Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Tidbit From Bush's Lunch

Just heard on CNN that Bush and the Senators did talk about and agreed to just going ahead with a supplemental bill that would fund some measures at the border for now.

I wonder if they choked on that.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Then the next step is to tell them NNNOOOO, we don't want new laws . . . ENFORCE OUR CURRENT LAWS!!

Hannity just did a good example: if you have a hole in your boat . . . then PLUG THE HOLE!!! Otherwise, it will sink!!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

From what I understand, this supplemental would fund the things that are already supposed to be in place at the border that they never got the money for.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: New Tidbit From Bush's Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Just heard on CNN that Bush and the Senators did talk about and agreed to just going ahead with a supplemental bill that would fund some measures at the border for now.

I wonder if they choked on that.
    To go ahead with a supplemental bill and also the other horrible bill for amnesty? Please explain, I am a bit dense!!

I don't think this has anything to do with the immigration bill. It's a separate supplemental bill to pay for enforcement at the border that has been passed a long time ago. It looks to me like this is a good faith effort to smooth the ruffled feathers of the American people by making a feeble attempt at enforcement so sometime in the future they can hit us with another ridiculous immigration bill by saying, "see we did do something about enforcement."

Don't trust hem.

Do you believe they could just fund the fence (again) and do this without added pork? Could the DREAM ACT of some other sneaky thing be tacked on? Why, of course. ENFORCE THE CURRENT LAW.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I don't think that's how it works. After a particular bill has been passed, it's too late to add pork. It's just a matter of voting the funds in, which I believe is the House's job.

JAK
    Yes, they are definately deceitful and CANNOT be trusted!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

As you know, the fence bill was approved, but it was never funded. It was just a ruse to get support just before the election last fall.

I think they are talking about funding stuff we should have gotten anyway, so they really aren't giving us anything new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast