Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ga may have passed some strong laws, but I don't think they are nearly strong enough. They need to be MUCH stronger, IMO.

One of my major pet peeves - GALEO - Ga Latino Elected Officials organization, I strongly dislike them. Sign up for their newsletter, it is very imformative - galeo.org. From the latest -
    -------
    We hope 2008 has gotten off to a great start for you and your family!

If you are registered to vote, don't forget to vote on Tuesday, February 5th. Georgia will be among many states picking the next President of the United States. Please Vote! Su Voto Es Su Voz!

The Georgia Legislature continues its efforts to make Georgia more hostile towards immigrants. Several legislative initiatives are aimed at making Georgia more anti-immigrant and we need your voice of reason at the Georgia Capitol. Contact your State Legislators soon. Please see the list below for some of their proposals:

SB 350 - Drivers' Licenses; requirement; driving while license suspended/revoked; change certain provision: This is the drive without a license and go to jail bill. This was vetoed by Governor Perdue last year and has been redrafted. It is targeting undocumented immigrants and has many unintended consequences. This legislation is moving and is before the Rules Committee in the Georgia Senate. Georgia will likely cause another international incident like it did with the arrest, strip search and detention of the Canadian tourist last year.

SB335: State Agencies; designate English as official language; prohibit requiring employees to speak/learn any other languages for employment. This legislation will place state agencies and local governments at a competitive disadvantage of recruiting people will valuable skills, such as language skills, to better serve their own communities. There is a well written article linked below that details more of the problems with this bill. This legislation will be heard in subcommittee on Monday, 2/4/08.

HR413: A RESOLUTION proposing an amendment to the Constitution so as to declare English as the official language of the State of Georgia: Again, another unecessary amendment to the Georgia Constitution. During the hearing on Wednesday, State Rep. Tim Bearden and his Pro- English colleagues could not answer some important legal questions about the amendment. Fortunately, the legislation was tabled for further consideration.

I would suppose that Georgia has other issues to solve rather than to continue to beat the anti- immigrant drum, but state leadership continues to attempt to distract Georgia voters while moving forward with their efforts to make Georgia more hostile against immigrants.

Since Georgia continues to move in this direction, I would suggest that foreign investors look elsewhere other than Georgia. Georgia wants your dollars but does not want your people. In fact, Georgia is implementing policies that will target and discriminate against anyone who seems foreign. KIA, Sany and other foreign investors or foreign visitors beware: enter Georgia at your own risk. In a slowing economy, Georgia should not be attempting to make itself less attractive by these divisive policies that are counter to any type of serious foreign investment or interest for Georgia. Shame on our leaders for allowing anti-immigrant sentiment to continue to grow. Too bad for our state that this will hurt Georgia in the long-term.

I hope you will call Governor Perdue and express yourself about his lack of leadership on this issue. I also hope you call your state legislators before more harm is done to Georgia. These divisive policies will only hurt Georgia and not position us to be competitive with other states.

Please review the information contained in the newsletter to make you aware of some of these issues, especially with what is happening against the Latino community in the Georgia Legislature. We hope this newsletter provides some good information for you.

Finally, GALEO has been a consistent voice of reason in Georgia during these challenging times. Please commit to join GALEO as a member and help us continue to make our voice stronger. We can accomplish more with your GALEO Membership.

Now is the time to renew your commitment to GALEO or to join the GALEO familia. Please join GALEO today and help us as we continue to shape the future of Georgia.

Thank you,

Jerry Gonzalez
    Executive Director
    Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials (GALEO)

California has the welcome mat out for them!

Hi miguelina,

Please, oh please don't send them our way...........if they must come north, let them keep going into Canada......sorry neighbor, (Canada) but you stand a better chance of shipping them home than we do. I know its not nice to abuse a neighbor, but please bear with us.

Ct isn't really a sanctuary state, we just have several of the nutcases as mayors. Destefano as a city mayor who loves them with the backing of Yale, Perez in Hartford, but he may be in trouble for some funny mayoral tricks. Well all these city mayors seem to like criminals, since they employ so many in their administrations it seems. Its amazing how cities always manage to find heads of organizations that seem to skim the cream off federal/state funds. Why wouldn't they hold open doors for them? Like seeks like.

There are 169 towns in Ct. Not all support lawlessness. Look at Danbury, they keep calling ICE. Not sure about Waterbury or Bridgeport.

Yep, notice some of those Jerseyites moving this way.

What the heck, you have the tri state area, so we are bound to get some of the runoff.

Tolerance to lawlessness is running lower and lower and lower.

I was trying to think of a play with words, to a song my Mom used to sing to us as kids...........I don't want'em, You can have'em............

anybody? we need some lyrics here.

THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS......Did he notice if they headed south??
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Yahooooooooo ! I love SC and can't wait to move there !! This is just one more reason....

What new law did SC pass?

Too bad we can't put a GPS system on them to see where they are going! I'll be looking for all those SC license plates here in CA!

Oh, and next thing you know...there will be a big to-do about all the abandoned properties, foreclosures, defaulted car loans, etc.

But I am very happy for SC!!!!

NOW if ONLY they would bail out of the WHOLE country!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    One friend, I have known for 20 years, walked out into his driveway the other day and looked down the block to see many trucks being loaded at the same time! He sat and watched the illegals load up and when they started to roll out he waved Goodbye!
    I read this and couldn't help but think of that old song-Sha na na na,hey hey hey, good bye.

Thanks for this news William,SC sounds like the place for me-no real ID and the IAs are leaving-what more could I want.

Rawhide!

Banned
    But the facts are , they are not really "leaving"

Its a huge shell game , they will leave a state when the crackdowns
    start but they usually just migrate to neighboring states

I do know that some of the states they are going to are getting
    blown out and are now starting their own crackdowns ,

Lets just hope it continues now that we have had some
    success with state laws being challenged and kept in place
    by Judges that are for America

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast