Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Native American speaks on Illegal immigration

http://www.badeagle.com/html/burn_flag.html

This piece is by a most interesting man, sent to me by Terry Anderson
    The Terry Anderson Show
    "Articulating The Popular Rage"
    Sundays at 9 P.M. on
    AM 870 KRLA (Los Angeles)
    www.TheTerryAndersonShow.com

Dr. David A. Yeagley, an American Indian and direct decendant of the
    Comanche warrior Bald Eagle says it best:

"America today is making the same mistake we Indians made nearly four
    (4) centuries ago. America is letting in too many foreigners. And we
    Indians could end up losing this country all over again. It may come as
    a suprise to many White people who have been brainwashed by the media to
    see Indians as the ultimate liberals, but there are few groups in
    America today who take a dimmer veiw of mass immigration than the
    American Indian.

The Comanches were one of the most intolerant of all Indian peoples. We
    had no use for anyone else, White, Mexican or Indian. When we came
    thundering down on the Southwest plains, we took the land we wanted and
    ran everyone else off. We created the life we wanted, at the expense of
    other people. The White man did the same. Only he did it on a grander
    scale.

In many ways, Indians see the White man as kind of an adopted brother --
    naive, wreckless and destructive, at times -- but nevertheless cut from
    the same warrior cloth as we were. We do not see Blacks, Mexicans,
    Asians, Arabs and others in this light. These people may have thier own
    virtues and traditions, but they have no history with us. They are
    strangers. If they want to rule us, they must conquer us the way the
    White man did -- on the battlefield, by force of arms. That is the only
    honorable way for a warrior.

The White man seems to have lost his spirit. We see that he is giving
    this country away to [illegal aliens] others, and this fills our hearts
    with fear. For we are part of the land he is giving away... The White
    man must regain his warrior soul and take back his land! In that fight,
    I will stand by his side and offer whatever strength I have to ensure
    his Victory!"

Dr. Yeagley's blog and another essay:

Don't Burn My Flag

by David A. Yeagley
    Originally published at FrontPageMagazine.com | March 23, 2001

"[blank] YOU, this is still Mexico," says a popular LED-illuminated sign appearing in car windows on California highways.

The sign refers to the fact that much of the American Southwest belonged to Mexico until the U.S. siezed it in 1846.

Now some Mexicans want the land back. As a Comanche Indian, I have a problem with that.

We Comanches pushed the Spaniards out of Texas and eastern New Mexico over 200 years ago. Neither Spaniards nor Mexicans ever managed to return.

Comanches used to ride across the Rio Grande every fall to attack Mexican villages, killing, scalping, plundering and carrying off captives and livestock.

"Upwards of ten thousand head of horses and mules have already been carried off," wrote one English eyewitness. "…everywhere the people have been killed or captured… ranchos barricaded, and the inhabitants afraid to venture out of their doors."

The truth is, Mexicans were helpless against us. So where did they get this idea that they used to own our land?

One of their arguments is that the American Southwest is really "Aztlan," the original Aztec homeland. They say that some distant ancestors of the Aztecs wandered through here in prehistoric times.

Well, even if that’s true, what does it prove?

According to the CIA World Factbook 2000, 30 percent of Mexicans are Indian, 60 percent mestizo (part Indian, part Spanish) 9 percent white and 1 percent other.

Of that 90 percent who are fully or partly Indian, some no doubt have Aztec ancestors. But how many? And which ones? Nobody knows. Spaniards and Indians have been intermarrying for almost 500 years in Mexico and the Aztecs were just one tribe out of many.

No matter. Aztec is in. On the website of the Nation of Aztlan, members of the so-called Revolutionary Council are listed with Aztec names such as Cuahtemoc and Moctezuma.

All this reminds of my trip to Mexico in 1993. I was one of thirty American Indian Ambassadors sent down under a Kellogg fellowship program for Indian leadership training.

It was a fascinating trip. But, to this day, I’m still wondering what the point of it was.

The group leaders – most of whom were white – kept telling us we had to build solidarity with Mexico’s "indigenous" people. But we couldn’t see the purpose. We were American Indians. What did we have to do with Mexico?

One day in Cuerna Vaca we listened to an elderly gent with few teeth, who was introduced as a shaman, but resembled a homeless man from New York’s lower East Side.

While he extolled unity of all indigenous peoples everywhere, the black bark incense he kept burning drove me out of the room coughing and choking.

In Mexico City, we saw a troupe of "Aztec" dancers. I’m afraid we didn’t connect with them either. Actually, we felt kind of sorry for them. No one was watching their dance, and, to be honest, it wasn’t that great. A lot of slow-motion arm waving, and not much legwork or rhythm. They’d never cut it at a Comanche pow-wow.

Someone told me this troupe had learned these "authentic" Aztec dances from American Indians somewhere up in Texas. Hmmm.

Don’t get me wrong. I like Mexican people just fine. But I sure don’t like Mexicans calling my land "Aztlan" and saying it belongs to them.

Another thing I don’t like is people burning the American flag, as a mob of violent Mexican demonstrators did Last Fourth of July outside a veterans’ cemetery in Los Angeles.

"Mexicans have every right to be here," said Augustine Cebeda of the militant Brown Berets de Aztlan. "This land was stolen from us."

Well, I guess the Mexicans can try to take it back if they want. But we Comanches remember how they fared the last time around. It wasn’t anything to brag about.

If push comes to shove, I’ll be standing with the Anglos this time. One thing whites and Indians have in common: We respect the American flag.

Go to any pow-wow, and watch how those Indians honor the flag. At the annual Red Earth festival here in Oklahoma City, the vets step in first, in uniform, carrying Old Glory proudly, its pole surmounted by the head of a real bald eagle.

It’s enough to send chills down your spine.

Those Mexican radicals can call themselves "Aztecs" if they want. But they’re not going to connect with me by burning bark incense.

And they’re sure not going to connect with me by burning my flag.

http://www.badeagle.com/html/burn_flag.html
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

As a Cherokee, I said the same thing. But the Comanche said it better.
    Well done.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Aunt B

What an inspiring article.

If push comes to shove, I’ll be standing with the Anglos this time. One thing whites and Indians have in common: We respect the American flag.
    I am glad he is standing with us.

The White man seems to have lost his spirit. We see that he is giving
    this country away to [illegal aliens] others, and this fills our hearts
    with fear. For we are part of the land he is giving away... The White
    man must regain his warrior soul and take back his land! In that fight,
    I will stand by his side and offer whatever strength I have to ensure
    his Victory!"
    Words of wisdom.

I think we are being paralyzed by fright also, and afraid to act.

"'Fâ€â€
    When we gonna wake up?

[quote]"'Fâ€â€
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Darlene said: I think we are being paralyzed by fright also, and afraid to act.

I believe you're right. I get emails all the time from people who want to speak out, but can't stomach the name game. Who, with any humanity in them at all, wouldn't cringe at the names we've been called.

Well, that bit of good Native American stock still runs through my veins. I was lucky and was taught to love this land as they did.

This Indian says,
    Not THIS time. All of us born here are brothers now. Along with those good friends who have come to join us as citizen brothers. I was so happy to hear this man's words last night on the radio. As someone said earlier up the thread, the comanche said it better than this Cherokee. I thank Terry Anderson for being kind enough to email it to me.

If Mexico and their enablers can't deal with the fact that this madness must stop...OH WELL.

AuntB said
    I believe you're right. I get emails all the time from people who want to speak out, but can't stomach the name game. Who, with any humanity in them at all, wouldn't cringe at the names we've been called.
    We are past the point where it should be an issue. They KNOW that game well. We MUST speak out. They are stealing our lunch and we are letting them. It has to stop. Stand your ground. Our resources should be for AMERICANS. The line is drawn in the sand. I don't care what name they call me. You shouldn't care either. Like the old cowboy movies, you are either for us or agin us.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Dataman: "You shouldn't care either. Like the old cowboy movies, you are either for us or agin us."

I was talking about other people. What they said. Most people won't walk their talk.
    Do you think I'd be here if I was worried about what someone assumes?
    I've been fighting these people my entire life. Not because I chose to, but because someone has to. I still cringe when I'm lied about or called a racist. It's repulsive. That's all.

[quote="Scarecrow"]"'Fâ€â€

Who cares about being called a racist? That's like a black person being called an Uncle Tom. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

At least they're original.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast