Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Email. Snowe to Vote no, Vote at 430

Date: Wednesday 8DEC2010 12:30 p.m.

VOTING EXPECTED TO START AROUND 4:30

We are winning in Senate & have a chance in House. But your phone calls are still needed to counteract giant barrage of pro-amnesty phoning.

1. Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) has just announced she will vote NO!

The pro-amnesty forces' battle plan for being able to get to 60 votes to pass the DREAM Act amnesty always depended on Snowe voting YES.

Snowe said: "Millions of illegal immigrants could attempt to become legal residents as a result of this proposal, according to some estimates, and it is incumbent upon the Senate to ensure our policies never again lead to a situation where we are confronted with upwards of 12 million illegal immigrants residing within our borders."

I suggest you quote Snowe to some of the offices you continue to call today.

2. Pro-amnesty activists are reporting they are 10 votes short in the HOUSE (but we are more than many votes short, ourselves).

The good news is that your phoning and faxing these last months (and especially this week) have guaranteed that almost all Republicans in the House will vote NO and that many Democrats will vote NO, while you are also keeping many, many Democrats still uncommitted either way.

The pro-amnesty people are claiming they have 208 of the 218 needed to pass.

Go to the alert I re-sent this morning that has all your targets in your region. Call the Democrats in those lists.

Capitol Switchboard is: 202-224-3121

3. Join our live webcast which we will begin at 3:30 this afternoon.

We will send out another alert when we know when something is really happening. We will get going in earnest once the DREAM amnesty comes to the floor of the Senate, perhaps as early as 4:15 this afternoon.

The debate will be quite short and the vote should immediately follow.

The vote will be on cloture, whether to allow the real debate on the bill to begin.

If we keep the amnesty side from getting 60 votes, we will have killed the DREAM amnesty.

The live streaming of our commentary and explanations from our conference room will be at:

www.NumbersUSA.tv

We'll be doing what we always do when immigration comes to the floor for a vote -- anxiously gathering to watch how Congress responds to our days, weeks and months of mobilizing the grassroots. And discussing and arguing over what each detail means.

Nothing fancy or formal. Just turning the cameras on our staff session. But after having you in our conference room for 10 hours on Election Night, we thought you might like to join us again for this occasion.

I may not be in the room at the beginning because I have to run over to CNN and do an interview on the Cavuto show. I'll get back to our conference room and the webcast as fast as I can.

Great

This is great news!!!!! Keep up the good work Senator Snowe!!!!

JAK
    Thank you Senator Snowe!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you Senator Snowe and when I spoke to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson's office earlier today, they told me she was a definite NO as well.

Than you Kay and Olympia.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bob Bennett is the only Republican I know of sneaking off, and his office doesn't seem to be taking any calls. We need to keep up with Lugar, continue to thank Hatch and encourage a NO from him. Also encourage Dems. Manchin, Landrieu, Stabenow, and McCaskill to break ranks.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)