Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Taco Cabanna Ad Slams Americans!

Last night while watching TV the new Taco Cabanna comericial cam on and the lady who does it said something like "As long as the Americans don't find out" ! I had to replay it, then when it came back on again my wife heard it also!

So, today I sent them a nasty Gram!

And that lady who does the Ad is a friend of Wacko George Lopez (ie Hate Mongerer)

Here is what I sent to them:

"While watching TV last night we had to rewind the TC Commercial 3 times to hear what we thought your TC Girl was saying on air! “As long as the Americans don't find out” ? Huh? Why on earth would this person say this?

Well, I have looked at your choice of people to advertise your products and it seems she may be a big supporter of George Lopez, one of the worst racial slanders in Hollywood and who openly is in support of parts of America being given back or taken over again by Mexico. So it does not surprise me that your TC girl may be expressing these very offensive comments in your commercials because of who she associates with, or one of your writers thought it would be funny to add in in.

Let’s put this in another perspective to make this clear to you how important this is. Imagine a tall white man in his mid 20’s to early 30’s well groomed and sitting at an outdoor table with friends of his same age eating a big Juicy Hamburger and drinking a Coke. He goes to tell the friends there about how delicious this great hamburger is and turns around to the camera and says “I sure hope that the Mexicans don’t hear this”

You see a double standard is in place because someone in your advertising group thought because a sweet, good looking funny girl could not say anything that would be taken as a racial slur as it would only be comedy. Well, it is not comedy; it is a racial slur and should be removed today.

Respectfully
    Ken Dreger
    Last edited by dregerk; 01-11-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Ken can you capture us a video of this commercial before they get wise and pull it?

W

Taco Cabana Anjelah Johnson: "We are All Juan"

Banned
    Yes,I think we should all see that commercial and also send our opinions to TC!!!

Taco Cabana Anjelah Johnson: "Mexico is Closer Than You Think"

Taco Cabana Anjelah Johnson: "Mexican Customs"

I for one don't like that . you can this ship back home .
    No amnesty or dream act

Here is the "Response" I got back today from Marketing;

Hello and thanks for sharing your concern about our recent TV ad. It appears we may have a misunderstanding here. Our TC girl does not say anything about "Americans". Rather, she is talking about "her tia (aunt) Mary". The storyline in our current spot is about how TC girl took back the pots and pans her tia Mary gave her for Christmas so she could use the money to eat at TC - because she would rather eat at TC than cook at home. Then at the end, she mentions how she hopes her tia Mary doesn't find out what she's done.

We are not in any way trying to provide social commentary on Mexicans or Americans. We are just trying to have a little light-hearted fun while talking about the food and experience at Taco Cabana.

Sincerely,
    Todd Coerver
    Chief Marketing Officer
    Taco Cabana
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Taco Cabana Anjelah Johnson: "Mexico is Closer Than You Think"

Ha just go to the "closer than you think Mexico" and open your cabana there....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast