Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NORTH CAROLINA Big DMV surprise coming

Big DMV surprise coming
    New, renewed driver’s licenses will only be mailed to your home
    Barry Smith
    January 5, 2008 - 9:01PM

RALEIGH — In a little less than six months, North Carolina motorists going to the DMV to get a new driver’s license or to renew their old one could be in for a surprise.

Beginning July 1, motorists will no longer get their diver’s license on the spot. Instead, they’ll be issued a 20-day certificate to drive. Identification documents that you provided to the DMV will be scanned in and officials in Raleigh will review them for their authenticity. If everything turns out OK, your driver’s license will be mailed to your physical address. Post office box addresses won’t be accepted.

“It’s a way to make your driver’s license is compliant with the requirements of the Real ID Act,â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I just renewed my California license by internet. One of the requirements was that your home address had not changed, and they will mail my new license to my home.

Beats standing in line.

R/ Skip

Driver License Internet Renewal
    In order to process your renewal, you must:

Be the person named on the renewal notice
    Not have a change of address
    Have a renewal notice with the Renewal Identification Number (RIN)
    Have your social security number available
    IMPORTANT: If you change your address using the online change of address process, you cannot use the driver license renewal by Internet process.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/dlrbi/dl_top2.htm

I'm trying to think how it is done in TExas. The last time, I waited too long to renew by mail and had to go to an office to get mine renewed.

My husband also went to the office last time and refused to give them his SS#. Big squawk. He kept telling her he wasn't retiring, just getting his license renewed. He likes to pull his 'old fogey' routine, complete with glasses on the end of his nose. The line was backing up, she called out a DPS officer and he suggested she renew his license. The line clapped.

The time before that, we were going to be out of state when mine expired and I wanted to renew early. That threw them for a loop - I finally made them understand.

Then you should have seen the near stroke she had when I told her I only had a PO box for an address - or she could consider the interstate system my address as I would be living in a motorhome, travelling, for the next few years.

She finally gave me a receipt - but she cut the corner off my old - but non expired - DL. Also, I got a big warning that if I had two unexpired DL in my posssession, it was a $10K fine. Wonder how that squares with the illegals who have several???

I guess laws only apply and only are enforced against those who will obey them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    I just renewed my California license by internet. One of the requirements was that your home address had not changed, and they will mail my new license to my home.

Beats standing in line.

R/ Skip

IMPORTANT: If you change your address using the online change of address process, you cannot use the driver license renewal by Internet process.

"I just renewed my California license by internet. One of the requirements was that your home address had not changed, and they will mail my new license to my home.

Beats standing in line."

However, it makes it VERY easy for the illegals to get one!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip

Beats standing in line.

R/ Skip

"I just renewed my California license by internet. One of the requirements was that your home address had not changed, and they will mail my new license to my home.

Beats standing in line."

However, it makes it VERY easy for the illegals to get one!!!
    Not if they do not have a permanent address (4 years or more)

R/ Skip

As long as I can remember CA mails the DL. About 8 years ago I got a letter from DMV that they were not mailing my DL because there was a problem with my SS#. I assumed it had to do with my getting remarried. I couldn't understand what SS# had to do with my DL, after all I had a DL for 30 years. I stormed the DMV with my outrage - I wanted to know what would happen if I was pulled over by a police officer, they said I had a valid DL, they just wouldn't give it to me until it was straightened out, to have the police run it through Sacramento, I made them give me a print out which stated I had a DL that it was just being witheld which I kept with my expired DL. It took them over a year to figure out that they had transposed the last two numbers on my SS#.

Now if I was not a white American I guess I could have screamed racism.

Another thing about this whole driver's license bs is the connection between your driver's license used for identification and voting.

I don't know about other states, but here in CA the last time I received an application to renew my DL in the mail a voter registration form was included! The pro illegal driver's license people want to give illegals DLs because then they can get away with voting even if they are illegal.

When I went to vote for President last time (geez that's seems like a LONG time ago) I had not gotten around to registering, so my name was not on their list. They asked me for some ID, and all it took was showing my driver's license and they let me vote. For all they knew I might have just crawled over the border. (Oh except I spoke English...)

You don't have to have a DL to vote here in CA. I spoke to some poll workers that I know and they said they are not supposed to ask for ID, just to make sure they ask if they need an English or Spanish ballot.

In Florida you have to be a resident to renew your driver's license on line. If you are on a visa or are a Canadian you get a driver's license that is good for one year and you must renew it in person. That means you must provide evidence that you are here legally. When it comes to Canadians you only need a Canadian driver's license and passport as many elderly come down here for the winter. A Florida license helps them when they are here 6 month out of the year. If your visa runs out the last day on the visa is when your driver's license expires even though by law you have 60 days afterwards which you must leave. They will only renew it when you have immigration documents and then it is only for one year and has temporary written on it in red capital letters. They are very strict as I have noticed. I have witnessed illegals attempt to get driver's licenses and leave with out one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Geez that's even more frightening. So what's to guarantee that only American citizens are deciding the next President?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast