Like Tree2Likes

Thread: No More Clinton ----- Or Bush Either: More or less, since the mid-1980s, this country

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

No More Clinton ----- Or Bush Either: More or less, since the mid-1980s, this country

A Hollywood Republican

This is an article I wrote about the Bush-Clinton Era. I say enough with both families. What do you think?

No More Clinton ----- Or Bush Either

Clinton and Bush: More or less, since the mid-1980s, this country has, in one way or the other, been under the control of one or both of these two families.

HOLLYWOODREPUBLICAN.NET
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No More Clinton —– Or Bush Either

April 12, 2014
    Posted by Frank DeMartini
    ADFTD@hollywoodrepublican.net

Clinton and Bush: More or less, since the mid-1980s, this country has, in one way or the other, been under the control of one or both of these two families.

Back when I started this web site in 2008, I wrote an article entitledAmerica’s Royal Family about the Kennedy Dynasty. At that time, I never thought I would be writing something similar about the current political climate in America. After all, it’s been a long time since any Kennedy other than Killer Teddy had any influence in American Politics. And, for the last part of Teddy’s life (since 1969), he was pretty much a senile old drunk.
    The Clinton and Bush era: It all started when George HW Bush became Vice President under Ronald Reagan. In 1988, Bush, Sr. then became President. After the Bush 1 presidency, Bill Clinton became President. After that, it was Bush, Jr. Then, for the first four years of the current Administration, Hillary Clinton was the Secretary of State. Since 2012, all of the talk has been about a Hillary or Jeb Bush Presidency in 2016. In fact, these two families have become so chummy, Bill and W. were at the NCAA Championship game this week; not to mention that George and Bill Clinton run a charitable foundation together. It has gotten so bad, there is even a Wikipedia page dedicated to the Bush-Clinton Era.

I say, enough is enough.

“What Does it Matter?”

Americans do not like dynasties. We fought to get rid of them when we rebelled against English in 1776. Monarchy’s have been the major fear of the founding fathers since the very beginning. Dynasties lead to more centralized power and less freedom. In fact, many people say that George Washington’s greatest achievement was that he relinquished power. It wasn’t what he did. It was what he didn’t do. He could have stayed President until he died. But, after two terms in office, he voluntarily left. This set a precedent in the White House that was unchallenged until FDR (a liberal Democrat) thought he was a king and ran for four successive terms. After the FDR debacle, we were forced to amend the Constitution so that no one could be President for more than two terms again, thereby ensuring what Washington had started.
    Now, we have the Clinton and Bush years. Maybe this is a little bit different than FDR because one single person is not going to be in power for more than eight years, but between these two families we have now had an almost uninterrupted dynasty of 30 plus years (including Bush, Sr’s years as Vice President). This is not good for America. In fact, it is bad for American and is setting up an American ruling elite.
    As a result, Hillary Clinton should not run for office in 2016 and if either one of them runs, they should not be elected. In fact, Hillary should go out to pasture. She hasn’t done anything ever in her life to warrant being the front runner for the Democratic nomination other than losing it to Barack Obama in 2008. Oh, yeah, she is also responsible for the deaths of four American in Benghazi, Libya.
    And, poor Jeb Bush should find another career. As much as I like most of what he stands for, he is still a Bush. It is unfortunate that his name is what it is. I know that major Conservative donors are trying to enlist him for the job. I know that none of these people are anything more than main stream Republicans. No Conservative would be seriously considering him. I just wish the mainstream of the party could feel the same way. For the last two presidential elections, we nominated the most electable person and you saw where that got us. All of this GOP money should start getting behind a Conservative – not someone named Bush.
    It’s time that we in America find a new leader to run the country. I’m hoping and praying it is a Conservative. However, no matter what it should not be a Clinton or a Bush.

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2...d-bush-either/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Townhall.com Presidential Straw Poll

"If you want to stop Jeb, you need to give them a better centrist alternative. Thanks to Bridgegate, there probably isn’t one":

Bill Kristol: C'mon, there's no way Jeb Bush will be the nominee

HOT AIR

Bill Kristol: C’mon, there’s no way Jeb Bush will be the nominee

POSTED AT 3:21 PM ON APRIL 8, 2014 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

Ben Smith said the same thing yesterday, writing that “the notion that Jeb Bush is going to be the Republican presidential nominee is a fantasy nourished by the people who used to run the Republican Party.” Used to? We went into battle against ObamaCare in 2012 with the guy who signed a law that paved the way for ObamaCare. We faced an electorate that was war-weary after five years of Iraq in 2008 with the most hawkish possible candidate we could find. Never, ever underestimate the establishment’s ability to sell a bad candidate to the masses of Republican primary voters who don’t pay much attention to politics and are eager for a familiar, theoretically “electable” choice. Tell ‘em what’s up, Ramesh:
    As I’ve argued in several Bloomberg columns, the party since 1984 has given its presidential nomination only to people who are at its ideological center of gravity or to its left, and never to anyone to its right. There are reasons for that pattern — having to do with, among other things, the perennial inability of the party’s right to agree on a candidate — and those reasons haven’t disappeared.
    Neither Perry nor Huntsman had the support of the party’s establishment, or the national network of funders and supporters, that Bush would have. Perry’s notorious immigration comment during the 2012 campaign — he called some of his opponents heartless on the issue — harmed him so badly because he needed to solidify the conservative end of the party against an establishment candidate, Mitt Romney…
    Bush’s position within the primary electorate, in other words, would be more like that of Senator John McCain — who won the nomination not so long ago, in 2008. Actually, it would be better than McCain’s, as McCain’s record included a lot more deviations from the party line than Bush’s does.
    Let me paint you a picture. Bush announces he’s running. Soon after, Rubio announces that he isn’t, having concluded that too many of his potential advisors and fundraisers will gravitate towards Jeb. Paul Ryan likewise decides he’ll pass, figuring his best bet at influence is as the next Ways and Means chairman. Bush hits the trail, talking up education reform and ticking off a few well-chosen points of disagreement with his brother’s foreign policy. Meanwhile, Christie, his main rival for establishment support, is too damaged by Bridgegate and never gathers much momentum. Neither does Jindal, who’s overshadowed by bigger-name candidates both to his left (Bush) and his right (Rand Paul and Ted Cruz) and can’t quite find a niche. Bush, now largely unchallenged in the center and center-right, consolidates their support. Over on the right, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz bash each other’s brains in on foreign policy and the NSA until one of them emerges as the conservative choice. That’s when Bush’s backers launch a ferocious campaign attacking Cruz/Paul as fringe material — government shutdowns! a disarmed military! — who’ll never stand a chance against Hillary. It works and Jeb sweeps to the nomination, only to lose badly in the general when voters are forced to decide whether they want to return to “the Clinton era” or “the Bush era.” The only X factor in all this is Scott Walker, who’s prominent enough after his big fight with the unions to find the sort of niche that’ll elude Jindal. He could be a compromise candidate between the right, which fears that Cruz and Paul really aren’t electable, and the center, which fears that the Bush brand will be poison in the general election. Bushworld will have to deal with Walker somehow. If he loses his bid for reelection as governor in Wisconsin, that’ll do it, but no one expects him to. How do you destroy him on the launch pad?
    When push comes to shove, I think the GOP establishment in the tea-party era regards its first and most important duty to be stopping conservative candidates in the primary. Partly that’s because they think ideologues can’t win a national election, partly it’s because they fear the diminution of their own power if someone like Paul becomes president, and partly it’s because I think they’d feel more comfortable with center-leftists like the Clintons, who won’t do anything “unpredictable,” than they would with GOP wild cards like Paul or Cruz. If you want to stop Jeb, you need to give them a better centrist alternative. Thanks to Bridgegate, there probably isn’t one — although maybe Walker, betting that tea partiers won’t turn on him after winning the war over labor in Wisconsin, will position himself ostentatiously as a centrist for the presidential race. And if you want them to support a right-wing nominee in the general, in the unlikely event that we end up with a right-wing nominee, you need the left to nominate an “unpredictable” liberal so that they can embrace the GOP nominee as the lesser of two evils. Elizabeth Warren would fit the bill. But that’s probably not happening either.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/0...e-the-nominee/

Hillary Clinton vs. Jeb Bush: Who would you vote for?

Thursday, Apr 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM EDT

On radio this morning, Glenn considered the possibility of a 2016 general election between former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton versus former Florida Governor Jeb Bush. While that particular pairing would undoubtedly be progressivism’s dream team, Glenn believes it would result in very few people turning out at the polls. Who would you vote for? Would you vote at all?

Video at the Page Link:

To begin, Glenn asked listeners to picture themselves in August 2016 – and it is not a pretty picture.
    “We are coming up on the election… we may be on the brink of real war. Russia is maybe threatening Poland. Things are really starting to fall apart. Things are getting bad in the Middle East… We have more suffering in the United States. Your insurance policies are still going through the roof. The government has no real answer for you. The dollar is getting weaker and weaker. Our debt is now over $21 trillion,” Glenn explained. “And your choice is Hillary Rodham Clinton or Jeb Bush. Who do you vote for? Which one? Honestly. Do you think there is a soul that is getting up and saying, ‘I am so motivated’?”
    Glenn, Pat, and Stu were hard pressed to think how anyone would be enthused to cast a vote for another Clinton or Bush. With a combined 20 years in the White House as president of the United States, these two families are political royalty.
    Another killer progressive combination would be New Jersey Governor Chris Christie against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. Fortunately, Cuomo is still relatively unknown outside of the northeast and Christie’s true colors have emerged.
    “Okay, so we have Hillary or Jeb. Hillary or Chris Christie. Hillary or Marco Rubio,” Glenn said. “I don’t even get up to [vote]. It’s Election Day. I don’t care. If those are your two choices, I am campaigning for a libertarian… I’m campaigning for a third party.”
    So what races would Glenn be excited about? Any candidate that is able to find a way to incite fear in both the left and right will be able to unite a large portion of the American people.
    “If it’s Hillary or Rand Paul, I’m getting in the car and I am voting for Rand Paul. If it’s Hillary and Ted Cruz, I’m voting for Ted Cruz,” Glenn concluded. “I don’t think anyone will go to the polls for the Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush. If those are your two candidates, you watch the turnout. It will be one of the lowest turnouts in American history.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/04/03/...-you-vote-for/

2016 Republican Presidential Hopefuls & Their Advisors : Freedom Outpost http://ow.ly/vJ2Y1

2016 Republican Presidential Hopefuls & Their Advisors - Freedom Outpost

It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains. Patrick Henry Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....

FREEDOM OUTPOST