Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Alert - Save the E-verify system

DEAR FRIENDS,

The most effective government program against illegal immigration is again under attack behind the scenes in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Your NumbersUSA Capitol Hill Team just called me and urged that you pick up a phone this afternoon and help the Hill Team protect the E-Verify program that keeps illegal foreign workers out of U.S. jobs.

Nearly all of you will see on your Action Buffet corkboard a phone action note, and most of you will see a fax action note, to give you talking points and more information.

Please go there now. If you respond to this immediately and don't see the action yet, please check back in a half hour or so. The Action Buffet Team is moving as fast as possible.

A couple of weeks ago, I came to you to stop another attack on E-Verify. Within 24 hours, your phone calls and faxes had been so heavy that the attackers backed off.

But now they are back, battling behind the scenes to weaken the program. Their main point is that they want to re-authorize E-Verify for only three years.

We want it authorized permanently, but will accept a 10-year re-authorization.

The national big business lobbyists are frustrated that there is too much public support for E-Verify right now for them to kill the program. So, they are trying to make sure that they have another chance to kill it or water it down in just three years (when perhaps the public is not paying so much attention).

You may remember that the program was created by Congress in 1996 as a pilot program. It had to be reauthorized every few years until it was completely proven. That time is here again. If Congress doesn't pass a reauthorization by November, it will die, and the 70,000 businesses currently using it will lose their program for ensuring that they aren't hiring illegal workers.

Every month, the list of states, counties and cities that are requiring contractors and others to use E-Verify is growing. The fewer jobs available to illegal aliens, the more illegal aliens who will go back to their home countries.

We continue to hope that E-Verify will be re-authorized before Congress recesses for the summer next week. Your massive sign of support for E-Verify needs to be seen and heard inside the halls of Congress.

THANKS,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just received this as well. Please fax or call. More from Numbers:

Why make this call?

Some members of the House Ways and Means Committee are trying to kill the E-Verify employment verification program at the behest of Big Business. Lobbyists are trying to get the E-Verify program funded for only a further 3 years so they have another chance to weaken it in the near future.

Make a call and remind your Representative (or a Rep. from your state) that the E-Verify program is popular with the American people and it works. Tell him/her that you want an open-ended reauthorization without a sunset and a ten-year reauthorization at a bare minimum.

You are receiving this phone request because a Rep. (or Reps.) from your state is either on the Ways and Means Committee, on the Judiciary Committee, or a member of the House leadership. The Ways and Means and Judiciary Committees are negotiating on what the reauthorization will look like and the House leadership will determine how the reauthorization comes to the floor.

---

Link to Members of House Ways and Means Committee:

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/members.asp
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for posting this Gogo. I rec'd it as well.

Please fax, or even better, call.

I had a call on my action buffet in regards to the Save Act . So i called Senator Nelson . Same old same old with him , one sorry Dem imo . But i cleared up a couple of faxs also from numbers so all in all it was time well spent .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    I had a call on my action buffet in regards to the Save Act . So i called Senator Nelson . Same old same old with him , one sorry Dem imo . But i cleared up a couple of faxs also from numbers so all in all it was time well spent .
    mine too he is not for enforcement only.

Well, all I have to say to him is not one good surgeon would continue to do surgery on a patient that has uncontrollable bleeding. I know because it happened to me. They won't finish the surgery UNTIL that is taken care of. Then you fix the original problem. WELL, this nation has uncontrollable bleeding by illegal immigration. So to say you can fix other issues along with enforcement or without enforcement is ludicrous.

The Pro-Illegal Business lobby is calling the watering down of the E-Verify program an improvement. We need to get on this issue before the opposition does.

From Immigration Works USA (Pro-Illegal Business lobby)

ACTION ALERT

SUPPORT IMPROVEMENTS TO E-VERIFY

The Department of Homeland Security’s electronic employment verification system, E-Verify, is scheduled to expire on November 30, and members of Congress are likely to take action before returning to their districts in August.

The only question is what kind of action. Some want to make E-Verify mandatory for all U.S. businesses, despite the fact that this could make it difficult for millions of U.S.-citizen workers to change jobs. Others would be content simply to reauthorize the program as is, error-ridden databases and all.

Far wiser and more farsighted would be to reauthorize E-Verify as a voluntary program and begin to improve it. The E-Verify Extension and Expansion Act of 2008 would do just that. This will help in the short term to restore the public’s confidence in the immigration system, and it’s an important down payment on the comprehensive reform we seek.

Your representative needs to hear from you! Please click here to send a letter and make your views known.

(Our new service will send a personalized letter directly from you to your member of Congress. You’ll be asked to register first – it’s free and takes less than a minute.)

Calling now. Check your NumbersUSA corkboard for whom to call, or start with members of the House Ways and Means Committee from your state, then others.

Was informed Congressman Issa supports E-Verify.

working4change
    Thanks for posting. I have called mine and faxed.

Thanks sometimes I get a fax later than someone here so I thought we need to get those out.

Calling over and over again.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast