Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

NASA camera captures catapulting frog during launch

NASA camera captures catapulting frog during launch

Posted to: News Eastern Shore

This photo, provided by NASA, shows a frog in midair on Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, during the launch of a Minotaur V rocket from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility on the Eastern Shore. (Chris Perry | NASA)

Related

By Cindy Clayton
    The Virginian-Pilot
    ©
    September 13, 2013Some are calling it “rocket frog.”
    A remote camera set up to document the launch last Friday of the Minotaur V rocket from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility also captured a frog catapulted into the air.
    The dark outline of the tiny amphibian appears against the fiery blastoff in the photo. It caught the attention of the website Universe Today and has been making its way around the internet.
    The fate of the frog is unclear.
    One commenter wrote a song for "rocket frog'' on the website, Deadspin, while another wondered about the terminal velocity of a frog.
    NASA spokesman Keith Koehler said cameras were set up to capture the launch in a series of photos and the frog just happened to appear in one of them.
    He wasn’t sure how high the frog was in the air or how close the cameras were to the rocket.
    Another NASA spokesman told Universe Today that the facility co-exists with a wildlife refuge. The launch pad also has a pool for water to help protect the pad during launches and for noise suppression.
    It’s not the first time a creature has been seen near a rocket launch, the site reports, noting photos of birds flying away from space shuttle launches, a turkey vulture that hit a shuttle’s orange fuel tank and a bat that clung to the Discovery’s fuel tank during a liftoff in 2009.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/09/nasa...-during-launch
    ____
    Have a good caption for the frog photo? Let us know on Facebook.

Now please, give me a break here!!!!!! A FROG???This is proof the media lies and this is also proof they think we are stupid enough to believe it!!! It took me a while to find this picture but I can say I actually heard some Las Vegas "news" commentators( if we can call them that) saying this when they showed the picture and they acted so proud of themselves!! A GD FROG!!!! Please deliver me from stupidity!!! Looks to me like they killed someone...I'm just saying!!!!!!

Last edited by kathyet2; 09-19-2013 at 01:49 PM.