & LINDA CHAVEZ-THOMPSON-CO-CHAIRS

Dear______,
    As an informed voter, you understand the profound impact decisions made in the next session of the Texas Legislature will have on how Texas families - especially Latino families - raise their children.

At stake is the quality of our schools, the affordability of college, access to health care, and most importantly, jobs.

The Hispanic community is growing fast, but unless we turn out at the polls in equal numbers, we'll be denied an equal voice as decisions are made.

We know that your family and friends look to you for advice on important issues. Your opinion is respected. That's why we're extending this personal invitation to you to join us in the Hispanic Voter Project and help us spread the word about how important the 2010 election is to our families.

Last March the two us kicked off the Hispanic Voter Project in a Tele-Town Hall meeting, talking on the phone and over the internet to over 7000 Democratic voters. We shared ideas on what must be done to make sure our children have the necessary skills to compete in today's job market. As our Democratic nominee for Lt. Governor, Linda has been storming the state ever since raising awareness on these critical issues.

But we can't do it alone. Your leadership on helping spread the word as a member of the Hispanic Voter Project is needed- and it's needed today.

In the expectation we can count on you to join us un encouraging our friends and family to vote - and vote Democratic- you will be receiving information from us over the next couple of weeks.

Please take the time to share it with your friends and family. Woorking together, we'll move Texas in the right direction.

Sincerely,
    Henry Cisneros Linda Chavez-Thompson

P.S. To welcome you aboard, we've enclosed a photo of when we kicked off the Hispanic Vote Project. Thank you in advance for helping ensure our community's voice is heard on November 2.

(paid for by the Texas Democratic Party, www.txdemocrats.org. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.)

I hadn't looked at today's mail until now. Apparently our oldest son who is in the Air Force and hasn't lived here in about ten years, is now also a member of the Hispanic Voter Project. He got mail from them today, different than my two. His is a large postcard.

On the front there's a photo of a little boy and girl on the front with a banner splashed across them saying:
    "WHY SHOULD YOU CARE WHAT REPUBLICANS DID IN 2003?
    On the reverse side:
    Banner at top : IN 2003, REPUBLICANS TOOK HEALTH CARE AWAY FROM 200,000 CHILDREN.
    To the left: A photo of a woman taking the temperature of a little boy lying in bed with a banner on top that says:
    TODAY THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT DOING IT AGAIN!
    To the right: Photo of Linda Chavez-Thompson with text saying:
    A MESSAGE FROM LINDA CHAVEZ-THOMPSON AND
    THE HISPANIC VOTER PROJECT
    "Did you ever have a little brother or sister, a nephew or niece maybe, who broke an arm and didn't have insurance? No family should have to go through that kind of stress.
    In 2003, Republicans cut 200,000 children from the Children's Health Insurance Program--insurance that working parents can afford.
    Today Republicans are talking about closing a budget shortfall by doing exactly what they did in 2003. There's a couple hundred thousand kids out there counting on you to stop them.

Your vote makes a difference. Believe it.
    Linda Chavez -Thompson

VOTE WITH YOUR FAMILY.
    VOTE FOR DEMOCRATIC!
    VOTE EARLY TODAY THROUGH OCTOBER 29

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I guess this must be their pitiful attempt at pulling at heartstrings while subliminally telling poor Hispanics that if they don't vote for the Democrats, the evil Republicans are going to take away their very vital FREE healthcare benefits from their poor, under nourished, sickly children who's lives do not compare to that of the racist rich people and Republican children.

I had noticed that their mailings have non-profit postage and was curious to see if this outfit was actually a non-profit. I looked for Hispanic Voter Project on the web and this is basically what I found:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_Voter_Project

I was expecting to find a website for that entity but, it actually is a program of John Hopkins University which is a non-profit thing. I found no website for Hispanic Voter project with anthing about this Thompson woman and Cisneros.
    However, I didn't understand the non-profit for a mailing coming from the State Democratic Executive Commitee
    Maybe I'm wrong but....something sounds kind of "hinky" about this.