Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    CountFloyd,

I been thinking the same thing. I am eligible for citizenship since I can prove lineage. I can wallow in the social programs in my old age!

Crocket,

Did you bring back a Cuckoo clock from the Black Forrest?

My instructor was Bavarian and she said the same thing about cleaning and that sitting with others is customary. She said, you can tell if an American is leaning with their back on the wall because they bend their knee and put their foot on the wall. She said, a German would never do that because his shoe would get the wall dirty.

Sounds like you enjoyed your trip!

Dixie
    No, I already have a Bavarian clock. I have picked up all the Bavarian odds and ends for friends and relatives that anyone wants in previous trips. About the only other thing that Bavaria has that I want and don't have at the moment is a 6-series BMW or the upcoming Audi R8.

Crocket!

Admit it or not, we know the trolls are attracted to you. Your the poster child for troll magnet.

You are making me want to take a trip. Ich mag wirklich Wienerschnitzel und Kolachies. Viel zu viel. Sie mögen deutsches Bier? Dark and too stout for my taste. That's some rough stuff. Ah, you want on the Auto Ban.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Crocket!

Admit it or not, we know the trolls are attracted to you. Your the poster child for troll magnet.

You are making me want to take a trip. Ich mag wirklich Wienerschnitzel und Kolachies. Viel zu viel. Sie mögen deutsches Bier? Dark and too stout for my taste. That's some rough stuff. Ah, you want on the Auto Ban.

Dixie
    Ich liebe das bier, besonders die Octoberfest bier.

Sadly, my Deutsch is pretty limited. I need to get one of those Rosetta Stone courses or else spend more time there.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Sadly, my Deutsch is pretty limited. I need to get one of those Rosetta Stone courses or else spend more time there.
    I'm doing the Pimsleur German course. It's pretty good on teaching you enough speech to get by, but it doesn't teach you how to read or write German.

I'm still looking for a course that does both. I'm thinking of the Auralog product, but info about it is pretty sketchy.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    I'm doing the Pimsleur German course. It's pretty good on teaching you enough speech to get by, but it doesn't teach you how to read or write German.

I'm still looking for a course that does both. I'm thinking of the Auralog product, but info about it is pretty sketchy.
    The Rosetta Stone courses are supposed to cover all the bases. Let me know if you come across something better.

With the price of gas who pushes their cars back and forth to work?

They make the 6 series BMW you mentioned in ragtop now. I saw one in San Diego. I'd trade my Ford truck for one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    They make the 6 series BMW you mentioned in ragtop now. I saw one in San Diego. I'd trade my Ford truck for one.
    I think that you would have to trade two or three Ford trucks for one. The 6 is a little impractical anyhow. There is very little back seat room and amazingly little storage for such a large and heavy car. They look great, though.

I think that you would have to trade two or three Ford trucks for one. The 6 is a little impractical anyhow. There is very little back seat room and amazingly little storage for such a large and heavy car. They look great, though.
    May as well go all the way and get an M6.

Nothing like having 500 horsepower at your disposal while moving at ten mph in gridlocked traffic.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    May as well go all the way and get an M6.

Nothing like having 500 horsepower at your disposal while moving at ten mph in gridlocked traffic.
    Here in Texas there is plenty of room to open up 500 horses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12