Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Employment Database

Spotlight on Surveillance, by EPIC (Electronic Privacy Information Center)
    May 2007

National Employment Database Could Prevent Millions of Citizens From Obtaining Jobs

EPIC’s “Spotlight on Surveillanceâ€
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Cross-referencing to Chertoff critical remarks on immigration bill amendment and Basic Pilot articles here:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...=393581#393581
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Employee verication in Nevada.

Background screening is our only business. Employer Lynx, Inc. thoroughly investigates the background of potential employees to ensure that you're hiring the most reliable, talented and experienced candidate possible. You want someone who is competent and trustworthy.

Employer Lynx, Inc. can help you determine if your candidate is the right person for the job. The first step is filling out our online service agreement, available on the Sign Up Now page. Here are the services we provide:

• County Criminal
    • Social Security Verification
    • DMV Report (By State)
    • Employment Verification
    • Workers Compensation
    • Credit Report
    • Registered Sex Offender
    • Federal Criminal Records
    • Federal Civil Records

• Global Watch List
    • Medical Scan Alert
    • National Criminal Search
    • Prison Search (By State)
    • Extended Background Report
    • Education History
    • Professional License Verification
    • Civil Records (By County)

http://www.employerlynx.com/

Live Free Or Die

Over 20 years ago, I spent almost two years living in Germany.

While I was there, I had to register with the State each time I moved to or from a town. This always meant going down to a government office center and waiting around a whole day, maybe two. I had to prove my right to be in the country with my passport, visa, and work permit.

If I changed apartments, then I had to go downtown again and update my registration. Again a whole day at the government office.

Also, while I was there, if I wanted to take a trip on a bus, plane, or train, I had to show my passport. This was mandatory, no passport = no ticket.

I was a bit surprised by all of this because I was used to freedom of movement here in the US. I got used to it though and I really didn't mind that much, after all I was a foreigner in their country.

What surprised me though was the fact that German citizens had to do all of this as well. They did not enjoy the right of free travel within their own country. That shocked me. I didn't know why the citizens put up with it.

The reason that I bring this up is that we are moving in the same direction. If you have to register with the government each time you take a job, then you do not enjoy the right to change jobs at will. It should be obvious that if the government has the right to revoke the employment of a citizen, no matter what the good intentions are, then we have lost some of our liberty.

We have already lost the right of free travel. Now, I must show positive ID to take an airplane, bus, or train, and to rent a car. So we have lost a little more of our liberty.

There is a point, when we have surrendered enough liberties, that we will no longer be able to call ourselves a "free country". We are getting dangerously close to that point.

As for me, Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death.
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!