Like Tree3Likes

Thread: NumbersUsa Alert Religious Groups Seek Amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    working4change

NumbersUsa Alert Religious Groups Seek Amnesty

Focus on the Family & 100 other evangelical leaders declare national effort to train those in pew to vote for pro-amnesty candidates

From Roy Beck

ACTION 1: Watch our webcast or video replay

NumbersUSA.tv

Watch live at 3:30-4:00 p.m. EDT today (Thursday) . . .

. . . or watch the replay any time over the next week.

We analyze the official statements and show you short clips from the evangelical leaders' press conference in D.C. that reveal the coordinated campaign to indoctrinate and activate tens of millions of evangelicals to cast votes in favor of pro-amnesty candidates.
    ACTION 2: Take our religion-interest survey & send fax

www.NumbersUSA.com/actionbuffet

If you haven't taken the religion-interest survey that you will see at the top of your Action Board, please indicate any affiliation you have so you will see any faxes in the future that you can send to your own religious leaders about immigration political activism. Unfortunately, most national religious organizations of every kind now support amnesties even though polls show that no religion's membership has majority support for amnesty.

The key logical, factual, ethical and moral errors of this latest group of 100 evangelical leaders are:
    They oppose deportation of people who break into the country illegally or who lie and cheat by overstaying their visas. As the late, great civil rights champion Barbara Jordan said, there is no credibility in an immigration system in which violators are not deported.
    These religious leaders believe that honoring the "rule of law" means that immigration violators "make restitution" such as paying a fine but they get to steal the citizenship and jobs that they broke the law to obtain.
    They show zero recognition that immigration laws were designed to protect "the least of these," the members of a national community who are most vulnerable in terms of unemployment and wages. They mistakenly believe that Jesus' command to care for "the least of these" means that they should reward immigration lawbreakers and make economically hurting Americans suffer more -- although I see no sign that any of them has ever struggled with this concept.

NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels

Banned
    So glad I'm an atheist. If I did believe in God I'd be pretty conflicted knowing that religious institutions are by and large behaving in such deplorable ways starting with the Catholic institution and now this. I'm sorry, but it just pisses me off how believers give free passes to their religious institutions all across this country and world. You have these so called religious leaders going about it their way and why are they leaders? Who voted for them??

*Was really angry when I posted and edited out some words.

Constitutionally-Challenged Administration Unleashes Amnesty Fraud Machine

By Van Esser, Friday, June 15, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT

Perhaps I’m missing something but I can’t find a provision of the US Constitution that authorizes a president to act because he/she just can’t wait for Congress.

The Obama Administration must have found the language. Otherwise, the new administrative amnesty-in-place for illegal aliens under the age of 31 would be considered an extra-constitutional directive by fiat.

"Today, in an unconstitutional move, President Obama thwarted the will of Congress and shunned the 20 million under and unemployed Americans by announcing he will grant work permits to 2-3 million illegal workers. Congress on three occasions rejected DREAM Act amnesties in part to protect unemployed workers born here or who came here legally," said Roy Beck, NumbersUSA CEO and Founder.

I think you have to maintain a sense of humor in dealing with the Obama crew. If you don't, their blatant attempts to undermine the nation’s constitutional order and separation of powers will drive you nuts.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas), however, is not at all amused by the Obama administration’s announcement. In a statement, he said:
    President Obama’s decision to grant amnesty to potentially millions of illegal immigrants is a breach of faith with the American people. It also blatantly ignores the rule of law that is the foundation of our democracy. This huge policy shift has horrible consequences for unemployed Americans looking for jobs and violates President Obama’s oath to uphold the laws of this land.

President Obama’s amnesty only benefits illegal immigrants, not Americans, and is a magnet for fraud. Many illegal immigrants will falsely claim they came here as children and the federal government has no way to check whether their claims are true. And once these illegal immigrants are granted deferred action, they can then apply for a work permit, which the Administration routinely grants 90% of the time.

How can the Administration justify allowing illegal immigrants to work in the U.S. when millions of Americans are unemployed? President Obama and his administration once again have put partisan politics and illegal immigrants ahead of the rule of law and the American people. With this track record, it’s looking more likely that even President Obama may lose his job in this economy when Americans go to the polls this November.

The media immediately compared the Administration’s decision to the DREAM Act, and rightfully so. The criteria are almost identical. Brought here before the age of 16. Capped in the 30-something age range. No serious history of felonies. Work privileges. And other feckless criteria that will not stop the inevitable fraud by eager illegal aliens.

Congress repeatedly refused to pass the DREAM Act, but President Obama decided he just couldn’t wait. So Administration attorneys ginned up a plan to implement the DREAM Act on its own. A Get-Out-Of-Deportation-Free-Card that can be renewed indefinitely. Just no citizenship.

In April, President Obama said this about the health care law "I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress." But he thinks it's okay to overstep the democratically-elected Congress that voted down the DREAM Act on three separate occasions?

The Administration doesn’t want us to worry about the fraud machine it just unleashed. They say that, “Only those individuals who can prove through verifiable documentation that they meet these criteria will be eligible for deferred action.” Right. There isn’t much of a fake ID market in the U.S. anyway.

Also that,” Individuals will not be eligible if they are not currently in the United States and cannot prove that they have been physically present in the United States for a period of not less than 5 years immediately preceding today’s date.” Uh-huh. The coyotes will have people waiting in line within hours to sneak across the border. And don’t be surprised if there is a sudden interest in visiting the U.S. via plane by people who never want to leave.

Yes, the President has created one humdinger of a fraud machine now. And we thought that he couldn’t top “prosecutorial discretion.” Ha!

We at NumbersUSA are wasting no time in fighting this action by fiat. Please look for a phone note and faxes on your Action Board. Some in Congress are already weighing in but we need as many congressional Republicans and Democrats as possible speaking out against the action. Since the DHS budget is still under consideration, we’ll need language added that prohibits the Administration from using funds to implement this action never authorized by Congress.

VAN ESSER is the Manager, Membership Services for NumbersUSA

NumbersUSA's blogs are copyrighted and may be republished or reposted only if they are copied in their entirety, including this paragraph, and provide proper credit to NumbersUSA. NumbersUSA bears no responsibility for where our blogs may be republished or reposted.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You would THINK that any evangelical Christian organization would know its Bible, that the Bible says that God created nations with borders...and it's a violation of our God-given right to exist when we are bombarded with legal and illegal people who hate us, refuse to assimilate and speak our language, and are determined to see this nation become a carbon copy of the ones they left to come here!!

I notice they have an "en espanol" section now....it's obvious their talk of American patriotism is a bunch of bunk.

Perhaps they should rename their organization, "Focus on the Ferals' Families".....

As I recall, Jesus said "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's"

Last time I looked the borders belonged to Caesar.

P.S. With regard to Googler's comment about believers giving the churches and religious institutions a free pass, I am a believer and I DON'T give the churches and religious institutions a free pass. Those organizations suffer from the same vulnerabilities and weaknesses that all organizations, institutions, and governments suffer from. They are run by people. And people can be misled. Misguided. Bribed. Bought. Blinded by ambition, muted by greed,. Self-aggrandizing. Arrogant. PARADOXICALLY, it is because of these shortcomings we have religions. But it is not advisable to turn your brain off at the church door because religion can be used to advance other agendas than simply keeping us folks on the straight and narrow and saving our souls. Just ask your nearest Jihadist.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    As I recall, Jesus said "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's"

Last time I looked the borders belonged to Caesar.

P.S. With regard to Googler's comment about believers giving the churches and religious institutions a free pass, I am a believer and I DON'T give the churches and religious institutions a free pass. Those organizations suffer from the same vulnerabilities and weaknesses that all organizations, institutions, and governments suffer from. They are run by people. And people can be misled. Misguided. Bribed. Bought. Blinded by ambition, muted by greed,. Self-aggrandizing. Arrogant. PARADOXICALLY, it is because of these shortcomings we have religions. But it is not advisable to turn your brain off at the church door because religion can be used to advance other agendas than simply keeping us folks on the straight and narrow and saving our souls. Just ask your nearest Jihadist.

I'm just saying the Bible has some verses about the nations in general...that God created them with borders...to prove my point that it's our God-given right to have borders. And concerning your statements, I do believe that any earthly government and the Church are two different kingdoms altogether....and I believe alot of Christians out there need to stop listening to their preachers for his/her opinion on who to vote for and start asking God in fasting and prayer instead...and I'm sick of the idea that the Republican party being viewed as the "Party of God"...because the Bible doesn't mention the Republican Party, and Jesus would be in favor of preventing His creation from going extinct, and would have stood against the rich getting richer at the expense of the poor and middle classes getting poorer, and candidates being able to be "bought" by Big Business, for example. (I'm politically "purple", by the way....)

Concerning this thread though, I'm just saying it's ANY nation's God-given right to have borders, from the smallest of nations to the largest of them....that's all I meant.