Somewhere somebody has probably started a thread on this but the Colorado Congress was debating a bill to bring in agricultural workers to our fine state when a Republican Douglas Bruce said he "...didn't want 5,000 illiterate peasants..." in Colorado. He was immediately told to sit down..." and the DEMOCRATS want to do this and that to him.

This guy is very controversial but he speaks the truth.

In Spanish peasant means Campesino and they use the word every day in Mexico. It is what they are.

Why is the styate of Colorado using our tax dollars to set up an office in Mexico to bring workers here. That is a federal function.

They can bring their families and they will never go back on a legal visa when it expires.

I applied for a position as a "Migrant teacher" for Gillete Campbell County way back in 1986. They needed someone who spoke Spanish. So your tax dollars go for them the minute farm workers arrive. This was and is a FEDERAL program.

Here in Colorado, our state taxes have gone up because our last Governor, R-Owens, and the current House Speaker, Romanoff, convinced the voters to approve and referendum so that they could keep any tax surplus for things like "...roads.." the voters, I don't know how, said yes. I had to [at the state $208 this year. Last year, the year this referendum went into effect, my refund was $31. The year before my refund rebate was $300. I never paid until this year and my income has pretty stayed the same as my deductions credits etc.

So, the state wants OUR money to spend it in Mexico to bring up cheap labor WITh their families and then they will never go home when the visa expires and WE get to pay for their education and hospital visits and the women will have more anchor babies.

The sad thing of this is that many of the fellow Republicans are not supporting Bruce who called them "...ignorant peasants..." which is what they are!

My signature below says it all!