Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

New Hampshire Report!

New Hampshire Report!
    This weekend the Lone Republican and a couple of tontos hit the campaign trial in New Hampshire. We saw several candidates and I have a lot to report.

Last night we attended several of debate parties and tried to visit a couple of campaign headquarters. Can you guess which one we got kicked out of? If you guessed Dennis Kucinich you are correct. They had about 10 people hanging out and clearly wanted us out. We couldn’t even get a button. So much for friendly moonbats.

We moved on to the Ron Paul party. He had a huge crowd of young enthusiastic supporters. The place was jammed and everyone was very engaged in the debate. To put it simply, these are people you want to have a beer with.

On the way out the door we noticed a crowd of Obama people gathering. It turns out the Obama campaign had booked the Ron Paul hang out for their debate party. Later in the evening we returned to find some of the Obama people had joined the Paul crowd to watch to Democrat debate. It was an odd mixture.

Surprise, Surprise. We visited the Romney post debate party. I was shocked that I did not have to wear a disguise for admittance. He had a good crowd but it seemed more like a corporate company Holiday party with mandatory attendance than a post debate rally/party.

Next we traveled to the McCain event. He had quite a few supporters and there seemed to be enthusiasm in the crowd. Due to strategic placement my group got to greet the Senator the moment he arrived. It was a hoot.

Later in the evening we attended the Giuliani party. Unfortunately, it was breaking up just as we arrived. Surprisingly he seemed to have a big crowd. His people were energized despite being out leaflet dropping all day.

We did find Thompson’s headquarters, but it was closed. No luck on locating the Huckabee party. However, when we stopped for a late night bite at a local diner, we bumped into a family of New Hampshire Huckabee supporters. (Huckabee seems to be on the move.)

This morning we traveled to a Giuliani house party. I feel sorry for the owners. The house was overrun with supporters. We had to park a distance from the location, but is did give us the opportunity to look at all the license plates. The overwhelming majority were from New Hampshire which will be relevant as you read on.

I am very happy to report that our group was once again strategically placed to meet the Mayor. I got to shake his hand. He clearly has presence! To leave the event, Giuliani had to wade through supporters. He took the time to give out autographs, shake hands, and take pictures. Rudy is an outstanding retail politician. I was impressed.

Next we traveled to the Romney rally. While crisscrossing the New Hampshire terrain we came upon the Nashua High School Clinton event. Wow. There was a ton of traffic trying to see the Clintons. I suspect she had over 1000 people attending. However, the majority of them were not from New Hampshire. As we drove by the parked cars, we counted that every 6th car was from New Hampshire. A majority of the vehicles were either from Massachusetts or New York.

The Romney rally was interesting. He entered the rally via a roped off entrance. He did not work the crowd. You could not reach out and touch him like the other candidates we had seemed. Romney spoke along with Barbara Anderson of Citizens for Limited Taxation. Senator Judd Gregg was introduced but did not speak which was just plain odd. Moreover, Romney introduced not only his lovely family but many legislators from Massachusetts. (I would have thought that he would have dragged out more New Hampshire supporters instead of the old gang from the Commonwealth.)

During Romney’s speech he made several claims that were not quite true. For example, he said he supported the English Only Ballot Initiative in Massachusetts. Actually in 2002 he claimed to support the concept but did not endorse the ballot question. The only statewide candidate to endorse the 2002 initiative was Jim Rappaport.

Romney also claimed to have more contributors than any other Presidential campaign. I think that fact is in question. I thought Barack owned the record.

After his speech he fielded many questions from the audience. Surprisingly there was only one questioner from a New Hampshire voter. The rest of them were all from out of state.

Stay tuned.
    www.bostonherald.com

If I realized it was that easy to get in I would have gone up from Boston

Do you have press credentials?
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Romney also claimed to have more contributors than any other Presidential campaign. I think that fact is in question.
    The reporter "thinks" this fact is in question?! How thorough. Seems pretty biased to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And, of course Guliani is going to have time to work the crowd-----he hasn't been doing as much campaigning as Romney has in New Hampshire!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

These papers and the MSM really don't like Romney. It's so obvious. Which of course makes me more supportive of him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)