Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New RNC Rules Could Shut Out Anti-Amnesty Candidates

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New RNC Rules Could Shut Out Anti-Amnesty Candidates

Hope I got everyone's attention by the title of this thread. I just wanted to make sure EVERYONE took notice. I don't believe that I am being overly dramatic when I write this. This may very well happen in our future by those in power who are for amnesty. All the GOP would have to do is replace duly elected delegates who are for a grassroots candidate who is against amnesty, with delegates who are for an establishment candidate who may support amnesty.

Some people here may remember me as a Ron Paul supporter. I haven't been here in a while because of my very hectic schedule, but I took the opportunity on this Labor Day weekend to gather the following information so I could share it with everyone here.

In case you haven't heard, there was some very fraudulent and appalling events that transpired at the Republican National Convention that people need to be made aware of - particularly of the major rule changes voted within the RNC that will directly affect ALL grassroots activists in future elections - such as Tea Party and Anti-Amnesty groups. Michelle Malkin has been very outspoken about this as well.

If you are okay with a group of insiders sitting around a table and choosing the delegates they want over WE THE PEOPLE, then this thread isn't for you. But if you happen to be a Liberty minded Conservative who has been active in your local grassroots movement to restore our Republic, then please take the time to watch/read some of these videos and articles. Contrary to some opinions, this isn't just about Ron Paul. Rather it is about the power grab of the establishment RNC against the Grassroots. These rule changes will make it much harder to elect non-establishment candidates in the future. The liberty movement is growing and the insiders are feeling VERY threatened.

VIDEOS:

RNC Fraud & Rule Changes (Plus - The RNC Teleprompter Had The Results Before The Vote Was Taken!)

Colorado Delegate Explains What Happened

RNC Sham 2012

Ron Paul Delegate Press Conference at RNC (08.30.12)

Ron Paul Advisor Doug Wead: "I Think It Hurts (the GOP) More Than Us"

Continued......
    Last edited by chloe24; 09-02-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Bullets Planted in Luggage of Ron Paul Delegate at 2012 RNC

* Update: Latest Delegate Interviews

ARTICLES:

As you may know the Romney camp is pushing new rules, specifically Rule 15, which would strip grassroots activists of any meaningful ability to participate in presidential politics. The process has always been bottom-up, but Romney officials have rewritten the rules so that the nominee can stifle any dissent on the platform committee and even unseat delegates. Make no mistake, this will weaken the process by which Republicans chose their candidate for president and push the grassroots out of the party process.

From Buzzfeed reporter Zeke Miller: "The Republican National Convention Rules Committee voted 63-38 to approve a new rule allowing granting the Republican National Committee — and Mitt Romney — sweeping new powers to amend the governing document of the GOP.

The move came at the encouragement of Mitt Romney supporters on the committee, including Romney's top lawyer Ben Ginsberg, who stressed that it would grant "flexibility" to Romney and the committee to adapt to changing political environments. The rule allows the RNC to amend the party's rules without a vote by the full Republican National Convention. And it offers the Republican Establishment a new tool to keep at b[a]y Tea Party initiatives that threaten to embarrass or contradict party leadership and stray from a planned message." (emphasis added)

UPDATE: Locate the phone number of your state's delegates on the Rules Committee here, call them immediately, and tell them to oppose Romney's Rule 15, that strips grassroots activists of the ability to participate in the Republican platform process.

Stop the Establishment from Rewriting the RNC Rules | FreedomWorks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RNC power grab: the aftermath

By Michelle Malkin • August 29, 2012 12:39 PM

There were several inspiring speeches delivered at last night’s Republican National Convention. Talk of “unity” filled the air. Many GOP leaders praised the “grass-roots.” But behind the scenes, the RNC power grab has exacerbated distrust between a diverse group of rank-and-file activists and party bosses.

I have no patience for the Republican party-bots telling these front-line soldiers to shut up in the name of unity — and to hide “in-fighting” because the Left will publicize it. It should be publicized. Conservative activists and Tea Party members have worked their asses off within the system, doing the groundwork of righting the wayward GOP ship from the inside. These are the door-knockers, sign-makers, phone-bankers, and message-spreaders who fueled the Tea Party revolution and who enabled the 2010 GOP midterm victories. They fought for and earned their place at the table.

I also have no patience for the sideline-sitters who gripe that rules fights are booooooring and meaningless. The Tea Party conservative activists are doing what an effective movement is supposed to be: They’ve moved on from protests and rallies to the nuts and bolts of party politics. These battles matter, because exercising grass-roots muscles makes them stronger.

Finally, I have no patience for the addled critics who think we are unable to multi-task. Yes, you can criticize bad GOP maneuvers AND maintain the fight against Obama and the progressives at the same time! It’s easy if you try.

Below, I’m reprinting the after-action report from veteran conservative blogger and South Carolina GOP activist Drew McKissick, who first alerted me to the battle earlier this week.

The bottom line: Get organized, get loud, and stay vigilant. No matter who ends up in the White House in January, no matter what letter follows the names of the people in power in Washington, the grass-roots conservative movement must be prepared to stand its ground. Forewarned is forearmed.

Michelle Malkin » RNC power grab: the aftermath

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a competition, when someone cheats, he gets disqualified. The disqualification does not make the runner-up the winner. Rather, it reveals that the man who appeared to be the runner-up had in fact been the winner all along.

In the race for the GOP nomination for President, therefore, Ron Paul won.

As the New York Times wrote yesterday,

Delegates from Nevada tried to nominate Mr. Paul from the floor, submitting petitions from their own state as well as Minnesota, Maine, Iowa, Oregon, Alaska and the Virgin Islands. That should have done the trick: Rules require signatures from just five states. But the party changed the rules on the spot. Henceforth, delegates must gather petitions from eight states.

When Mr. Romney and the RNC cheat so blatantly, they make the game no longer about politics: they make themselves ineligible for the vote of anyone who cares about his own morality, his own honesty or his own integrity – regardless of his politics. And from a purely practical standpoint, they invite Americans to ask if they want to live in a nation governed with the same contempt for those who don’t toe the party line as has been displayed both in Tampa and throughout the primary process.

But as a Ron Paul supporter, I can’t remember feeling so invigorated and empowered in my cause.

Not only did my candidate win: the GOP has given the Liberty movement a greatest gift it could have given us. It has induced a righteous indignation will ensure that there will be no lull in the Liberty movement post-convention or post-election. It has educated us; it has brought us together like only a common hurt can, and it has freed us to do whatever needs to be done for the cause we love, wherever we need to do it.

To those in the Liberty movement who in the first flush of anger are saying they will never vote GOP again, I would humbly suggest that there is no better revenge than success, and that success, therefore, is a dish best served cold.

Ron Paul has been fighting for the cause of freedom for 30 years. Even if Romney were to win the election in November – a possibility now massively reduced by the disenfranchisement of a large minority of Republicans who comprise its most energetic activists – eventually he’ll be just another ex-President. But the GOP’s behavior has just about ensured that Liberty will never be just another ex-movement. Thanks to GOP, a hardened, indignant and wiser Liberty movement will be as much “here” in four years or eight years as the Constitution will be.

And each time one of the main parties blatantly chooses power over honesty and fairness, it opens the unconverted to one of the most important messages of the Liberty movement: that the answers to our problems may not be found in the platforms or most of the people of the main parties that created them.

When I was observing the GOP caucuses in Seattle, I was able to ask a number of caucus goers who they voted for. Everyone I asked who was under 40 was there for Ron Paul. Everyone I asked who was over 65 was there for Mitt Romney. The younger adults would explain why they liked their candidate with passion, conviction, excitement and an unusual understanding of issues – in other words, the stuff that victories are made of. The senior citizens – every one of them – gave as justification for their support of Romney, “He’s the man who can beat Obama”. (The logic didn’t work so well for John Kerry, as I recall.)

I wanted to help them see the flaw in their answer by asking why they’d want to replace a large bank-funded, Patriot Act-supporting, NDAA-supporting, interventionist who doesn’t have a plan to reduce government spending in the foreseeable future with a …

You see, of course, why I couldn’t ask the question.

More to the point, the people who “like Romney” are the outgoing seniors. The future of the party will comprise, out of simple biological necessity, those younger, liberty-loving, peace-mongering Constitutionalists, the likes of whom the RNC has worked so hard to put down.

That’s exciting.

But things are even more exciting if I am wrong.

Think for a minute what happens to all these excitable young people if the GOP old-guard stick around for long-enough to succeed in thwarting every effort the Paul supporters make to take over the party. In that case, the GOP will achieve something that no third party has: it will make third parties credible and their support significant. We may even look back at the 28 Aug. as the day when the seed of a brand new party was sown. Stranger things have happened.

Whichever way it goes, the GOP’s failure to integrate its liberty wing will seriously endanger the duopolistic political system on which they have depended for so long because the liberty movement is now simply too large to disappear.

Whether this liberty movement of critical mass changes the mainstream of US politics by controlling the GOP, or by becoming the philosophically coherent minority that swings elections is, in the long-run, a choice for the Republican party to make. However, for this election cycle, the GOP appears to have made its choice.

Robin Koerner's blog | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Last edited by chloe24; 09-03-2012 at 10:20 AM.

"Tis the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

Governing through intimidation does not grease the wheels of democracy. It is a display of arrogance and a display of ruling a country or party rather than leadership participating. Are'nt those qualities that I hear us complaining about with the present administration? This was not about Ron Paul, it was about absolute control.

So, we have one candidate accused of accepting illegal votes and one not counting the oppositions votes received. How large or small is the difference? How does that advance belief in our system?

Thank you Chole24!

That video footage of the teleprompter is absolutely amazing! Speaker John Boehner was just on a script!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    "Tis the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

Governing through intimidation does not grease the wheels of democracy. It is a display of arrogance and a display of ruling a country or party rather than leadership participating. Are'nt those qualities that I hear us complaining about with the present administration? This was not about Ron Paul, it was about absolute control.

So, we have one candidate accused of accepting illegal votes and one not counting the oppositions votes received. How large or small is the difference? How does that advance belief in our system?

Thank you Chole24!
    You're very welcome kevinssdad. I just hope more people will take the time to view this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    That video footage of the teleprompter is absolutely amazing! Speaker John Boehner was just on a script!

W
    I KNOW! How could they possibly think they could get away with it without anyone finding out??? But the more important question is, what can ordinary citizens do about this power grab?

"Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods." - H.L. Mencken
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just wanted to update this thread to make sure it has the most accurate information. According to this delegate, the RNC rule to replace delegates was defeated. However, they kept the rule which allows them (RNC) to change their rules at any time during a campaign. (which they had been doing anyway against Ron Paul delegates during the caucuses) So basically nothing has really changed since they can pretty much do whatever they want and the grassroots will not have a say.

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24 View Post
    I KNOW! How could they possibly think they could get away with it without anyone finding out??? But the more important question is, what can ordinary citizens do about this power grab?
    If the two party system is the best we can have, both parties MUST have their foundations shaken simultaneously!

The only way that I and others (numbers growing, modestly but growing) have come up with to shake both is to vote for neither party's candidate, which they both deserve our "no cofindence" vote this election. Without adequate time to promote and advance a candidate or causes we are going to vote for ourselves and encourrage others to vote for themselves.

We have looked at other other politicians that may be acceptable to cast votes for, however, the problem is that they are members of one or the other major party. It seems to be a consenus of opinion that shaking up a candidate is inadequate. BOTH POLITICAL PARTIES need to receive the message that we are displeased with the status quo.

Voting for ourselves, we believe, says that we, non-politicians, have more faith in ourselves than we have with the parties and/or their chosen candidates participating in the political arena.

Should those that vote in this manner be adequate to receive recognition, whether this election or later elections, we may cause one of two results. In essence just a quiet revolution. Voters rather than large contributors will again be pertinent in elections and one or both parties pay voters heed, or two, a new party will emerge.

I cannot see any harm to democracy in either result

Your comment?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post

Voting for ourselves, we believe, says that we, non-politicians, have more faith in ourselves than we have with the parties and/or their chosen candidates participating in the political arena.

Should those that vote in this manner be adequate to receive recognition, whether this election or later elections, we may cause one of two results. In essence just a quiet revolution. Voters rather than large contributors will again be pertinent in elections and one or both parties pay voters heed, or two, a new party will emerge.

I cannot see any harm to democracy in either result

Your comment?
    Right you are kevinssdad. And thanks chloe24 for bringing us updates on this important matter, you're helping to open the eyes of everyone around here and those visiting the site. they need to spread the message to other online communities.

Romney and the establishment, which Romney has shown last week that he is very much a part of, are afraid of the possibilities of a grassroots movement rising up and taking control of the party and firing everyone currently at the top. So what do they do? They attempt to shove these pathetic rule changes through. But they're sadly mistaken to believe they can get away with it. We will not forget. They will never ever have the power to control who I vote for and if I want to vote for none of the above this November the 6th, I will.

The GOP is insuring it's destruction, but out of ashes will rise a new party not beholden to the old leadership, but a new, younger, bolder leadership. This new party, I hope, will adopt a new name, "The People's Party of America" to leave behind the stained and rotten "Republican" name that it has become.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast