Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NEWS - Let the Rallying Cry be "ENFORCEMENT FIRST!"

http://hayworth.house.gov/cgi-data/news/files/347.shtml

Let the Rallying Cry be "ENFORCEMENT FIRST!"

by AuntB Sept. 29, 2005

Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R) Arizona has introduced immigration reform legislation in the House of Representatives . Unlike the cadre of other "reform" bills, his contains no provisions for a guest worker program.

Hayworth presented his legislation on Lou Dobbs Tonight/CNN, stating, " Let the Rallying cry be, Enforcement first, THEN we'll talk about a guest worker program." (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ldt.html)

September 28, 2005

Hayworth Introduces 'Enforcement First' Immigration Reform Bill

Proposes Zero Tolerance for Illegal Immigration

WASHINGTON- U.S. Rep. J.D. Hayworth today introduced sweeping legislation containing core conservative principles that should guide the national effort to confront illegal immigration.

The Hayworth bill, a 115-page document incorporating new proposals authored by the Arizona Republican and a host of anti-illegal immigration measures offered by House conservatives, takes an enforcement first approach and rejects guest worker plans.

Hayworth said he hopes the Enforcement First legislation "will serve as a rallying point for the overwhelming majority of Americans that are dedicated to creating an effective, commonsense approach to immigration. If we leave this issue to the powerful self-interest groups in Washington, the opportunity to heal and strengthen our broken immigration system will be lost for generations and perhaps forever," Hayworth said.

During a Capitol Hill news conference on Thursday to announce the introduction of the "Enforcement First Immigration Reform Act," Hayworth said America's borders are being overrun by illegal aliens "and the blame for this failure rests squarely with the federal government."

He cited a broad range of failures and refusals by the federal government to enforce current laws and said this has sent the wrong message. "We must send a different message: zero tolerance of illegal immigration," Hayworth said.

"This is more than a legislative proposal; it is a national call for action. Our goal is to inspire the American people to rise up and demand that Congress enact an immigration policy that strengthens our borders, makes our nation more secure, and honors our abiding commitment to the rule of law."

The bill pointedly excludes any of the guest worker plans that are the centerpiece of proposals offered by the White House and members of the House and Senate. "Those types of experiments have been tried numerous times in the past and there is a reason we have no temporary worker program now; they don't work. The results have always been more illegals crossing our borders and lower wages for American workers. We are determined to be a part of the solution to illegal immigration rather than adding to the problem."

His legislation calls for a coordinated effort by the Social Security Administration, Internal Revenue Service, and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency to detect illegal workers and penalize their employers.

Employer fines would be increased from $10,000 to $50,000 for each illegal alien hired. Jail terms would be increased from six months to a maximum five years. For submitting false W-2 data, employer fines would be increased from $50 to $500 per infraction, up to a maximum cap of $2.5 million. The bill also requires the IRS and SSA to report the names of top violators to Congress each year.

The bill authorizes the addition of 10,000 Department of Homeland Security personnel whose sole responsibility will be to enforce employer compliance and prosecute those who hire illegal aliens.

Hayworth said this approach "will encourage those who are here illegally to leave and discourage other illegals from coming across our borders."

At the same time, the Hayworth bill proposes a 120,000 increase in employment-based visas granted each year. Certain non-employment visas currently granted in other categories would be reduced to maintain the overall annual number of legal immigrants at its present level.

Also, the bill endorses a plan to require aliens seeking temporary visas to obtain a bond that would be forfeited if they violate terms of their permit. Further, the practice of granting citizenship to any child born in the United States is ended unless at least one parent is in the U.S. legally.

To strengthen the nation's porous borders, the bill authorizes U.S. military forces to aid the effort to strengthen the nation's porous borders, as well as 10,000 new Border Patrol agents and 1,250 officers at ports of entry. In addition, it authorizes $2.5 billion to equip border officials with force-multiplying surveillance and detection technology.

Also, the bill proposes to mobilize the nation's 700,000 state and local law enforcement officers, who in the course of their normal duties would help federal authorities apprehend and deport some 400,000 criminal aliens, 80,000 of which have been convicted of serious felonies.

http://hayworth.house.gov/cgi-data/news/files/347.shtml

Arizona Office
    14300 N. Northsight Blvd., Suite 101
    Scottsdale, AZ 85260
    Phone: 480-926-4151
    Washington, D.C. Office
    2434 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    Phone: 202-225-2190
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

What we need to do is a huge march on D.C., like with the million man march, or the civil rights in the 60's. That way we are physically brought together to show congress we really mean business

A REALLY HUGE MARCH
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    What we need to do is a huge march on D.C., like with the million man march, or the civil rights in the 60's. That way we are physically brought together to show congress we really mean business

A REALLY HUGE MARCH
    I fully agree. I would love to do such a statement. Myself and I am sure others have the problem with the monies to travel across the country.

If this is a large problem for many of us, maybe we coordinate a muti-city march?

What are the thoughts of yawl?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

QUOTE:
    Hayworth presented his legislation on Lou Dobbs Tonight/CNN, stating, " Let the Rallying cry be, Enforcement first, THEN we'll talk about a guest worker program." (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ldt.html)

The fact that he said, "Let the Rallying Cry Be, Enforcement First" makes me think of protest right there.

Rakishoner, that's a good idea in different cities, but I think one BIG one in Washington would be best. I'm sure we will find ways to get ourselves there. Things have a way of working out, especially when it's so important. I bet there would be many people driving together from different states, some flying, all the different ways. There will be many different ways. You'll be there !!

I'm beginning to think that this is going to happen, because I'm hearing it from actual people where I live (the man at the grocery store yesterday)
    I'm reading it in several places too. If you ask me, it's only a matter of time. The American people are losing patience on this issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, we need a HUGE protest. Perhaps coordinated in cities and DC at the same time.
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

So, maybe what we need are some professionals that handle events such as these, we need co-ordinaters for sure. If we're serious about this, we need to start checking into permits in the DC area, or in your local area. We need to get everyone involved

CALLING ALL THOSE SICK AND TIRED OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION , START ORGANIZING!!

At the same event, we can call for impeachment.

east coast

I'm on the east coast for a visit, I'll let you know how people feel about Illegal immigration back there. I will be in NYC. I am more than ready. I will have my flyers, and my thickest hide. The street corners are the 3rd world employment agency. cheers glenn