Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NEVER ENDING IMMIGRATION PROBLEM.

We are constantly hearing businesses and farmers calling for more workers. More foreign workers. There was a time when we had 1,2,3 million foreign workers and still more is needed now that we have 6 million workers.

With 20 million illegal aliens here and 3 million more coming in each year, businesses and farmers are still asking for more. That is because businesses (and farmers) need to hire more workers to produce more goods and services to meet the needs of the addition people that are coming into this country. This only benefits greedy corporations who will make more money. This is the never ending situation.

The problem with this is the problem with the increasing population that puts a strain and drain on law enforcement, jails and prisons, court and legal system, schools, housing, medical facilities, social services, natural resources like power and water, environmentally like disposing of garbage, cities extending into wild life territory and the list goes on and on. This increase in population is normally below or at the poverty level and it’s workers only benefit corporations and a growing cost to the tax payer. This never ending situation is increasing poverty.

Immigration into this country must be controlled no matter how much corporations complain. If all immigration stopped completely, our economy would level off.

Another guest workers program is not needed. Why not use some of the 6 million illegal workers that are already here. Our farmland is decreasing because of the population growth and it put a strain on farmers even to produce more.

Farmers are producing more and need more workers in order to meet the demand for goods of the increase in population of immigrants into this country. Citizens of this country is not buying more houses, eating more, etc. So much so that we need more immigrants workers to meet our demands.

(This morning on C-span were Rep. Russell Pearce with the new enforcement law and Jason LeVecke of Arizona Employers for immigration Reform asking for more immigrant workers) Jason LeVecke was asking for more workers.

Google; Jason LeVecke
    A never ending immigration problem because of greedy corporations.

Greedy corporations and representatives that get their money from these greedy corps and turn their back on Americans. There is no decency in our government.
    Traitors should be shot.
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

I watched this on c-span this morning it was a very good show and Rep. Pearce was great. He keep try to tell everyone we do not need more workers if we sent the illegals back the economy would level off!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad someone was able to put into words my thoughts about Big Businesses needs VS Citizens needs.

If this trend continues the USA is headed toward over poplulation.It will be tough to stop Big Business since they practically run our country.

Makes me sad and frustrated at our congress who seem to have narrow vision focused on what whinning businesses want and NOT what is best for the country in a long term view..........
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

During the show a woman called in and told the story of how she, a citizen, had married an illegal alien and had 4 children. He was deported and can no longer provide for the children so she depends of the state for help. I do not feel, under any circumstances, should illegal aliens should be allowed to stay. They put themselves is this situation and they should deal with it. He could have taken the family with him or she could do what I and many other single mother have done. I worked, sometimes 2 job, and raised 3 children and they all worked through college and at the same time I went to school. I made the choice and I lived with it. That was when jobs were available, too.

Another thing that Rep. Pearce discussed was; enforce work place laws and they will come out of the shadows and leave. If there is no work for them they will have to leave.

I belive Mr. LeVecke has 54 franchise restaurants in Arizona.

Jobs in Jeopardy
    August 10, 2007

Are you willing to lose your job so an illegal worker can be deported to Mexico?

Think about it.

Under Arizona's employer-sanctions law, a business can be shut down for 10 days for hiring one undocumented worker.

Let's say that business has 100 employees.

The undocumented worker gets deported.

Ninety-nine other workers lose 10 days' pay.

If another undocumented worker is found on the payroll within three years, the employer's business license is permanently revoked.

Another undocumented worker gets deported.

Ninety-eight people are out of work.

You could be one of them.

In the bumper-sticker world of simplistic solutions, some might say, "Tough luck." After all, we have to do something about illegal immigration, don't we?

In the real world, this law is entirely unreasonable.
    It requires businesses to verify the work status of new employees through a federal program called Basic Pilot, which cannot detect identity fraud and is considered unreliable even by some who use it. Meatpacker Swift & Co. was using Basic Pilot when federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested more than 1,200 workers at plants in six states last December.

Supporters of Arizona's law say using Basic Pilot provides a defense against the sanctions in the state law. Businesspeople disagree. They say the language of the law imposes the business death penalty on the second offense. Period.

You can say it serves them right. You can correctly point out that, if there were no jobs for illegal immigrants, few would enter our country illegally.
    You are right. We need a solution to the problem of illegal immigration.

This is not the solution.

This is another problem.

And you, average Arizona resident, already are suffering consequences for a law that doesn't even go into effect until Jan. 1.

Consider: In the next 15 years, 100,000 employees will be hired at the fast-food restaurants Jason LeVecke owns in Arizona. Anybody can make two mistakes in 100,000.

Under Arizona's law, those mistakes could cost LeVecke his license to operate all 56 of his Carl's Jr. restaurants and put about 1,250 people out of work.

LeVecke paid for development rights to open 45 more stores in Arizona. Because of the employer-sanctions law, he has redirected his business development to Texas.

"It's just too risky," the Tempe native says. "I can't afford to keep all my eggs in Arizona anymore."

Consider: Nan Walden is vice president and counsel of Farmers Investment Co., the largest grower and processor of pecans in the nation. For 60 years, it has operated out of the Green Valley/Sahuarita area. Walden says she has a stable, legal workforce. But what if she makes one mistake?

"I have millions of dollars of inventory in cold storage," she says. "If they shut us down for 10 days, we'd be out of business."
    She says businesses shouldn't be subject to state sanctions if they follow federal rules. Under this law, they are.

"The damage this will do to Arizona's economy over the next few years will be hard to fix," she says.

Consider: Sundt Construction pays $18 to $20 an hour plus benefits for skilled crafts workers, says J. Doug Pruitt, chairman and CEO. Yet the company has turned down a "considerable amount of work" in Arizona in the past two years because of labor shortages.

"We can advertise till hell freezes over, and there is not a supply of skilled workers," he says.

Pruitt's company already uses the Basic Pilot program because he has no desire to hire illegal workers. But he says the program has a high error rate.

The two-strikes provision of the employer-sanctions law "is like the death penalty for running a stop sign," he says.

Consider: Joe Sigg, director of government relations at the Arizona Farm Bureau, says dairies pay $10 to $12 an hour and can't find enough workers. Seasonal crop pickers make $17 to $18 an hour, but farmers can't find workers.

Sigg says people with legitimate work papers have been increasingly reluctant to come across the border to work near Yuma because of the increasingly hostile attitude toward migrant workers in Arizona. The new law makes it even more likely that migrant workers, legal ones and undocumented ones, will go to other states.

That matters. Banks consider the availability of labor when they make loans to farmers. If farmers face labor shortages, they plant less, Sigg says.

If agriculture can't find labor, "agriculture will move" out of state or out of the country, he says.

A lot of other jobs will disappear, too, because workers don't just work. Workers buy groceries, clothing, televisions, furniture and cars. Workers rent apartments. They go out to eat and see movies. Workers, even undocumented ones, keep the economy going.

Consider: Under the employer-sanctions law, prosecutors have to check out complaints from anyone - even a disgruntled employee or competitor. The potential disruption from what Sigg calls "drive-by, anonymous complaints" creates a perilous environment for business. Entrepreneurs notwithstanding, business thrives on certainty and stability.

Arizona's employer-sanctions law is a problem. So is an even harsher initiative that is being shopped around the state.

A solution to illegal immigration has to come from Congress, and it has to recognize that the undocumented immigrants currently in this country are an integral part of the economy. Arizona's employer-sanctions law is a cheap trick with the depth of a bumper sticker and the precision of a land mine. Unless it is struck down in court, it will hurt the state's growth and economy.

That will cost jobs. One of them could be yours.

http://www.jobbankusa.com/News/Jobs/job ... rdy_1.html

dyehard,

That "Jobs in Jeopardy" article is a spurious a piece of argumentation as I have seen recently. A legitimate business doing it hiring according to the law, need have no fear, which leads one to wonder, why certain fat cats in the usual suspect industries are feeling so paranoid,these days. Could it be that Mr. LeVecke has been hiring illegals, or perhaps just not asking for documentation? How about the construction magnate? A few illegals on his payroll too?

The point is not whether the Basic Pilot program is perfect (nothing is), but to claim that an employer who uses it properly is liable under this law for those failures is a smokescreen, a smokescreen to destroy the law, and continue with business as usual. Why to hear these business people tell it, the sky is going to fall in Arizona, Americans are going to be out of work, and the economy is going to collapse, all because the state ins ensuring that the new federal enforcement of our immigration laws will have some back-up teeth!

The truth is, of course, that no one who has followed the law is going to be punished as a result of a legitimate "accident" in hiring an illegal worker, but those who ignore the law, or outright flout it, stand to lose, big time! That is not a bad thing, it is a good thing for Arizona and for America! I hope I may be excused that my heart does not bleed for those who have deliberately profiteered by using illegal labor. These people need to suck it up, and move along like the rest of us, who do things the right way.

I note that Mr. LeVecke is now focusing on Texas, another state where there is a plentiful supply of illegals for hire. Coincidence?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

If the hiring of even a few illegal workers could cause a great number of other employees to be temporarily out of work it should help coalesce a social pressure to thwart the hiring of illegals. And in these days of litigation a possible class action lawsuit should give employers some extra caution.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I did not hear Mr LeVecke say he would move out of the states. His restuarants would not even survive the move because if the people are as poor as he claim they could not afford his Carl JRs.

If I'm working at a job and the company looses it's license because they failed to obey the law. I will find another job with a company that hires only legal citizens. There would be opening since illegals would be fired there.
    This sounds like just a scare tactic. They're already telling people that their state won't be able to survive. Does that mean our country won't survive if we send all illegals out? No. It will take some adjusting, but we will work it out.
    This is just more "we need immigants to fill jobs Americans won't do" crap. The big companies are trying to scare the people. If they back down they will never know, and it will be back to where it was before. That isn't acceptable.
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast