Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My "web-form" to my Senators (www.senate.gov)

Each senator has what is called a "web-form" on their personal web-site at www.senate.gov. The web-form mandates you provide your state and that way the senator's office knows you are a constituent!

Below is what I wrote to my Senators if some of you need some ideas.
    I was surprised to read some Republican Senators still have yet to make up their mind. I may also call them, as it's a long drive for an office visit.

My "web form" - I live in Maine, thus the reference to "Mainers".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the immigration reform issue I worry the most about the jobs of Mainers who have only a high school degree or less. They could be in severe jeopardy of losing their jobs because of ruthless employers who employ illegal aliens or guest workers at much lower wages.

To compete this causes other employers to fire their American workers, and also hire illegal aliens. It has happened in many other states, and it's likely to happen eventually in Maine. Then the national unemployment rate among those Americans who were born in America and have only a high school degree, or less, is now 10% and rising.

There is NO justification for making millions more illegals aliens either citizens or guest workers! The House immigration bill with adjustments seems the most sensible approach. It imposes important new responsibilities on employers who after all are the primary ones at fault here.

I do not support any kind of citizenship for illegal aliens, nor any kind of guest worker program, because both options will eventually threaten Mainer's jobs. I hope as you consider the immigration reform options that helping Mainers with only a high school degree, or less, retain their job is your highest priority.

Thank you in advance for considering them first.

I emailed my two senators today just to urge them to vote down anything that gives amnesty or guest worker status to illegals and to vote for border control.

Also, I reminded both of them they realized that Texas has been hip deep in this problem for about 10 years.

I reminded them of our high property taxes, healthcare, auto insurance, our very poor education, our overstressed infrastructure, our diminishing fresh water , etc.

To end, I asked them to please vote with America, Americans, Texas and TExans in mind - especially the future generations.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)