Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Newt Gingrich loses Florida — and reminds us why

Newt Gingrich loses Florida — and reminds us why

By Jennifer Rubin

Newt Gingrich gave his post-primary speech tonight while gracelessly declining to congratulate the man who beat him by double digits. According to the Romney campaign, Gingrich hadn’t called to congratulate the Florida winner as of 9:30 p.m. ET.

The speech was vintage Gingrich, comparing his predicament to Lincoln at Gettysburg and vowing to conduct a “people’s campaign.” He made one small run at Romney, calling him “the Massachusetts moderate,” and then wandered into a rather trite recitation of his commitment to change. He rambled a bit, getting nostalgic about his Contract with America and assuring us he’d been studying “how to do this” since 1958. (He was running for president as a child?) He is going to get rid of White House czars, move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and halt the war on religion. If there was a theme in there, it was hard to spot.

He obnoxiously ended by pledging: “My life, my fortune, my sacred honor.” But he’s not doing any of that. And it’s quite an insult to American patriots who have said that and meant it.

Gingrich has been reduced to a smaller-than-life figure. He’s a guy with a lot of words and very little appeal, whose meanness got the best of him and helped to wreck his campaign on a heap of attacks, insults and downright vile accusations (the latest being his claim that Romney is hostile to religion).

He might go on, as he promised. But, really, how many Republicans will follow him? Fewer and fewer, I suspect.

Newt Gingrich loses Florida — and reminds us why - Right Turn - The Washington Post
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

He might go on, as he promised. But, really, how many Republicans will follow him? Fewer and fewer, I suspect..
    I hope he is correct in that.......I can't stand Newt and I e-mailed the Tea Party and told them I am no longer a member since they want to back him.....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad View Post
    He might go on, as he promised. But, really, how many Republicans will follow him? Fewer and fewer, I suspect..
    I hope he is correct in that.......I can't stand Newt and I e-mailed the Tea Party and told them I am no longer a member since they want to back him.....
    I canceled my subscription to Newsmax for the same reason........they too support Gingrich!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think their are alot more people like me then the media realizes. I am not a liberal and I am not a conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    I think their are alot more people like me then the media realizes. I am not a liberal and I am not a conservative.
    Me too and I am not a democ rat or repug-nat, they like to label everyone so they have them in a certain place...we are just free to be MontereySherry!!

April
    WE are all sick and tired of the RINO games, that is for sure! We have been set up for years! They label everyone so they can figure out how best to control them.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I canceled my subscription to Newsmax for the same reason........they too support Gingrich!
    That's funny. Just ten minutes ago, I put all the emails I was getting from Newsmax on Spam. I couldn't take their Gingrich fawning anymore. It is very similar to NBC fawning over Nobama.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    WE are all sick and tired of the RINO games, that is for sure! We have been set up for years! They label everyone so they can figure out how best to control them.
    To me this comment absolutely makes no sense. Like kathyet I am not a democ or a reg-nat and when I hear terms like RINO it just turns me off. To me the term RINO is a way of labeling and controling.

Banned
    I have noticed that with Gingrich people either love him and are blind to all his disgusting ways or they hate him because of all his disgusting ways. I personally cannot stand him, both he and Romney are REPUBLICAN IN NAME ONLY

April
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    To me this comment absolutely makes no sense. Like kathyet I am not a democ or a reg-nat and when I hear terms like RINO it just turns me off. To me the term RINO is a way of labeling and controling.
    Sorry for the confusion, REPUBLICAN IN NAME ONLY with politicians pretending to be conservative is not a label it is a fact. The term is factual call it what you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast