Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Not for profits...?

I don't know about you but how come whenever I see a free coat program for kids or other handouts here in Denver...more often then not the people are a "Hernandez, Martinez or Gomez..." Really! I often ask myself.....ILLEGALS or Legals? At my local Aurora, Colorado library there were applications for Habit For Humanity houses. In Spanish NOT English....how much of donated funds to Red Cross or whomever goes to illegals.......?

If I donate in the future it will go to one group...the minutemen!

Gee thanks Jack.

To bad we didnt make your Christmas card list lol

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While installing some equipment in a barrio liquor/food store in Stockton, CA last year, I left the store for home around 2o am. I drove past the Salvation Army building, and our front was about 11 south americans rummaging through a huge pile of clothes outside. They were sifting through the stuff hellaciously. I don't want to know what that place looks like in the morning, but it is apparrent that Salvation Army has less regard for their nieghborhood than the other businesses there.
    The Church of the Latter Day Saints recently built a thrift store, and a labor center in one area of town that has been hispanicizing for a few years now. We have a day labor center on the streets now that rivals any you have previously seen photos of. I gotta wonder how long it will be before some non profit wants to take them under their wing.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

I voluntered at a food bank back in Northern Va. for three years. The first year I was there, 2 or 3 out of 10 recepients were hispanic. By the time I moved three years later, 7 or 8 receipients out of 10 were hispanic, speaking no english. They were looking for bi-lingual volunteers and had no need for english speaking volunters

In the late 1990's, I started going to the largest and richest Church in our once small but rapidly growing town in NC (rapid growth mostly hispanic from what I can tell) because some good friends were members and had invited me and my children several times. I remember numerous times donating stuff, usually canned goods to the Churches' food pantry and an occasional used clothing item to the clothing closet. I remember hearing a member or two who were familiar with the operations of the pantry and closet saying that many of the "poor" who used them were hispanic rather than poor black or white Americans. At this time and unaware of the issues of illegal immigration and not knowing any better, one time a friend from this Church told me church members were getting together to buy groceries for a new Mexican family in town and would I like to volunteer to buy some items on a list. Not knowing any better, I purchased approximately $10-15 just for this one family including specific items listed such as a large bag of dried pintos, masa harina to make tortillas, specialty Mexican products, etc.

I was a volunteer in our town with a Girl Scout Troop for four years and during this time while my oldest daughter participated I remember charitable activities such as X-mas gifts purchased by troop members for American poor families and a canned food drive for victims of a Hurricane that devasted many in coastal North Carolina, but I don't recall specifically being asked to help out one Mexican family. I wonder if the Girl Scouts have changed since my daughter and I quit in 2001? Perhaps now troop leaders and cookie monsters must learn to speak Spanish, and give, give and give to illegals instead of Americans! I cannot imagine having to speak Spanish while a volunteer at a cookie booth sale!

Cut to the early 2000's and I was forced to sell my home because of a divorce that I didn't initiate, the home historic, large, a fixer-upper that we poured thousands of dollars into for almost a decade, and located on one of the main streets in town. I had some yard sales with the help of friends who were able to profit too because of the great in-town location of my home with its' front street location and very wide front porch. Prior, yard sales weren't my thing because they are a hassle and I preferred to get rid of my crap by calling the Veteran's Adm. or Goodwill who were willing to pick-up, but these times I needed the extra money by selling off our discarded crap. Guess who were the most obnoxious haggler's over prices? You guessed it, our growing hispanic population who were abundant at the yard sales. Besides the most frequent takers of the "free to good home" piles of broken/used appliances and very used and paint-stained clothing and other mostly useless items (hey- I'm not really complaining here because I was happy someone would take these items off my hands so I didn't have to cart them to a dump), I recall some very obnoxious people who haggled very ruthlessly over saving a dollar or even 50 cents. It wasn't worth the hassle really so I gave in but believe I already listed cheap prices.

Perhaps this is the reality of yard sales - I don't know - not that I wouldn't like to go to some it's just that I don't do early mornings on weekends if I can avoid it, and this is the best time to attend yard sales.

I remember in the late 1990's at that home on a main street, then hubby and I heard a noise outside our front door. He went outside to check and almost peed his pants while almost tripping over a supposedly drunk hispanic man who passed out on our front porch. He saw the man then staggering down the street and he called the police. At least my family is fortunate this is the worst incident, yet - at least it wasn't a DWI who ran into us with his vehicle.

When I had to sell my home and a few friends were helping me move out, one of them told me there was a man at my front door asking if I had any free furniture. The man was hispanic and had his kids in tow. I told him no - that I didn't have any free furniture. I'm not ready for the poor house but am much poorer now than a few years ago and believe I could actually qualify for various welfare if I applied. Still, I cannot imagine walking up to someone's home even while they are moving and asking if they can give me some free furniture. I'd rather go to the nearest city downtown, live as a bag lady and feed at a soup kitchen rather than go up to a stranger's home and beg for freebies. Of course, if I or my children were starving, I would ask for free food, but I cannot ever imagine asking for free furniture and especially not from a stranger.

By the way, the largest and richest church in town I mentioned at the beginning of this post hires a landscaping company whose employees are mostly hispanic at least twice that I've seen them working. Don't our teenagers and college students need these types of landscaping maintenance jobs to earn money for college tuition, vehicles, car insurance, etc., not to mention many out-of-work American citizens need any job they can get? Being underemployed is usually better than being unemployed.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

This reminds me of the small minded fool on khow am here in Denver. The name of the clone is Dan Caplis. He made a remark that I hadn't heard but from one friend of mine, 5 or 6 years ago. He made mention about how you never see illegals (and then he expanded it to Hispanics in general) standing on the corners with hand-out signs. Well the fact is I have seen them here in Denver, at Speer and Broadway to be specific. He was saying that it is always White or Black people.

Well my response to him was to the effect of “illegals take the lower income jobs that these poor men HAD� “These poor men do not house with 20 people, and they have a family to support, with the illegals being pimped and driving DOWN the wage in their field they can’t afford to support their family!�

I am still waiting for a response
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

ALIPAC is a good place to donate too!

Rakishoner, Dan Caplis is going to be more sympathetic to our cause about illegals than that squeeky voiced fellow on the with him.....Caplis should visit the health clinic in Aurora, Colorado 300 yards from where my daughter goes to preschool. All Hispanic women and their kiddies there in this health clinic and the Salvation Army has a thrift store right next to it.......every time I go by this place I only see Hispanics Spanish speakers....