Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Frying the RFID will not remove your biometrics and personal information from a database that will make you more vulnerable to id theft.
    Frying the RFID will render it useless. I worked in electronic warfare for the U.S. Navy during my time in. Microwaves will fry the RFID, and the "database" that it has on it. The database consist of a micro thin layer of foil with connecting circuits that store your information. Put a piece of foil in the microwave for even 2-3 seconds and it's toast.

Use caution when you do it, as it will "ignite" leaving a scortch mark. To combat this, place your drivers license between 2 damp pieces of either cloth or paper towel. Not dripping wet, but yet very damp. It will limit the scortching effect, and will kill the RFID chip.

RFID is very easy to hack, that was a huge concern when I saw the tap and go for Visa. I said to my girlfriend that I could make an RFID reader, have my laptop at a star bucks and walk away a millionare. Yes I work in / with Linux. Very versatile operating system, can be made to work / run on just about anything that has a processor.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Hapexamendios,
    I was referring to the database on the RFID, I was referring to teh one at the DMV. It is true the Microwave will short out an rfid in just a few seconds and completely destroy it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Hapexamendios,
    I was referring to the database on the RFID, I was referring to teh one at the DMV. It is true the Microwave will short out an rfid in just a few seconds and completely destroy it.

Very true, why we should NEVER give them that information. Unfortunately it makes it extremely hard to live in our society without giving certain people the information that they created so that we can function.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Hey everyone-

I think microwaving can be effective on a card by card basis. If you are worried that it may be detectable or done incorrectly, there is a radio-frequency blocking wallet you can get that can carry multiple cards. I mention this because you never know where these mat show up. It's only $20:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/8cdd/?cpg=cj

More comfortable than aluminum foil in your pants.

There's some seriously scary stuff out there in the world -- from bird flu and terrorism to depleting our planet of natural resources. There's not a lot that the average person can do about much of the things that may keep us up at night. Luckily, there's one scary prospect on the horizon that we can help with -- and it doesn't require lining your pants with aluminum foil! Aren't you lucky?

Imagine if you will, some of these possible real-life scenarios:

A shadowy character crouches unseen in the bushes. He doesn't have a gun or a knife, but he has a laptop. He watches as his prey walks by. Invisible radio waves emitting from the credit-card in his wallet get picked up by the laptop, recorded, and saved onto a cloned card. For all intents and purposes, this man becomes you, and has decided to go shopping.

Or maybe he picked up the passkey that lets you into your office building. With ease, he can now walk into your secure office building and steal your company's equipment. The next morning, security guards are waiting in your cube to have a chat.

The nightmare scenario was brought forth recently - a bomb lies waiting in a garbage can. Sensitive electronics read the identification cards and passports of the people who walk by, waiting until somebody of your nationality comes close...

It's a scary world out there. Credit card companies and governments are putting RFID chips in your cards and identification, sometimes without your knowledge. Protect yourself and your money with a wallet that specifically inhibits those radio frequencies from escaping until you pull your card out. Did we mention you don't need to put foil in your pants? It's important to us that you know that you do NOT have to put foil in your pants. Very important. No foil. In your pants... none... zip... nada.

The DIFRwearR RFID Blocking Wallet is a high-quality leather billfold with a built in Faraday cage to block RFID transmissions. It has room for six credit cards, your cash, business cards and your ID. Don't get caught unprotected.

I spoke to Rep Jim Guest and he says he is trying to get together with as many members of the US Congress and Senate and that we should call our members of congress and senate and tell them to meet with Jim Guest in regards to this Real ID.

Rep. Jim Guest can be reached at 660-483-0900

If you call Jim Guest yourself, you best be ready to make a donation to his cause. He has been putting every dime he can into fighting the REAL ID.

His email address is jimoguest@msn.com

his web site is www.legislatorsagainstrealid.com
    or www.jimguest.com

GET MAD CALL YOUR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS AND MEMBERS OF THE SENATE and TELL THEM TO CONTACT REP GUEST and HAVE A MEETING WITH HIM ASAP!!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

BTT

Katherine Albrecht of Caspian Newsletter is very informed on the RFD, and other stuff, such as how the grocery store chains track our purchases when we use their shopper cards to save money.

She's a lawyer adamant about people's right to privacy.

Politech is another good one for letting you know what the government is trying to do. Very informative, not just for the tech stuff but real life stuff.

Electronic Frontier is another place that supports our privacy online, etc.

All are good for keeping informed on different privacy issues developing.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/Jan/23/federal-license-standards-losing-steam/
    NO AMNESTY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast