Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: No justice for my murdered family member

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Angry No justice for my murdered family member

My family member was killed by a drunk driver who was labeled as a "Honduran native", rather than an illegal immigrant. Although we were told the truth about his immigration status, we were "warned" by lawyers NOT to even mention the fact that the driver was illegal because it could negatively affect the lawsuit. WHY is it ILLEGAL to use the proper term, ILLEGAL, without being labeled as a racist? It's only been six months since we lost our loved one and guess what? The illegal managed to bond out and (surprise, surprise), he has fled, a no show in court, even though he was charged with 3 felonies. My family member was active in fighting illegal immigration and attending rallies and now his life has been snuffed out by a drunken illegal. Where is the justice? What is racist about calling an illegal, "illegal"? I'm afraid we will never see justice served and it appears that we are the ones being discriminated against, the LEGAL citizens of this country. I wish I could say more about this tragedy here at ALIPAC but I don't want to jeopardize an impending lawsuit filed by the others who suffered very serious injuries because of the illegal choosing to drive drunk on our highways.

Welcome Ladyhawk...you have joined a great group of like-minded AMERICANS!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You need to talk to talk radio shows about this, they have the spread to get this message out.

Ladyhawk, I understand your pain and your confusion. I wish I had an encouraging word, and I will try to be careful enough not to get thrown off here my first day. My son was killed 21 years ago by an alien from Mexico, no DL, unlicensed vehicle, no insurance, no headlites on after midnight and driving drunk. I joined here today and another site because after 21 years I'm still seeking help, at least acknowledgement that America is very sick in its immigration policies. I've written every President and anyone that rrepresented me (sic) in congress. While maybe we have'nt improved, we have'nt regressed so much as many would have liked. But that is not progress. I have lost faith in Arerica and its institutions after fighting this for this long. I will not vote for any incumbent regardless of party or length of tenure. It is my opinion that it is all about campaign donations and votes. I warned of this immigration problem 25+ years ago before my son was killed. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Both of our family members deaths lie at the doorstep of the American government, past, present and likely future governents. I pray that I'm wrong about the future, I will encourage people to vote for Obama's opponent but I will not vote for either of them! After 9-11 I wrote GWB and told him I would support any war he wanted as long as he went to Mexico first. He wrote me back that immigration was good for the country. I never said anything in my letter about legal immigration. That is the attitude of America. Those killed as our were are not important, but 2900 on 9-11 was worth nearly a Trillion dollars! Count our realtives, others like us, and the deaths caused by illegal drugs by illegal aliens and the numbers would be how big?? Again, my condolences to you!

Welcome to ALIPAC.

People are only "thrown off of here" for breaking our community rules regarding civility. These rules were created by the members of this online community and they enforced by our volunteer moderators. 99% of the people that post here do not encounter problems breaking our rules. Please review and adhere to the rules you agreed to abide by when you signed up here and you you wont have any problems.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My heart goes out to you because I know exactly what you are feeling. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Thank you for your kind words. It's comforting to know that there are others out there who really do understand and care. I have been on the phone, calling state representatives, senators, and even the Attorney General's office, trying to get some answers as to WHY this man's bond was reduced even after he had already fled and been captured a couple months after he killed my loved one. What really confuses me is WHY the DA in this case did not even let the judge know about the drunk driver running before, and then the DA did not even object to the bond reduction. It just does not make any sense to me at all. This has been the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life and I feel helpless. I just don't know what to make of it all. I cry everyday because three young children are now left without a father. He meant the world to me and many others, was a hard worker, agood provider for his family, and loved by everyone who met him. The drunk driver who killed my loved one may never be found. He may never have to pay for his crimes and that is just unacceptable to me. The man is a fugitive and I pray that he is captured before he drinks, drives, and kills, or seriously injures more innocent people.

Welcome to ALIPAC kevinssdad and Ladyhawk, I am glad that you found us.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mr. Gheen, I read the rules and have tried to abide by those rules. Please let me know if I have posted anything inappropriate. I am suffering great emotional pain due to the loss of my loved one and the fact that the man who killed him was illegal just rubs salt into my wounds. I promise to keep a level head, think before I post, and if I'm not sure about something, I will message you first before proceeding. Thanks for standing up against illegal immigration and standing for legal immigration. I admire you for what you are doing and I have watched you many times on TV. Illegal immigrants had already caused my loved one to lose jobs to bigger companies who hired the cheaper, illegal labor. I watched as my loved one (who only hired legal Americans), took any job that he could find at wages he earned 25 years ago. Illegal immigration almost destroyed his business, then an illegal, drunk driver took his life, took him away from our family. It is so heart breaking for us all.
    Last edited by Ladyhawk; 04-30-2012 at 03:54 AM. Reason: spelling error

Thank you for welcoming me. I need some support at this time in my life after losing my family member to a drunk, illegal driver who has now made bond and disappeared. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about the fact that he may never have to pay for what he did to our family, and knowing that he may be somewhere else in the U.S., and not back in his native country, drinking and driving again, possibly killing others, taking another Dad from his children, a brother from his siblings, and a husband from his wife. Do you think that this problem is ever going to actually be dealt with? When are we, as a country, going to start actually enforcing our own immigration laws? Six years ago, an illegal, drunk driver killed a local cop's wife, mother-in-law, and his young daughter. That illegal, drunk driver esacped and to this day, has never been found. Like I said in another post, that just rubs salt into a terrible wound just knowing that many of these illegals will never pay for their crimes.

I would love to be able to get our story out there for others to hear. I used to listen to the Terry Anderson show and called in and discussed (live and on-air) about how illegals were taking our jobs here in N.C. I even got a personal phone call from Mr. Anderson once, asking me to talk as a guest on his show. I had told him about how my employer had made me train illegal aliens (who spoke little or no English at all), only to end up being laid off from work a year later, replaced by the illegals I was forced to train to do MY job! Sadly, I remember hearing somewhere that Mr. Anderson had passed away. He was a strong fighter against illegal immigration and he drew attention to the huge problem we have endured for so many years. My employer admitted that he knew he was hiring illegals but he did not seem worried at all about the fact that he was breaking the law. I lost my job 3 years ago and he still has his crew of illegal aliens working for his company. I did call and report the company but nothing was ever done about the situation. That's sad because in my county, our unemployment rate went up to 13% for a long time. Supposedly, it's around 11% now but as we all know, those whose benefits have exhausted, are no longer figured into that unemployment rate. Between NAFTA and the influx of cheap, illegal labor, I would not doubt that the actual unemployment rate here is much, much higher than 13%. Many of us workers who lost our jobs returned to school at the local community college, worked hard, recieved training or an Associate's degree, only to find out that the only way we can use that training on a job is to move to another state or county. We can't win for losing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast