Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is not the end of DREAM

See the attached. We have to remain vigilant:

This weekend's vote on the DREAM Act was a disappointment. Republicans voted against a measure to give folks who are American in everything but their legal status an opportunity through military service or education.

I'll be blunt: this vote failed because a group of Republicans stood with their party, instead of their principles.

Senator John McCain cosponsored the DREAM Act in 2003, 2005, and 2007. But this weekend, he voted against it.

Senator Chuck Grassley cosponsored the DREAM Act in 2003 -- and voted against it this weekend.

Neither of them were alone -- there are five Republican senators who have voted for the DREAM Act in the past decade, but failed to support it on Saturday.

We need to send a clear message to the Republicans that none of us are going away -- that we will continue to fight. That's why we're asking people who support the DREAM Act to call the GOP leaders and express their disappointment -- and to tell them to stop playing politics with immigration reform.

Call Representative Boehner at (202) 225-6205 and Senator McConnell at (202) 224-2541 today.

When President Obama was in the Senate, he was a cosponsor of the DREAM Act. It remains a major priority for him today.

And OFA supporters like you -- along with advocates across the country -- have done the important organizing work in our communities to build support for this crucial measure.

But the fight ahead of us will be difficult.

Prominent Republicans have come out against birthright citizenship, fought for English-only laws, and generally moved their party toward greater levels of extremism.

With the House under Republican control in the next Congress, we need to make it clear that we will stand strong for an America built on hard work, fairness, and equality -- not one ruled by xenophobia and fear.

This fight isn't over -- and when it comes up in the next Congress, we need to be on the record saying that Republicans can't hold reform hostage to political games.

Let's start by telling that to the Republican leaders today. Will you call Representative Boehner at (202) 225-6205 and Senator McConnell at (202) 224-2541?

Thanks for fighting,

Mitch

Mitch Stewart
    Director
    Organizing for America

Banned
    And we will counter that.
    McCain! Arizona is watching him and he knows it. We make sure
    they all know.
    I would bet some staffers recognize your voice.
    Thats a great thing.

Yeh and I am sending my shame on you emails to the senators that voted for the Dream Act.

"Organizing for America is a community organizing project of the Democratic National Committee.[1][2][3] Founded after the presidential inauguration of Barack Obama, the group seeks to mobilize supporters in favor of Obama's legislative agenda".

Don't know why any Republican would listen to these guys.

I went to their website and this is run out of the White House!! Talk about dictatorship!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No thanks.. I wont call. But I'll keep callingThe rest of the Rinos and make sure that they wont betray us.

People are beginning to wake up and smell the coffee! That's why those senators who used to support it don't anymore, they got tired of giving!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

The Dream Act Bill

I see most Democrat Senators in the State of Virginia voted for "The Dream Act" this type of actions will be remembered by many citizens. Job losses to illegal aliens in the State of Virginia is becoming a major problem, with very little justice for employers who employ illegal aliens. Laws against illegal immigration must be enforced through all actions of Law Enforcements, otherwise this Country will soon become a second Mexico.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Welcome Pisces_2010 put your seatbelt on cause it's a rough ride, long as we get there!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Welcome Pisces_2010 put your seat-belt on cause it's a rough ride, long as we get there!
    We must stand together and support each other, we will achieve our goal! My "seat-belt is on very tight."
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Welcome Pisces_2010 put your seat-belt on cause it's a rough ride, long as we get there!
    We must stand together and support each other, we will achieve our goal! My "seat-belt is on very tight."
    Oh yeah, pick it up and run forward. This place expects no less.
    Pisces_2010 Welcome to anti-illegal- immigration h....e....aven. or hell.
    We like to win, we get pissy when we don't.
    Seriously it is only America we fight for. So your in the fight?
    If so Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast