Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

a new U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform

A bipartisan US Commision on Immigration Reform was enacted in law in 1990. It's mandate was to review and evaluate the implementation and impact of U.S. immigration policy and to submit its findings and recommendations to Congress. The commision was then dissolved in 1997. One of the final reports was Becoming An American: Immigration and Immigrant Policy. See http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/uscir.html for details.

Question: Why aren't we resurrecting such a commission and get on with the proper business of discussing immigration with the facts and then, and only then legislate so-called comprehensive immigration reform.?

Welcome to Alipac alamb. Glad to have you in the fight for our country.

How did you find us?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well thank you for the welcome. I found Alipac by purpose.
    And yes we do need to fight for our country and right now we need to muster all teh right arguments to counter the pro-illegal/open borders hysteria. We will win because we will keep a cool head and will argue with reason unassailable argumenst on our side.

The fight is on 2 fronts socio ethno-centric and business interest. we know about the socio ethno-centric part but the most pernicious one is the corporate one which is seeing unfettered illegal and legal immigration as a business boon by bringing over here, from third world countries, people who would otherwise have no buying power. My estimates is that for every 15 million illegals going home that is about $333bn in lost market for big business!

Welcome to Alipac, alamb! Would you really trust the US Congress right now to get it right, though? We thought illegal immigration would be easy to quell but new amnesty proposals are hatching like June Bugs.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Well thank you for the welcome. I found Alipac by purpose.
    And yes we do need to fight for our country and right now we need to muster all teh right arguments to counter the pro-illegal/open borders hysteria. We will win because we will keep a cool head and will argue with reason unassailable argumenst on our side.

The fight is on 2 fronts socio ethno-centric and business interest. we know about the socio ethno-centric part but the most pernicious one is the corporate one which is seeing unfettered illegal and legal immigration as a business boon by bringing over here, from third world countries, people who would otherwise have no buying power. My estimates is that for every 15 million illegals going home that is about $333bn in lost market for big business!
    You're Welcome! How did you come to the $333bn in lost market number?

Possibly not and i suspect you are right. I see an independent Commission. It can be and ought to be done. Actually we ought to call for it and be rather vociferous about it.

We are told that the entire 45 million or so of the Hispanic community in the US is about a Trillion dollar market. 15 million going home is 1/3 therefore $333bn. Simple really. Probably not the right dollar amount but most possibly close to the right level.

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    We are told that the entire 45 million or so of the Hispanic community in the US is about a Trillion dollar market. 15 million going home is 1/3 therefore $333bn. Simple really. Probably not the right dollar amount but most possibly close to the right level.
    OK but was the information from the Pew Institute? Heritage Foundation?

Not sure of either source you ask about but this number is bounced about on a number of sites/sources. Close to a Trillion or there abouts. It's quite credible actually. Some sources cite close to $900bn, others 1 trillion by 2010 whihc is pratically around the corner. The point is is really about why business pushes unfettered immigration and that ultimately could destroy our country. It's a very expedeint way to create markets from nothing using immigration!

http://www.terry.uga.edu/news/releases/ ... eport.html

http://www.strictlyspanish.com/white_paper4.htm

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/small-biz-s ... iness.html

OK thanks. Yes, I understood the point I was just trying to get a lock on the sources. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast