Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NM State GOP Members Sued:Latino Voter Intimidation

From "CAUSA, Oregon's Immigrant Rights Coalition's" Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

NEW MEXICO STATE GOP MEMBERS SUED OVER INTIMIDATION OF LATINO VOTERS

The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) and the American Civil Liberties Union have filed two separate lawsuits against members of the New Mexico State Republican Party.

Talking Points Memo reported last week that Latino voters complained that Republican Lawyer Pat Rogers and Private Investigator Al Romero “went to the homes of their family members, and intimidating and confusing them about their right to vote in the general election.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]Talking Points Memo reported last week that Latino voters complained that Republican Lawyer Pat Rogers and Private Investigator Al Romero “went to the homes of their family members, and intimidating and confusing them about their right to vote in the general election.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="NoBueno"][quote]Talking Points Memo reported last week that Latino voters complained that Republican Lawyer Pat Rogers and Private Investigator Al Romero “went to the homes of their family members, and intimidating and confusing them about their right to vote in the general election.â€
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Gee......now just a reminde of what the laws are is intimidation? Whats confusing......you are either a legal citizen 18 and over or you are not. Period.

The investigator threatened to call immigration authorities even after the woman’s mother told him she was a U.S. citizen.
    All the woman needed to do was prove she was a U.S. citizen. Its not hard to do. People of all backgrounds should be prepared to show proof that they are a citizen if they want to vote.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="SeaTurtle"][quote="NoBueno"][quote]Talking Points Memo reported last week that Latino voters complained that Republican Lawyer Pat Rogers and Private Investigator Al Romero “went to the homes of their family members, and intimidating and confusing them about their right to vote in the general election.â€

But I guess in the politically correct climate we now live in, removing those who have no right to participate in our political process is now called voter intimidation or voter disenfranchisement.
    Ain't it wonderful? LOL Might as well add identification for cigarettes and alcohol to the list. I'm over 50 and was carded today..........trust me, I don't look 16, 18. 21, or anything close. Bordering on legal status for retirement. Where's the ACLU for my age rights?

[quote="NoBueno"][quote="SeaTurtle"][quote="NoBueno"][quote]Talking Points Memo reported last week that Latino voters complained that Republican Lawyer Pat Rogers and Private Investigator Al Romero “went to the homes of their family members, and intimidating and confusing them about their right to vote in the general election.â€
    "

NoBueno wrote:
    Yea...I was operating under the assumption that most people understood the difference between legally issued documents, issued to an individual who has followed the law in obtaining US citizenship, and someone who pays $500 bucks (or who outright steals one) for a social security number that doesn't belong to them.
    IMO, a lot of these people that are confused about voting do not really know what being illegal means. I think this country has been swarmed with those having little or no education. They have probably never heard of a passport or visa, but just figure the cost of US citizenship is the $500 to buy a number to be able to work here.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    NoBueno wrote:
    Yea...I was operating under the assumption that most people understood the difference between legally issued documents, issued to an individual who has followed the law in obtaining US citizenship, and someone who pays $500 bucks (or who outright steals one) for a social security number that doesn't belong to them.
    IMO, a lot of these people that are confused about voting do not really know what being illegal means. I think this country has been swarmed with those having little or no education. They have probably never heard of a passport or visa, but just figure the cost of US citizenship is the $500 to buy a number to be able to work here.
    Perhaps...but these same people sure seem to know what a "mexican passport" is when the roving mexican consulate comes to town! You see, I happen to believe that many of these illegals are cunning and much more sophisticated...certainly more so than they would have you believe. The "poor immigrant, only coming here for a better life" is a sham! IMO...