Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New citizens--they pledged to be patriots !

When gaining citizenship in the USA one is required to swear upon this oath:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

About 63,000 Mexicans are naturalized each year (correct me if I'm wrong). They take the oath of allegiance to this nation. So why do so many former Mexicans who gain US citizenship support the reprehensible actions of their former countrymen? Why don't they decry the lawlessness of the invaders? Did they have their fingers crossed when they took the oath to support the laws of this land? The moment of being granted citizenship should have been one of commitment. So why don't more of them publicly subscribe to the views of a patriot like Al Rodriguez ? http://dontspeakforme.org/ourstory.html ?

Though I understand the lure of dual citizenship, once you choose to become an American, your main allegiance should lie here. This, of course, is true for "new Americans" from other lands. Welcome legal immigrants, welcome new citizens. But if you decide you've made a mistake and don't like America after all, and you don't want to see our laws enforced, please consider going back to your original home.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Though I understand the lure of dual citizenship, once you choose to become an American, your main allegiance should lie here.
    the Constitution does not provide for 'dual citizenship' and any foreigner that took an oath of allegiance to this country and then claims 'dual citizenship' has forfeited their right to be a citizen.

I saw where the 'State Department' approved 'dual citizenship' -- funny how all these federal agencies, Congress, the President and the federal judges can amend the Constitution without a Constitutional amendment
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

My father and I were talking about all of this yesterday. He said "The government is no longer working under the Constitution and has not for a long time."

He is perfectly correct. The evidence is all around us. They do not even bother to hide it much anymore.

So my next question was can we sue the government for not upholding the Constitution? His response was sure, but the judges are corrupt also and are not going to rule against the government.

I think he is correct there too.