Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Has It Wrong on Donald Trump

NumbersUSA has graded Donald Trump with a D- on illegal immigration. They are wrong! http://www.numbersusa.com/content/actio ... ances.html

Donald Trump said if he were elected President he would bring our troops home to guard our own borders, and back in 2010 he said illegal aliens found in this country should be sent home!

Donald talks about illegal immigration towards the end of the youtube. Notice the youtube was made in 2010!

Donald Trump wants the illegals sent back NO AMNESTY!!!
    May 8, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbx693Wn ... r_embedded
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Ill send a copy of this video over to NumbersUSA for you so they can take a closer look at this.

Thank you for bringing this to out attention.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Ill send a copy of this video over to NumbersUSA for you so they can take a closer look at this.

Thank you for bringing this to out attention.

W
    "Send this one too!" It was made Feb.9,2011

http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-t ... -pro-life/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm not so sure I like what Trump said towards the end of the Larry King video. He said that a lot of illegals are "very great workers," and doing jobs that he's "not so sure Americans want to do." He said that "we have a law, or at least you have to establish a law"(emphasis added). And then just simply claimed that people shouldn't be coming in illegally. It smells to me that he wants a huge guest worker program and/or limited amnesty. Pretty sure Numbers knows what they are doing as usual.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I just researched a bit on Numbers, and it appears his low grade has a lot to do with his "Abysmal" rating on limiting unfair worker competition. And to back up their rating, they quoted from that very same Larry King interview, and pretty much what I quoted. There was another quote cited from a different source where he supported increasing guest worker programs at the top as well.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

BearFlagRepublic wrote:

Pretty sure Numbers knows what they are doing as usual.
    Of course they do. They have a lot of experience at vetting these folks. For those that want to look closely, Trump is an easy read. I've been warning people on here about him for a while now. Glad to see I'm not alone in my feelings about Mr. Trump.

Trump has said he supports a path to legalization (amnesty) for individual illegals on a case by case bases.

Don't believe everything he tells you. Research is past history if you want to know the truth. Promises are easy to make, they are also easy to break. Furthermore, your past doesn't lie.

And Herman Cain is out too! We've been fooled by the ol' "No Amnesty for illegals campaign crap before!" Case in point McStain
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    BearFlagRepublic wrote:

Pretty sure Numbers knows what they are doing as usual.
    Of course they do. They have a lot of experience at vetting these folks. For those that want to look closely, Trump is an easy read. I've been warning people on here about him for a while now. Glad to see I'm not alone in my feelings about Mr. Trump.

Trump has said he supports a path to legalization (amnesty) for individual illegals on a case by case bases.

Don't believe everything he tells you. Research is past history if you want to know the truth. Promises are easy to make, they are also easy to break. Furthermore, your past doesn't lie.
    I would like to hear Trump expound more on what he meant about the amnesty you mention. Was he talking about giving the illegal aliens who have broken into our country amnesty, or was he talking about the people who are stuck in the broken legal immigration lines?

In my opinion, NumbersUSA are picking out the pieces they want and are quoting them.

Notice how they did not use the part where Trump talks about illegal immigration on the Larry King show. They used the video, but left out what Donald said about illegal immigration, and talked instead about the 'great people.'

This is what NumbersUSA used on their site about Trump. It is the EXACT SAME video I posted in the opening post above!!!

NumbersUSA version on their rating the candidates site.
    http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...dman.sachs.cnn

â–*On April 28, 2010, Mr. Trump said that America has "a lot of great people coming in" to pick crops, mow lawns, and other jobs that "not a lot of Americans" want to do."
    Source: http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestof ... .sachs.cnn
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    I'm not so sure I like what Trump said towards the end of the Larry King video. He said that a lot of illegals are "very great workers," and doing jobs that he's "not so sure Americans want to do." He said that "we have a law, or at least you have to establish a law"(emphasis added). And then just simply claimed that people shouldn't be coming in illegally. It smells to me that he wants a huge guest worker program and/or limited amnesty. Pretty sure Numbers knows what they are doing as usual.
    On the youtube in the opening post.

These are not exact quotes of Trump, but it is close enough..... These are the things Trump ALSO said to Larry when he talked about the great workers from Mexico, that NumbersUSA conveniently left out.

Trump told Larry that he favors the federal government doing the job they are supposed to do.

Trump favors people having to prove they are here legally. Larry said something about profiling, and Trump said people don't usually have blond hair if they are here from Mexico. Trumps wife said in other countries they have to have papers, so, so should we. She said people should be here legally.

Trump disagreed with the boycott of AZ.

Trump said, If people come here illegally, we have to get them out. He said we need laws. We need to know the laws. People don't even know the laws.

Trump talked about people from Mexico who come here to work. He is good with that if we follow our laws that deal with foreign workers. Trump said this is a hard problem. He said people are not supposed to be coming to this country illegally.

I'm not making my negative judgement of Trump from a handful of quotes. My opinion of the man has been formulated from finding and reading everything I could find on the man. Right now he's no different than 90% of past high office seekers - he's saying what he thinks the people want to hear. It's imperative that people place more importance on what the man has done in the past, not what he is saying now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast