Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Catholic Center to service El Salvador Immigrants

Watching the local DC TV News, and along comes a story talking about the Catholic organization wanting to build a new Center aimed at providing services to El Salvadorian immigrants. At first, I thought it was one of those things they wanted to help make things right, assist in getting paperwork, legal, financial, etc...

WRONG!!!

As the story progressed, they started talking about a "Boys & Girls Club" current occupying the space intended for the Catholic Center. The point being made that at any one time, they had between 150-200 youths (mostly teens...yes, U.S. Citizens) using this facility, staying off the streets. In fact, they had signed agreements with these teens to stay "Safe" and they get unlimited usage and other things from the club.

I have to ask myself, if the Catholic community really interested in helping or are they just looking for their "Shining star"? I am outraged that a religious organization like this would do something so subverted. After all, didn't they learn their mistakes from funnelling money to the Rebels in South America in the 70's & 80's for weapons? Or the recent sexual abuse rulings?

I am furious about this...if you would like to find the story (aired Tuesday night, not sure it is still there) you can go to www.nbc4.com, or the local ABC affiliate (not sure their web site) and get this story...

Post note: I wanted to make sure everyone understood, this is happening in the District of Columbia, South East region where some of the hardest neighborhoods exist in the area...

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    The Catholic church never seems to be playing with a full deck as far as I'm concerned. Yes in my opinion they are looking to get a big pat on the back for this proposed center.
    Because pretty much all of the people that are illegals coming here are Catholic, it serves the Catholic church's best interest, meaning monetary interest, to keep these people within their reach.
    It also in their minds will boost the population in the United States, of those claiming to be Catholic.
    Here's where I will stray from our forum and go a bit "religious" on you all. I will try to be tactful and not offend. Anyone ever read even a little about Charles Chiniquay? The book is titled "50 Years in the Church of Rome". I have been unable to read the full book, but have learned a bit about him and his ministry. For the Catholic church to be promoting services to illegal aliens, to people like us, is near traitorship, but to the Catholic church it is just looking out for the coffers of an already extremely rich church.
    It is not the illegals best interest they are looking out for, it is the church's and their future in this country.
    The more faithful Catholics in the U.S., the more they can outnumber conservative Christians (i.e., Evangelists, Baptists).
    It is political for them to open these centers for illegals, not out of the goodness of their hearts. I belong to an Independent Baptist church, and as much as we would not want to see people starve or suffer, we would not consider aiding illegals, as it is against the law, and the people that are illegal have already committed a crime by being here without permission of our government. We are required to obey the laws of our country.
    Compassion does not mean that you break your countries laws to show your compassion. The first thing the Catholic church shold be doing is telling these people to either get themselves legal and if they do not want to, then the church should offer to help with travel costs to go back to their own countries, but they don't thus they are encouraging them to come here and break the laws.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope none of this is meant the way it sounds.

While it is true that the majority of the hispanic illegals are Catholic and while it is true that perhaps the Catholic church should let people, even encourage people, to practice birth control if for no other reason than that nobody ought to have more kids than they are financially able to support, there are millions of Catholic people in this country who also realize the harm that comes from letting millions of illegal immigrants cross the border annually. Since, technically by baptism, I happen to be one of them, I'd really prefer we don't start slapping everyone around based on the sins of a few who happen to be more notorious.

It is my belief that ANY organization that claims to be a relief effort and singles out any race as the sole recipient of their benevolence should be shut down immediately and lose their tax exempt status.

I'm thinking that I might just go to such an organization and ask them for "assistance" then sue the crap out of them when they turn me down because I'm not hispanic, latino, south american, etc.

That is not to say that any private orgainzation who does NOT receive government funding can't help anybody they want to. But when the money comes out of the taxpayers' pockets, there has to be a line drawn and it is up to us to make sure it is never crossed.

Let's report this place to the IRS and see what they have to say.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For the record, I am also what I consider to be a "Recovering Catholic". Yes, I was baptized at birth, but now I practice as a Baptist. OK, having said that, and now realizing what was just said in your posts, things are becoming a little clearer to me.

Yes, report these people to the IRS...after all, they came right out on the news and said every word. I can't help but think the biggest town with IRS presence...

But another comment got my attention, bringing in a large influx of Hispanics (which are illegals at the start) to over rule the conservative Christians...that never occurred to me (as I slap my head and say "I could have had a V-8").

I can see the angles on the "religious" side and those are certainly possible motives to recruit illegals...but how can the illegals vote, etc, etc? Would this be more of a lobby type of thing? This is intreging to say the least as I think we have stumbled onto another form of illegal support in this country.

My frustration grows....

Why not make it abundantly clear to church officials, no matter what faith, that you do not condone aiding and abetting illegal immigrants? Religions, like governments, will only listen if enough of their members bring to light what they're doing. If they lose enough members, or think they're in danger of losing members, they just might re-think their position.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)