Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Newt Gingrich Says Don't Give Up

Immigration and the Washington Power Structure: Time to Tell Washington Who Is in Charge
    by Newt Gingrich (more by this author)
    Posted 06/25/2007 ET
    Updated 06/25/2007 ET

Back to the Immigration Fight

Let's hope we don't have to go all the way to the Supreme Court to get a sensible law to protect the border. The good news is that I've heard from lots of you who found my 10, simple, direct steps to a legal immigration system to be a very useful alternative to the disaster being kept on life-support in the Senate.

Americans want more than rhetoric -- either pro or con -- on this issue. They want results. Barry Casselman wrote in the Washington Times last week:

"Previously, I was critical of those who opposed the effort to fashion a new omnibus immigration bill because they had no detailed and workable alternative to the present impasse. Mr. Gingrich has come up with such an alternative, and I agree that it is much better than the omnibus bill. It not only satisfies the concerns of conservatives, but also the broad, majoritarian base of America's political center."

I'm gratified that so many Americans -- including leaders such as Wisconsin Republican Congressman Paul Ryan -- have found my 10-point immigration plan helpful.

24 Hours Left to Call Your Senator

Still, despite the fierce opposition of the American people, the Washington power structure is determined to force a vote to avoid a filibuster on the Bush-Kennedy-McCain bill.

The vote is scheduled for tomorrow. That means you have 24 hours to call your senator and remind him or her that this is an issue of the Washington power elite versus the American people, and there should be no mistaking where the American people stand: We are angry and frustrated and want to see this bill gone.

And there is still hope that we can succeed. Republican Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, a strong supporter of secure borders and the rule of law, has said that those who support the American people are gaining ground. We can still defeat this bill. Call your senator now and say "no" to this Washington power elite nightmare.

Don't Give Up if the News Is Bad Tuesday

If the Washington power structure does succeed in forcing its will on the American people Tuesday, remember: There are still lots of procedural tactics that conservatives who support the American people can use -- just as you know liberals would use -- to defeat the bill. So keep the pressure up. This battle is not over until it's over.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    And there is still hope that we can succeed. Republican Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, a strong supporter of secure borders and the rule of law, has said that those who support the American people are gaining ground. We can still defeat this bill. Call your senator now and say "no" to this Washington power elite nightmare.
    There you go...Activists---CALLS TOMORROW MORNING!!! GO FOR BROKE!!! WIN ONE FOR AMERICA AND OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN!!!

I heard Newt on the radio last week say specifically that 10-12 conservative senators can stop this!! So where are they and I hope they do!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well if anybody knows parliamentary procedure it's Newt. I hope he's using whatever political power he has to phone some old friends and counter-balance the Bush lap dogs dolling out pork.