Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Approach To Convince President Bush

Is it possible that we need a new approach to President Bush regarding convincing him that a guest worker program is not the best answer to the problem of illegal immigration in America ?

I was thinking about the Minuteman Project and about how successful they have been. I really believe that the postive results which we have seen from their work comes from their courageous and determined efforts. One of the things they said in the beginning was that they would always remain within the law, that they would uphold the highest standards possible regarding respecting the safety and well-being of everyone and they ensured US that they would not be joined by people with any other agenda other than securing our borders. They have done a great job and they've earned the respect of millions of people around our country.

Thinking about "them" made me think about "US". I was thinking that we all care very much about this issue, and we seem to work pretty hard, but somehow our message does not seem to get the actual results we would probably like to get. That led me to think about the manner in which we are delivering our message and it made me wonder if we are really staying focused and on track with the message.

I respect and really like everyone here. When you are mad, as Bootsie would say, "I feel your pain." When you are disappointed I am disappointed. When you are determined and motivated I want to help you and I usually say "Charge !!".

But I honestly believe that our approach needs to be reconsidered. We are running out of time and I think that we need to deliver our message in a better and more effective way.

We can put a collar on President Bush and yank and jerk it all over the world, but if that is working I think it is only working marginally. We cannot expect him to feel open to our suggestions when we treat him like a dog.

I truly think that that our voices are put on mute by the very people we want our message to reach because we often sound like people who are merely trying to exert our right to freedom of speech than people who are trying to convince those who have the power and authority to help us to reach our goal.

I AM AS GUILTY as anyone. I used to have a frolic of a time being as sarcastic as I could towards President Bush, calling him "Jorge" was as fun as roller coaster ride for me.

I cannot help but to wonder if we would get farther by for example having William write (with our help) some respectful letters to President Bush with all of our names on them. The letters could have pertinent facts and we could send copies of them to our senators and congressmen everytime thereby reaching many with strong, clear message delivered in a more positive way. We could send a few each week, plus our calls.

We can spend time writing to authors of stupid articles with propoganda, but THEY are not going to make these decisions which are quickly approaching. I think that time is running short. More people can join if they want but basically we have who we have. The day after the decision is made about a guest worker program....recruiting efforts are going to be less important....at least for the moment.

Thank you for letting share my thoughts with you. I hope that everyone has a good day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen-- I know exactly where you are coming from. I do not know the answer. This is how I look at it. Many of US are Republicans who have been more than nice to the man our entire lives. We have supported him with votes, encouragement, rallies, blind rah-rah we love you George mindsets, his Daddy before him, and with money. We have defended their every move, every decision, every turn, every flump, every flop since they entered politics.

And this is where it got US.

We are branded vigilantis, racists, and dissidents over the issue of illegal immigration.

Perhaps if we are nicer to him, he'll change. But we were nice to him all along before, so I don't know the answer.

He's a clever boy in that whatever law we pass on border security, he has said he will ignore unless he gets what he wants which is the legalization of what I believe are 50,000,000 illegal aliens in the US including their off-spring.

He's a sneaky boy too in that whatever law we pass on immigration, he has "mooted" with 37 Free Trade Agreements that make all migration legal from those trading partners into the United States and any disputes will be decided by the World Trade Organization under International Law, not American Citizens under American Law.

I just learned that in July, several captured terrorists escaped from a US Military Prison in Afghanistan and that 13 others involved in the USS Cole who were tried and convicted in Yemen, for some reason, instead of the United States have also escaped. We are spending $1 Billion a day on terrorism and then when we catch a handful, we can't hang on to them and they are free now roaming the Globe while our borders are wide open.

I understand the conflict of wanting to support our President. It is the American Way for the vast majority of Americans, including myself. I supported Nixon to this day. I can remember being in my sorority house arguing his defense with my fellow sorority sisters, and I was the only one.

I can remember supporting the war in Viet Nam as a child when Kennedy committed advisors, and then as a junior high school student with Johnson escalating that "conflict" and saying good bye to cousins and friends who went to save a little nation they couldn't even find on the map and through high school during Nixon's first term and then early college during Nixon's second term until he ended it. Thank God all my cousins and friends came home, but not without having paid a price with minds filled with so much horror, they were never quite the same happy go lucky people they were when they left to go fight for their country by trying to save another in the name of "freedom".

I remember supporting our Presidents in all that they did because I believed with all my heart, Republican or Democrat, that they had our best interest at heart and knew more than I did.

Now I know that isn't always true. These people are just people, just like you and I. Their opinions are no more valuable than ours and in many cases their knowledge is inferior, their logic distorted, their motives charred with corruption and yes, even at times, evil and dementia.

I do not know the answer.

The only thing I do know today is that the only opinions I will ever trust again are my own and those of my fellow citizens.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bush started the name calling, when he branded the Minutemen as vigilantes. I get furious at times, just thinking about how the President, sworn to uphold the Constitution, can just ignore our laws when it suits him. How he seems to care more for the special interests, than the average citizen. Respect is earned, not granted. I want to be able to respect the President, but he hasn't even tried to earn it.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Hi American Sister,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, you seem to understand very well how I feel. I am just not sure that HOW we say some things is in the best interest of our country. WHAT we say is basically the truth. It's HOW we send the message that I'm becoming more and more unsure about.

I believe there are many people around the world who are very pleased with how we are delivering this and other messages. I think a lot of those people are not people who we want to please.

Your Quote:
    Perhaps if we are nicer to him, he'll change. But we were nice to him all along before, so I don't know the answer

Quite honestly I don't think there is too much room left for him to be anything but the way he is. He is blamed for EVERYTHING including the weather. If you ask me he has done everything in his power other than hand over the office of the presidency to the left to try to work with them. It is really because of the way the Democrats use every possible thing to undermine him that it ends up that WE hardly have any room to fight an issue without making our country look as though it is falling apart at the seams. I wish they would shut up and let US, the people have some room.

I guess all we can do is our best. Right now I am trying to do my best. I just want to tell the democrats to "Shut up and give me a turn!!" "Stop using up all the arguing space" !!

Bye, Sis.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And that I understand, American Sister. The Democrats are not helping because they have traditionally been open borders and pro-illegal as part of their platform. So, it's an odd twist of fate for is to have both parties chasing the same objective even though their objective conflicts with the laws and will of the American People!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dxd
    At this point, it is very clear that President Bush is set in his position. He supports the illegal alien invaders over the law abdidng U.S.citizens. He supports the invasion of America by illegal aliens. He supports the destruction of the rule of law in America.

The first 1-3 years in office, the distractors among us said "give him time". Then before the 2004 election it was, don't talk about illegal immigration before an election. And now it is that he is a lame duck. Always a creative excuse to distract us away from the problem instead of using your creativity to solve the problem.

President Bush is a disgrace. Not just as President but as a man. He shouldn't even be wearing mens clothing. A man does not allow his nation to be invaded by illegal aliens and then take the side of the illegal alien invaders over the citizens he is sworn to protect.

I have said that on the radio from NYC to Los Angeles and several points in between. I was recently quoted in the newspaper as saying that and I will continue as long as President Bush is in office.

I'll have to go with dxd on this one, Legal. Bush is able to put across a persona that can make a Patriotic person (and the sentiment speaks well of you) feel like this is a guy trying his best, tho he may be making mistakes...

My Pastor supported him in the last election and therefore many of our congregation did as well. (not me!) He is good on the abortion issue, he is a prayerful, G-d fearing man(or so we thought), He took a strong stance immediately against the terrorist, he was a supporter of Israel. It all looked so....JOHN WAYNE!

But that has proven to be a manufactured facade. Not only was he caught with BAD intelligence, (ok, we could forgive him that, maybe it was a mistake in the heat of the aftermath of 9/11), but he tried his best to create TAX CUTS for his friends, His cronyism knew no bounds, but we Stared into the face of that if Katrina had not happened. What Katrina blew away, was Bush's FACADE. It took him 5 days to make it to the scene! And Katrina happened only a week after Bush's Rice twisted the arm of Sharon to turn out the Israeli settlers, forsaking Israel in a so-called PEACE effort to give land to terrorists whose sworn mission is to push Israel into the sea. What we saw when the facade was blown away was a Homeland security department shamefullyunprepared to deal with crises. How many billions of dollars did they spend learning how to take away nailfiles and strip search Americans!

That this man was able to retain his office after the katrina fiasco only speaks to the degree of government corruption we are really dealing with.

After Katrina he tried to solve everything the only way a spoiled rich boy knows - throw money at it! Trouble with that is the money went straight to his Halliburton cronys. Now he says there will be no more money to help the poor of New Orleans rebuild their homes.

And I don't need to go into his illegal alien fiasco, as it was coverd adequately above.

The man HAS no integrity. He thumbs his nose at our laws and would reward big business for doing the same. He parrots their vile LIES, denouncing Americans in favor of Aliens.

He deserves every name he gets called AND more.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

USA! USA! USA!

Impeach the Wackident.

He really must go.

By the way, on a lighter note, I heard a new one which I like alot. Unfortunately, it is not mine, but from the wit of another:

CHIMPEROR!

Judy,

Maybe this will make you and your friends who sacrificed for the Republic of Vietnam feel better:

http://www.april30.org/en_main.php

Tim, I just went to your link. What a contrast, huh? Immigrants who took the oppurtunities given them and gave something back to the country. Thank you for showing us that, Tim. Did my heart good to see it!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast