Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Noticed Something Strange Today...

I've been going to McDonald's for a while. Yet today, I noticed something different: actual local Americans working behind the counter and in the kitchen...I was shocked. Have you noticed the same in your neck of the woods? If this is a pattern nationwide, then something is going on. I've seen this on two stores actually. Very unusual. Typically they have a ton of "foreigners" in the kitchen, their English speaking representatives at the drive through and sometimes an American guy running the shop.

I was just telling my mom the same thing. The only fast food place you could go to that hired American YOUNG men and women was In N Out. Now, I can even order and the person on the other side of the mic does not have a strong accent. There are still cooks that are hispanic, but the people that work the counters are not, unless they speak gooooooooood English. Darn, now I won't get free meals because of all the complaints I have made. LOL

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Our local McDonalds, nope, not yet. The manager barely speaks English, and her entire crew is Hispanic, and to boot, used my debit card at this McDonalds, at the drive thru, and had a fraud debit post to my account within days, fortunately it was a small "phishing" debit, where they tried it for a few dollars but the encoding was for a part of the metro area I have never been in, and I keep track of my account, so caught it before they could do any damage. Someone had to have access to their system and machines to have it come through as from "McDonalds" although the address used was a residence. This actually happened twice to us (my husband used it once too), both at the same one.

We do not go there often, and when we used to go and be at the counter, we would try to use the debit machines on the counter, and they would tell us you could not use your pin, so they would have to run it in their register machine as a credit, last time we were in there I asked, the guy tried to tell me "no" I could not use the debit (he said they did not have access to the debit/pin system) I made a loud remark about how I would then go elsewhere because the last two times they ran my card as a credit/debit, someone got access to my account. Funny thing, next time we went in with cash, someone in front of me was using the pin debit machine.....

Sorry, your post made me think of this.

Back to this, yes, some have started to move towards American workers, and long ago caved to having Americans (whose first language is English) working the drive thru. Our local Dairy Queen has only local American kids working there, it's great!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Funny that you happened to bring this up. Today I was at McDonalds and was watching these two little kids that kept asking the girls behind the counter how to put on some sort of tatoo. I heard the girl ask them where there parents were (I think she was afraid the kids parents might object). Anyway the kids said there parents didn't speak or read English. So the girls helped them. All I can say is that everyone that was working seemed to be young and speaking beautiful sounding English.

At my local McD's American kids can't get hired unless they're bilingual. Not so for illegals who may speak Spanish only.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I haven't gone to Micky D's or BK in over a year because of work force. I'll have to stop in now to see if it has changed here.

I highly doubt it though.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    If this is happening, it's a good thing. All employees should speak English in public, even the lower paid help.

Noticed it at our local Taco Bell a few months ago.
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves