Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: National Review Slams GOP Front-Runner in New Issue Titled

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anderson Cooper just had 2 of the 22 writers that wrote the Against Trump story in National Review on his program and they explained what they're concerned about and why they hate Trump:

Immigration, they don't want him to "deport 11 million Americans" because it will "grow government with the addition of a deportation force" .... said Michael Mehved.

Trade, they don't want him to stop this free trade treason because it will "grow government" .... said Michael Mehved.

Mona Charen mumbled something immemorable.

Sam Clovis who was there on behalf of Trump said you guys don't get it, you need to go to Trump Rallies and see and hear what is going on, he said he's never seen anything like it. The last "conservative" was Reagan (and of course he really wasn't but moving on) and since then, the "conservative movement" hasn't moved our country forward 1 inch. And that's true.

I think what is going to surface here soon is the grand difference between a "conservative" and a Republican. Republicans are social liberals, fiscal conservatives. Conservatives are social conservatives, fiscal conservatives. Conservatives have been trying to change the Republican Party and while they've changed the agenda at the national level, they haven't changed Republicans.

Trump is almost to the letter a Republican. He's for civil and equal rights, he's for secure borders and protected trade. These are all Republican ideals since the beginning of the party. That's why Trump resonates with so many but struggles with people who have a more conservative philosophy.

Let me rant on this for a minute. Conservatism is a new thing. I don't even really know what it is. Only in recent years has the term "conservative" been used in describing candidates for office running on the Republican ticket. I don't know why that occurred other than to separate themselves from Republicans.

Our country needs a Republican, not a conservative. It needs someone who will deport illegal aliens, reduce immigration, balance our trade, and cut spending by eliminating the need for it and Donald Trump is the only one talking about it. It needs someone who see the problem with black Americans the lack of jobs in their communities the outrageous unemployment and Donald Trump is the only one even talking about it.

Republicans are fiscal conservatives but we also believe in big things and big projects. We believe in Wars to end injustice in our country. We believe in equal rights for everyone. We believe in economic and trade policies that advance workers wages and benefits because that is what advances sales and grows our market. We believe in protecting our producers, manufacturers and businesses because we believe in the jobs they create here when they are protected. We believe in big road and rail and national parks projects. We believe in protecting our environment.

We need a true Republican and Donald Trump is the first true Republican to run for President since Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. And Donald Trump has everything he needs to be one of the greatest Presidents in the history of our country, and he's coming into office at one of the most difficult times in our history. I would say only George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FD Roosevelt, Harry Truman and Richard Nixon had more on their plate because of ending war, pending war or war in progress.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

National Review: Publisher ‘Broken Hearted’ Over Subscription Cancellations

by BREITBART NEWS
    22 Jan 2016
    5,696 comments

Last night, National Review published articles from twenty conservative intellectuals “Against Trump.” This afternoon, publisher Jack Fowler sent this letter to friends of the magazine:

Dear Friend,

Today is a big day for National Review. Our editors have made a very forceful defense of conservatism, of principle, and against the politics of attitude, in our editorial, Against Trump.

We have received angry calls, and cancel *my* subscription demands. One in particular broke my heart. Well, let’s hope time heals.

None of this was unexpected.

But: We have also received very strong expressions of support from many NR friends. People who believe ** and they are right to believe this ** that the main reason National Review exists is to do the very thing it is doing today.

Defending conservative principle. Defending it from being marginalized, or recast as emotion and bluster instead of as an expression of reason and intelligence.

On behalf of Rich Lowry and my colleagues, thank you for standing with us. Or, better, thanks for letting us stand alongside you as we embrace the Buckley mission: To stand athwart history, yelling stop.

Best,

Jack Fowler

Publisher

National Review

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...against-trump/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Every Trump Supporter with a subscription should definitely give them a CC, "Call and Cancel".

I Love Americans!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12