Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change
    Sent emails today Tiny.

Thanks working4change. I'm going to hit 'em again today, too. I got the word last night that there is a lot of buzz going on down in Boise, so it must be working.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Lets ALL GIVE THIS A BIG PUSH PATRIOTS!!!!

And I happen to know that these Senators read their emails on week-ends, so don't be afraid to bug 'em tomorrow, too.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Idaho still needs your help! Please email and phone the Senate State Affairs Committee! Tell them to urge Chairman Curt McKenzie to let Senator Jorgenson's Bill S1155 be heard!

April
    RED ALERT FROM WILLIAM!!! PLEASE JOIN IN!!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-869896.html#869896

WOW going to be a busy day!! we have lots of Alerts everyone , please make your calls and send your e-mails. your state may be next.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for writing me regarding the e-verify bill.

I agree that illegal immigration is a huge problem for our nation and our state. Since I have held public office, I have supported policies to limit illegal immigration. I voted for SJM111 in 2005, requesting the federal government to review and improve its immigration policies and controls. In 2007, I voted for SB 1172, making English our official state language. I have opposed amnesty programs that reward people for coming here illegally.

I am not "playing games" with this bill or with this important issue. As chairman of the Senate State Affairs Committee, I scheduled SB1155 bill for a print hearing, and I voted to print the bill. I did not schedule a subsequent hearing on SB1155 due to opposition by agriculture and business organizations. I have not been personally lobbied on this issue by those organizations but I know that entire segments of our economy opposed the bill as currently written. I don't know if e-verify is the best solution or the only solution, but I do know that others are working on anti-illegal employment bills that do not rely on the federal e-verify system. I have asked those with concerns over the bill to offer their input to the sponsor of the bill, Senator Mike Jorgenson. I informed Senator Jorgenson that I will schedule this bill at the very beginning of the next session. My preference would be to achieve consensus with legitimate businesses that make a good faith effort to hire legal employees. However, if that is not possible, the issue will be back and I will schedule the bill on my agenda. I am confident that we will pass a good bill with teeth.

I appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Senator Curt McKenzie

Don't like his answer much, guess I will have to reply
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Okay, everybody, it looks like McKenzie has decided to let the business community run this state instead of the people. Let's whack McKenzie as hard as we can. If we can get him to at least let this bill be heard, we may stand a chance.

Chairman:
    Senator Curt McKenzie
    Phone: 208-367-9400
    Fax: 208-947-0014
    email: cmckenzi@senate.idaho.gov

Please help with this before the Idaho session time runs out!

April

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast