My Friend

Please forgive the generic nature of this reply, but I have been flooded with e-mails the past couple of days, all of them on this same subject.

I am ON YOUR SIDE. This whole business should be a no-brainer, but some folks just don't get it. Why is there even a question? If children of Aliens Illegally Residing (AIR's) apply to community colleges, then the first thing that should happen is that a call must be made to I.C.E., notifying them of the AIR's, and their address. These AIR's then need to be on the next bus out. This is called "enforcing the law". There is one exception, however. According to the Constitution of the United States, if the child is born in the United States, regardless of the status of the parents, this child is a U.S. citizen and is entitled to the privileges and benefits of a citizen. The parents are not. This "anchor baby" business is something else that needs to be dealt with. If AIR's have a child in this country, the child may stay, either in foster care or with a sponsor, but the parents MUST return to their homeland. That is my position. Secure our borders, enforce the law, and then think about revamping the immigration system.

At this point, I have very little influence in the State Capitol, except as an ordinary citizen. However, as a candidate for the United States Senate, should I win the Democratic primary, they will be forced to listen to me. I do need your help.

Just a few days ago Governor Mike Easley attended a fundraiser for my primary opponent, Kay Hagan. It isn't hard to figure out where her thoughts are going on this issue. She is the choice of Senator Chuck Schumer and the Democratic Senatorial Committee. We can't let the Senate dictate who will be its next member. The time to act is now. E-mail everyone you know. Let them know that there is at least ONE Democrat who is in your side. I hate to beg, but I also need money to fight this battle. Even a five dollar contribution from enough people, will go a long way to securing the future of our nation.

If you have any questions or comments please contact me again.

Sincerely
John Ross Hendrix
johnrhendrix@yahoo.com
http://www.hendrixcampaign.com
Hendrix for Senate Campaign
P.O. Box 3054
Cary, NC 27519-3054