Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Numbersusa Alert

Date: Monday 13JUN2011 1:30 p.m. EDT

OK, MORE LIKE 'THE CLOSEST THING TO A MAGIC BULLET'

BILL TO REMOVE THE JOB MAGNET FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
    STARTS PROCESS FOR MOVING THROUGH THE HOUSE TOMORROW

Your Role In Making Sure This Becomes
    Law THIS YEAR Starts TODAY

This alert for you to send free faxes to Congress and the President is different from any we've ever sent before.

Why? Because this is NOT about building support for some day taking away all legitimate jobs from illegal aliens. This is about a bill we expect will be introduced tomorrow by the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee with every intent for it to be on the President's desk later this year.

The House Subcommittee on Immigration will hold a hearing on the bill Wednesday.

The full Judiciary Committee could be "marking up" and voting through a bill in just a few weeks.

How fast all of this moves through the House and toward the Senate depends on every bit of timely and continuous support that a mobilized citizenry can exhibit.

ACTION -- Send free faxes today: Click to go to your Action Board to send free faxes that have been prepared for you to signal to federal officials that the nation is watching and expects urgent response.

All of you will find an opening fax to the President. Most of you will find faxes to Representatives who will have special influence over the process this week and the next few weeks.

Judiciary Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) has assembled legislation that draws upon every mandatory E-Verify bill that you and we have supported through the years. That includes a bi-partisan bunch of bills by Rep. Shuler (D-N.C.), Rep. Carter (R-Texas), Rep. DeFazio (D-Oregon), Rep. Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.) and Sen. Pryor (D-Ark.)

When Chairman Smith introduces his E-Verify bill on Tuesday, it will likely represent a complexity of elements that will be the toughest enforcement that the Chairman believes can pass not only the U.S. House of Representatives but the U.S. Senate.

The goal is to start putting millions of unemployed Americans back to work by early next year.

YOUR VICTORIES IN THE STATES GOT US TO THIS POINT
    -- BUSINESS LOBBIES NOW WANT A NATIONAL E-VERIFY

One of the reasons that we have a real chance to finally require every employer in America to use E-Verify is that most of the business lobbies no longer are the biggest enemies of the process.

For 15 years, the business lobbies have successfully fought us and prevented mandatory E-Verify.

But at the Wednesday hearing, two national business lobbies are scheduled to testify in favor of the Chairman's bill!

That is a political shift of epic proportions. How did it happen? Here are the key elements:
    You have worked with us and others to succeed in passing some kind of E-Verify law in 14 states.

The U.S. Supreme Court just gave a green light to states requiring E-Verify for new hires (NumbersUSA had an amicus in that case).

At least a dozen more states are now lined up to pass their own E-Verify law in the next year, now that the question of court suits has been resolved.

The nation's business communities have realized that even though they had stopped Congress from mandating E-Verify, they are now facing potentially hundreds of different E-Verify laws in states, counties and cities across the land. This violates their desire for uniformity in rules.
    We have always said that when we achieved mandates in enough states so that more than a quarter of all new hires were having to go through E-Verify, the business lobbies would decide they would rather have a national mandate.

Combined with our victory in persuading Pres. Obama to mandate E-Verify for all federal contractors, the tipping point has occurred.

And sure enough, business groups are ready to join your side. After all, most businesses don't hire illegal aliens, anyway. The industries that specialize in illegal hiring are now just going to have to suck it up and obey the law and hire Americans to fill their jobs.

THIS IS CULMINATION OF A 15-YEAR MARCH

This introduction of a bill is not a little grab for publicity by Lamar Smith, who took over the powerful chairmanship in January.

He was chairman of the immigration subcommittee of Judiciary back in 1995-96 when he tried to move a mandatory E-Verify bill through the House. He narrowly lost that effort. If he had won in 1996, I have no doubt that millions of jobs currently held by illegal aliens would be filled by Americans who instead are unemployed.

Chairman Smith believes the times has finally come to do what every serious person acknowledges has to be done to stop most illegal immigration -- take away the jobs magnet with a mandatory electronic verification system.

Even Pres. Obama agrees. His reluctance is just that he wants to give an amnesty to current illegal aliens at the same time as turning off the jobs magnet for future illegal aliens.

Your faxes today -- and your faxes and phone calls in succeeding weeks -- must help all politicians know that now is not the time for bargaining away unemployed Americans' chance for a job.

Start heating up the fax machines in Congress today for a clean bill that makes every U.S. job available only to Americans and legal immigrant workers already here.

We'll send you the details of the Chairman's Bill tomorrow as soon as we have them for release.

This is as close to a magic bullet as there is on the illegal immigration issue.

Most people with responsibility for protecting our borders will tell you that they'll never really slow the traffic across the borders as long as it is easy for illegal aliens to get jobs.

Pass a bill like this, and we'll find the majority of the illegal immigration problem starts to disappear.

LET'S GET STARTED ON OUR VICTORY RUN. FAX TODAY!

I did not see this posted anywhere,,,, Been out working to support my fair share of Illegals and Anchor Babies. Just been called back to work after 12 weeks of lay off. Just thought I would post quickly ,, need to get my faxing done and get some rest so I can go work for them and myself again , I know they are running low on beans and rice since I have been off.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/

"Done and Done!" Rand Paul has a B- at numbersusa (new)
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Done!

working4change
    Start heating up the fax machines in Congress today for a clean bill that makes every U.S. job available only to Americans and legal immigrant workers already here
    done!

April
    Full Deployment needed here! Please HELP!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1235438.html#1235438