Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    Too bad Roger can't get his old friend Rush to attend--can you imagine the turn out then, but of course that's only a dream!
    Roger fills in for Rush sometimes doesn't he?
    I don't think Rush goes out in public much, the msm would probably be in his face constantly.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Yes, Roger fills in frequently.

Rush did Dan's Bake Sale in Fort Collins, Colorado in the early 90's and drew thousands and thousands of people if I remember correctly---Wikipedia said 80,000 but they must mean 8,000 so it was probably more like 10-15,000.

I'm not happy with Rush lately. He could have much influence on this debate and all I've heard from is a few digs every now and then at Bush and Congress. He was more vocal last time around, but still I felt too reserved on the issue.

If he showed up at this event in any capacity, it would blow the roof off of DC and the pro-amnesty crowd.

Agree, oliver, he doesn't talk about this issue much. I happened to hear him one day, months ago, talk about it like he was surprised it was such an issue. I thought, 'Hello! Where you been Rush?' Guess his thing is going after Dems.
    On second thought, there was a good video put on here at one time that was great re the issue.
    I don't listen to him much except if I'm driving around and looking for a talk radio station that isn't having commercials.
    I agree, it would be a big deal if he attended but I'd be very surprised if he did.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rush Limbaugh on Immigration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Z7g8xOtf4

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Radio hosts to light fire under Congress

Posted: April 3, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Les Kinsolving

© 2007
    On April 23, for three days, Capitol Hill will reverberate nationally – through 37 talk-radio hosts broadcasting to 18 states the anti-illegal-immigration theme: "Hold Their Feet to the Fire."

Network broadcasters Phil Valentine, Lynne Wooley, Steve Mill and Janet Parshall will join such on-air giants as Boston's Howie Carr and San Diego's Roger Hedgecock in opposing illegal-alien amnesty.

I have the honor to join these leaders who will be broadcasting from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. on all three days; with my program, "Uninhibited Radio Free Maryland," on the air of WCBM Baltimore, weeknights 9 to 11 p.m.

The event has been organized by the Federation for American Immigration Reform, or FAIR, whose president, Dan Stein, declared:

(Column continues below)

"Amnesty is a sellout of the American people. Radio talk hosts represent millions of listeners who know that. And their collective voice is a voice that roars. Congress will hear us in April."

This special event will be broadcasting from the Phoenix Park Hotel near Union Station on Capitol Hill.

There will be news conferences and members of the U.S. Senate and House as guests of the assembled talk hosts.

The sponsoring FAIR is a national, nonprofit, public-interest organization of concerned citizens who share a belief in stronger border enforcement, an end to illegal immigration and a reduction of immigration levels consistent with national interests.

FAIR's Washington office noted:

"There's an old expression that if you want to get politicians to see the light, make them feel the heat."

"President Bush is renewing his effort for a guest worker amnesty program with the support of some in the new Democratic congressional leadership."

"In addition to coming to Washington themselves, the radio hosts will be inviting listeners to join them for a week of congressional visits. All 535 members of the House and Senate are slated to receive visits from constituents who will demand that their elected officials reject any legislation that includes a guest worker amnesty."

"FAIR is also urging its members to join this national grass-roots effort in Washington and counter the expected renewed round of illegal-alien marches and boycotts. As spring approaches, the illegal-alien advocacy network is planning a series of public events demanding Congress enact amnesty and open-borders policies. … The public's overwhelming response to last year's illegal-alien marches and boycotts played a critical role in derailing the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill that passed the Senate. And it will be even more critical to stopping amnesty legislation in 2007."

Related special offer:

Get Rep. Tom Tancredo's "In Mortal Danger"

Les Kinsolving hosts a daily talk show for WCBM in Baltimore. His radio commentaries are syndicated nationally. He is White House correspondent for WorldNetDaily. His show can be heard on the Internet 9-11 p.m. Eastern each weekday. Before going into broadcasting, Kinsolving was a newspaper reporter and columnist – twice nominated for the Pulitzer Prize for his commentary.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=54992
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Any chance of getting Glenn Beck to join the party?

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I wonder if the major tv networks with cover it? They should
    It would be great if Lou Dobbs did his show live at the march. It would really be awesome if he spoke at the march....Imagine what kind of reception he would get there. This coming just weeks after Tom announced his bid for the presidency. There should be a lot of his supporters there. If Dobbs or other shows carry the march, it will be a good way to get Tom's name out there.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

April
    Jean wrote:

That's going to be HUGE. Heard John and Ken say today they'd do their broadcast from there a couple days too. Probably many of the talk show hosts will also.
    You got that right. This great! If it is going this strong now , can you imagine how BIG and motivated it will be by the 22nd?!

Remember, we're also going to be LOBBYING Congress!!

What a great experience for Americans to raise their voices on Capital Hill
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i Listened to an hour of Rogers show off the net.
    there are at least 30 different radio hosts who have signed up to go.
    and he says that before its over with, he might have 7-10 MORE

the last couple of weeks he has spent time talking with different hosts
    around the country on his radio show. its been very nice listening to l these different people from the entire US who are going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12