Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC Congressman Walter B. Jones--Republican

I live in Walter Jones' district and have been writing him about immigration issues. Below you will see his positive response about illegal immigration that he sent to me via snail mail. His position is on target, I'd say.

May 23, 2006
    Dear Steven,
    Thank you for contacting me regarding illegal aliens in our coutnry. I understand your concerns and appreciate the opportunity to respond.
    Currenly there are 10-12 million illegal immigrants living in our country. I stongly feel that we must enforce our current immigration laws rather than discussing the mere possibility of amnesty. Not only do we need to increase immigration law enforcement at the borders, but we must also focus on the interior by implementing stringent consequences for individuclas who disregard our immigration laws. THis apporach would reduce the migration of illegal aliens, raise wages for Americans, imporve American working conditions, reduce the number of crimes committed by illegal aliens, and redue the overall illegal immigrant population.
    Since 1986, Congress has passed seven amnesties for illegal aliens. Clearly this is a short-term "fix" to a long-term problem. Rewarding people who violate our immigratin laws sends the wrong message and encourages more illegal aliens to unlawfully enter the Unted States. It is unfair to reward people who break our nations's immigration laws with legal status, while many potential immigrants outside the United States are waiting to be admitted in our country lawfully.
    I am also disturbed by the burden that would be imposed taxpayers as a reuslt of legalization. Americans will have to pay increased taxes as a consequence of the burden amnesty would place on our school systems, welfare, Social Security, health care system, and other programs.
    I appreciate you contacting me on this important issue. I am fully aware of the need to devote more energy and resources to control and eliminate the flow of illegal immigrants to this country. Rest assured I will continue to work for meaningful reforms within our immigration system. Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,
    Walter B. Jones
    Member of Congress

Jones

ALIPACeditor

Good for him!

Do you know his stance on English and anchor babies? From any previous correspondence?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Babies and the rest

NO. But I am sure it is good too. I'll find out.
    :P

Thanks
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

His letter sounds good, but how did he vote on House Bill 4437? It's actions, not just words, that earn my support and vote.

High Five Walter Jones !!!!

This is an election year. You vote for America or you're out of here.