Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

lsmith, me neither! now the older people would love to have some of those part time jobs we did as kids, as well. Not only would it bring in some extra money, it could bring back some pleasant memories.

People like me, who like to work part time, never go on the unemployment role. But if I don't have a job for whatever reason, I still consider myself to be unemployed. Seems like it gets harder and harder to find part time jobs these days.

At the same time, I don't think ALL employers are greedy jerks who just want to mess us over. I think that if we grouped together and started DEMANDING these jobs for ourselves and our grand kids, they might have to listen. Maybe they don't even know we want them if we don't ever go apply. I'm mean enough in my old age to take any job I can physically handle just to keep an illegal from having it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

very funny JuniusJnr, I got a kick out of that one to lol I think we all have stuttering fingers here lol, I know I do. A lot of the time folks think you can't spell when in all fairness lol it is just a slip of the fingers
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    very funny JuniusJnr, I got a kick out of that one to lol I think we all have stuttering fingers here lol, I know I do. A lot of the time folks think you can't spell when in all fairness lol it is just a slip of the fingers
    Me too, I mean slip of the finger(s) when typing. Years ago during one of my first secretarial office jobs where they didn't have word processing set up YET in a very small office, we typed the three part invoices on a typewriter. Because of this, you had to be very careful of mistakes. Well, one Saleman's (Saleman last name needed to be typed into one section) last name was Tucker. It was hard not to slip on a wandering finger in the first letter of the last name. You can all figure it out. :P

As far as the young and jobs, I also held a a few jobs that are now claimed "No American would want nor be willing to do." Yes, we want and we will do these jobs. Teenagers, college students, seniors looking to supplement their retirement, or anyone who didn't complete or only has a HS diploma needs these jobs and at decent wages. The illegals are competing and depressing wages often below minimum wage which isn't enough to support even a family of one any more, especially since these types of jobs do not offer benefits such as health insurance and are frequently only part-time

I have a teen who has friends that are teens and they complain about the job market. They want jobs, but there are not many including in the neighborhood such as mowing grass or babysitting because so many families are hiring their own children first for these if available (NOTE: we don't live in a gated community that hires illegal aliens for jobs teenagers are willing to do, yet, in one single family home a landlord who conveniently doesn't live close by has rented that house to two Hispanic families that caused problems and lived more than one family and did much worse to the neighborhood).
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12