I have talked with Randy Hinshaw on numerous occasions and I know he and Lea are sincere about trying to get something done here. The republicans were not doing a damn thing. Now the republicans act like they just came up with this and that the democrats are the ones that are not doing anything! This is BS! I tried to get with one of my representatives about illegal immigration (republican) and after talking with him once, I could never get back in touch with him. I am neither democrat or republican and have always voted for who I think will do the best job (everyone should vote this way). I just know first hand that it is the democrats here that have been trying to do something! I have seen NOTHING put out by the republicans!!!!!! I will be responding to this!!!!!!
The bills did not get passed because they never made it out to the floor because of all the bickering over the budget and the christian coaltion thing (they got their hand caught in the cookie jar)! Please support Randy and Lea's efforts by contacting the Alabama Democratic higher ups and give them an earful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fite, Hinshaw promote state bill on illegal immigration
By Amy Sieckmann
Star Capitol Correspondent
07-05-2005

MONTGOMERY
U.S. immigration policy may not be the first thing on most people’s minds this summer or the hot-button topic most political observers predict will drive voters to the polls next fall.

But couple it with allegations of donations from unsavory sources and talk of lost jobs, and you get an issue that Alabamians are likely to pay attention to â€â€