Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No to birthright citizenship?

if thats the case, what defines citizenship? what makes you a citizen of this country? i even heard someone say that birthright citizenship is a "myth". can someone clarify.

Huh?????please explain...more clearly what you are trying to get at....

I have a feeling about this one
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Huh?????please explain...more clearly what you are trying to get at....
    ? This person is a baiter, because they could look up this info on their own.

Re: No to birthright citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by gobits
    if thats the case, what defines citizenship? what makes you a citizen of this country? i even heard someone say that birthright citizenship is a "myth". can someone clarify.
    gobits,
    Who was that one person who said "birthright citizenship is a "myth"?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Okay, I'll bite.

gobits...you are a citizen of the United States if you are born here. Where the confusion occurs is that when the Constitution was originally written, clearly the intent was that you had to be born of parents who were also American citizens.

The millions of illegal alien women who flood to the U.S. to pop out their anchor brats, are taking advantage of the fact that our government seems to think there is some ambiguity with regard to this aspect of our Constituion.

So most Americans would like to see an amendment to our Constitution that would clearly state that regardless of whether you are born on U.S. soil, you ARE NOT a citizen of the U.S. if your parents weren't citizens at the time of your birth.

The U.S. isn't a free-for-all, big open party. Nobody has a right to come here without our permission.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

That is what I thought...BrightNail
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Here's a link to try and explain it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: No to birthright citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by gobits

Tantum, is it? I only remember that because it's so very close to Tantrum.

What does "gobits" mean.....sounds like vomit to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think what he's getting at is those that came from Europe weren't citizens either, so none of those that immigrated from there should be considered citizens either.

There's an inherent flaw in the logic, though. Those that were here when Europeans showed up welcomed them. If they didn't, they were forced to accept due to technological advances and greater strength of the Europeans. At that point, this land became America because the Europeans said so, and nobody here was in a position to refute that claim. That is the same case now and where birthright citizenship comes from. Those people that said "These are the United States" continued to populate this nation - a nation of laws - and continue to do so today. Those people are birthright citizens. You, on the other hand, are not. You're a citizen of some other country, of which i couldn't care less, and should go back home. You are not wanted here.

oh this is just an offshoot of some earlier post

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73349

someone there said that birthright citizenship is a myth

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast