Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NE New Immigration Strategy-Copy Utah Law

New immigration strategy

Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:00 pm | Updated: 10:49 am, Wed Mar 16, 2011.

New immigration strategy Ed Howard, Capitol News Kearney Hub | 0 comments

Goodbye Arizona. Hello Utah! The controversial bill that would have had Nebraska adopt an Arizona-type law to crack down on illegal immigrants has been shelved by the Judiciary Committee. That’s that, at least for 2011.

The committee is instead looking at a law passed by the Utah Legislature. It would ask the feds for permission to issue work permits to illegal aliens. To qualify, those in the country illegally would have to survive a background check, pay a fee and show proof that they have health insurance.

The view from here: Are you serious? How many people who are in the country illegally have health insurance? For that matter, how many American citizens don’t have private health insurance?

In the face of the continuing controversy over illegal immigration, the Judiciary Committee decided that what’s needed is a study.

- Losing state aid: The Legislature has enacted Gov. Dave Heineman’s plan to eliminate $44 million in state aid to cities, counties and Natural Resource Districts over the next two fiscal years.

Locals begged lawmakers and Heineman not to do it. The aid was initially established to compensate locals for some of the tax revenue they lost when the state gave away much of their tax base via tax breaks to business.

- Abortion gets spotlight: Nebraska’s latest abortion law drew national attention recently. The story had to do with a married woman in Grand Island who doctors virtually guaranteed would give birth to an infant who couldn’t possibly survive. She was 22 weeks pregnant.

Nebraska is the only state which bars abortion after 20 weeks, based on the disputed conclusion that a fetus can feel pain after that stage in its development.

- Schools in quandary: Heineman says schools should be able to deal with whatever problems they face due to receiving fewer state and federal dollars.

Headlines indicate many are dealing with it by reducing the number of teachers and staff.

Districts benefited the last few years from enormous sums of money sent to the states through the federal stimulus program. The states knew those federal dollars would only last for a specific period. Some, like Nebraska, used the money to balance state budgets by passing some of the federal dollars on to school districts — thus reducing the amount of actual state dollars spent for that purpose.

Ed Howard is the statehouse correspondent for the Nebraska Press Association.

http://kearneyhub.com/news/opinion/arti ... 002e0.html

Banned
    We need to get the point accross that the USA does not need illegal workers. Why give them any form of support or job oportunity? We need to be working on deportation, not half assed laws that give jobs to illegals that LEGAL AMERICANS can do. We need to stop that movement. It is mainly being generated by the Democrates and they need to be brought to a halt. Vote em out, flood them with calls, get in their faces at press confrences, challenge them in the papers. We need to let all politicians that we are sick and tired of illegals, tired of educatiing them, tired of giving them a life at our cost.

The committee is instead looking at a law passed by the Utah Legislature. It would ask the feds for permission to issue work permits to illegal aliens. To qualify, those in the country illegally would have to survive a background check, pay a fee and show proof that they have health insurance.
    The federal government is not above the law! I don't see how they can authorize this. To me it seem like it would take an act of congress to enable illegals to actually become legal. I've heard of no such vote taking place in the U.S. Congress!

Strange events occurring.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

I am starting to wonder how much of the stimulus money has been slipped under the table and stimulated some of these state lawmakers?

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I am starting to wonder how much of the stimulus money has been slipped under the table and stimulated some of these state lawmakers?
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

I have been wondering this for quite sometime now. With all of the unprecedented stimulus' and money printing going on I have wondered how much would or could be used for "community organizing" activities.