Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NATO base pelted over Koran threat

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 5917634047

THOUSANDS of rock-pelting Afghans have assaulted a NATO military outpost as fury builds across the Muslim world against a US pastor's threats to burn the Koran on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

In a turbulent start to the festival of Eid al-Fitr, when Muslims worldwide mark the end of the Ramadan fasting month, thousands of protesters have thrown rocks at a small NATO-run base in the remote town of Fayzabad, capital of Badakhshan province in northeast Afghanistan, after traditional prayers.

"They numbered in their thousands, it is a big crowd," provincial deputy police chief Sayed Hassan Jafary said.

"People almost from all city mosques gathered," he said, adding that the crowd chanted "death to America" and threw rocks at the German-run military base in the city.

The crowd demanded authorities give them an American flag "so they can burn it and end the demonstrations", Mr Jafary said. "But we don't have an American flag."

Leaders of countries including Afghanistan and Indonesia have issued dire warnings against the provocative act.

Radical Florida evangelist Terry Jones has issued a heavily conditioned offer to call off his event, which he had planned for Saturday's ninth anniversary of the September 11 attacks in protest at the "evil of Islam".

"We have heard that in the US, a pastor has decided to insult Korans. Now although we have heard that they are not doing this, we tell them they should not even think of it," Afghan President Hamid Karzai said.

"By burning the Koran they cannot harm it. The Koran is in the hearts and minds of one-and-a-half billion people. (But) insulting the Koran is an insult to nations."

The commander of US-led forces in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, the UN mission in Afghanistan and leading aid organisations have all said the burning will endanger the lives of Afghans and foreigners if it goes ahead.

Unrest

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono lashed out against Mr Jones and his tiny evangelical denomination, located in Gainesville, Florida, a day after calling on US President Barack Obama to intervene.

"This threatens peace and international security. This is something that endangers harmony among religious people," Mr Yudhoyono said in a nationally televised address marking the end of Ramadan.

"I'm of course aware of the reported cancellation of the deplorable act by Terry Jones. However, none of us can be complacent until such a despicable idea is totally extinguished."

The governments of Pakistan and India, which after Indonesia have the world's biggest Muslim populations, have also spoken out.

Najib Razak, prime minister of Muslim-majority Malaysia, warned the fraught relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim worlds would enter "a very dangerous chapter" if the burning goes ahead.

"I hope the pastor will have a change of heart because by that single act of abhorrence ... it will ignite the feelings of Muslims throughout the world, the consequences of which I fear would be very, very costly," he said.

But

They have been burning the flag of the U S and effigys of our Presidents for decades. What goes around comes around...

Ican remember using the pages of that book to start my Grill.
    BEST damn Pork Loins ever!!!!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

The crowd demanded authorities give them an American flag "so they can burn it and end the demonstrations", Mr Jafary said. "But we don't have an American flag."
    It makes me question the American capitol invested in this country.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

According to the news as of last night,it is in work for the Trump Corp to take over that building now. The Iman said thay may change their minds and move the Temple somewhere else.

The pastor said he is cancelling the book burning. And he is also flying to New York to talk to this Iman about the arrangements.

If nothing else this one man may have contributed more to clearing up this problem then anyone else,including our governments

So let us see what transpires here this week.

And talking to my brother ,who lives in Brooklyn, said there is one that is even closer to the 9/11 sight and has been there for about 20 years. But there has been no fuss over that one at all.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

And talking to my brother ,who lives in Brooklyn, said there is one that is even closer to the 9/11 sight and has been there for about 20 years. But there has been no fuss over that one at all.
    The new one appears to be a monument to Islam, not just a mosque.

They turned Trump down cold even when he offered them 25% more than they said they would take.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

America is constantly being tested. We are expected to stand by and not judge all Muslims when radical muslims attack us. We are supposed to stand by and not judge any nationality when they burn our flags, invade our country and kill our people.

People almost from all city mosques gathered," he said, adding that the crowd chanted "death to America" and threw rocks at the German-run military base in the city.

Hmmm now that says it all doesn't it??? But wait these are a people of peace!!!!!

BTW

Lawyer: Iran woman could be stoned to death soon
    AP

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani AP – FILE - This undated file image made available by Amnesty International in London on Thursday, July 8, …

By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer Nasser Karimi, Associated Press Writer – Mon Sep 6, 5:30 pm ET

TEHRAN, Iran – The lawyer for an Iranian woman sentenced to be stoned on an adultery conviction said Monday that he and her children are worried the delayed execution could be carried out soon with the end of a moratorium on death sentences for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

the rest of the story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100906/ap_ ... an_stoning

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    It makes me question the American capitol invested in this country.

Somebody should give them the number of the Chinese factory that makes American flags.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    America is constantly being tested. We are expected to stand by and not judge all Muslims when radical muslims attack us. We are supposed to stand by and not judge any nationality when they burn our flags, invade our country and kill our people.

Yet we created Affirmative Action which always had as its goal the government funded practice of racism and bigotry against White Males, particularly those of western European descent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast